Pakome

Trading website  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Interested ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hey guys,

I had an idea recently,  it's basically a medium site to list your trades. You could create a trade with the cards you own and the ones you want, then it would be displayed on the trades page.

You could search for one specific card and see what the other person is looking for. Trades would get more attention compared to the currently in game chat, due to the cards being instantly displayed, and players could filter only the cards they want.

I worked a bit on it and came up with some mock ups that I'll post below. If you guys are interested let me know and I'll work on it.

If you have any feedbacks let me know! Thanks for reading! ^_^

Capture d’écran 2018-10-14 à 21.56.07.png

Would be interested, but I don't know how useful it would be if it was hosted off-server...

Might get less than 5% of players on your website, and even then they probably wouldn't be on very often. Could lead to a spiral of death situation...

but then again, it might pick up :)

I think unless advertised and/or approved as an official partner website, the playerbase would have a hard time picking up on the site. Mostly because the playerbase is small as is.
But if it could get a sticky thread under a trading forum, then this could be huge. 

The only downside is, why trade when you can use Marketplace.

I think one thing that would be more interesting would be a website that tracks the cost and quantity of each card (BFP) by day, week, month, year. Like on this website (This website is for world of warcraft items - example): https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/twisting-nether/item/159125

art199_13 likes this

13 hours ago, Cetex said:

I think unless advertised and/or approved as an official partner website, the playerbase would have a hard time picking up on the site. Mostly because the playerbase is small as is.
But if it could get a sticky thread under a trading forum, then this could be huge. 

I think one thing that would be more interesting would be a website that tracks the cost and quantity of each card (BFP) by day, week, month, year. Like on this website (This website is for world of warcraft items - example): https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/twisting-nether/item/159125

Well Using warframe.market u can Pretty much track the current cost of specific item - which could also work on Bafo if 1 Person starts it and the others go down the Price untill theres a optimal amount of BfP People would buy the Cards for

• 3 months later...

i dont know how much effort is required to get a site like this going but especially the sell side seems interesting to me. It would be cool if the site was connected to ingame with an API though, similar to pathofexile poe.trade. Either way i think the value lies in recommended stuff, cause if i know what card i want already, this site wont help me much.

I like the idea and would definitely love if this was to be implemented on-server via the website (if the AH was to be made available via the website). But honestly until that happens I don't really see the value of this. When trading this would be a tool to accelerate the process when looking to trade cards below market value. But the time it takes to minimize the game and look for someone WTT a specific card or something and making sure he is online ingame simply doesn't make it efficient enough. Until the AH can be accessed via website I don't see a lot of use in this.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:33 AM, Cetex said:

Nah. Direct trading via chat is still favored by anyone who trades actively for a profit. It is faster for the seller and cheaper for the buyer. But the tracking website would be incredibly useful I must say. Only question is if the devs will make the server data available that is needed for such a website. The possibilities would also mean that using bots for trade, buying out a single card to create a temporary monopoly or manipulating market prices by other means would have less risk involved or made much easier. I'm not sure if this would be good or bad.