Does overlord worth keeping? [SOLVED]

Hello!
I happened to get 3 overlord cards in boosters since I started and know that they can be sold for decent amount of BFP.
My question is. Does it worth using/upgrading? For a 4T XL unit he is weaker then most other 4T XL units in terms of damage/health.
I do know that he is considered kinda core or an essential in shadow decks but I don't really know why.
I would be happy to know what is the best uses for him and what other cards I need for it to utilize him for the best.

P.S. I currently run a Shadow/Fire deck for both PVP and PVE.

Edited by Creep Crusher

2 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

In PvP it is obviously useless, in Shadow/Fire T4 you might have better PvE units I guess, Fire Dragon which is an XL counter useful for higher level PvE. Overlord as an L counter is fine, but his healing isn't that fast to make a real difference imo.

Thank you for replaying.
I am quite flexible and might be going full shadow in the future. It seems it really isn't that powerful. Especially compared to other high stats like Bloodhorn or Colossus.

Is he have any good combo going for him? Something that is unique for him that is worth keeping?

Edited by Creep Crusher

Imo pure shadow is the most hardest to learn PvE deck you´ll find, but of course it´s also the coolest and most fun.

If you seriously plan on going full shadow then you absolutely have to keep Overlord. On U3 his self healing is insane, you can use his active ability or Blood Healing on him to keep your units alive (shadow doesn´t have that many heals) and it won´t even phase him and you can use him to power your death rays which deal a lot of damge when fully loaded and combined with unholy hero.

Having said that, all of this requires A LOT of micromanagement hence why I consider it the hardest PvE deck.

Also his voice is epic.

Creep Crusher likes this

On 10/8/2018 at 10:15 AM, DerNewYork said:

I agree with ulv. For pure Shadow Overlord is a must have card. Cause you dont have that much healing and his healing and self healing is awesome.

If you plan to have a 2 Shadow 2 X combination in PvE/rPvE there are alot better cards imo. 

On 10/7/2018 at 10:19 PM, ulvfdfgtmk said:

Imo pure shadow is the most hardest to learn PvE deck you´ll find, but of course it´s also the coolest and most fun.

If you seriously plan on going full shadow then you absolutely have to keep Overlord. On U3 his self healing is insane, you can use his active ability or Blood Healing on him to keep your units alive (shadow doesn´t have that many heals) and it won´t even phase him and you can use him to power your death rays which deal a lot of damge when fully loaded and combined with unholy hero.

Having said that, all of this requires A LOT of micromanagement hence why I consider it the hardest PvE deck.

Also his voice is epic.

On 10/7/2018 at 1:33 PM, anonyme0273 said:

Overlord? Meh, not sure. If you go pure Shadow in PvE, try Shadow worms in teams of two alongside someone who can heal them. On it's own, Pure Shadow PvE ain't that grand as far as I know.

Thank you very much guys! I will take what you said into account!