Fire Natur rpve

I started playing rpve and I am having a lot of fun with my basic deck. The only problem is that I have a lot of downtime when I wait for enough energy to spend on my t3 or t4 units which kinda draws out the game. Are there any cards that would speed up my game?

Deck:
Nature T1
Windweavers
Shaman

Fire T2
Scythe Fiends
Vileblood

Fire T3
Volcano
Deepcoil Worm
Virtuoso

Fire T4
Grimvine
Fire Dragon
Giant Wyrm

Buildings:
Shrine of War
Breeding Grounds
Banner of Glory

Spells:
Surge of Light
Ensnaring Roots
Thunderstorm
Curse of Oink
Unity
Regrowth
Ray of Light

A usual game of mine is in rpve 6: Start with 4x WW and 4x Shaman and Kill every camp until T3 then build breeding grounds, kill my t1 units in banner of glory and wait for energy to make deepcoil and volcanoes, get t4 camp. wait for energy for big units and last kill every camp with the big army, regrowth and unity.

Compared to PvP, I find twilight units very usefull in rpve. Especially t4 units like Abomination and Nightshade Plant are almost unkillable with the 50% dmg reduction from Twilight Pestilence (blue) in addition to the healing power from Regrowth. I don't really think you need Grimvine, or Gigant Wyrm. Thought fire dragon has to get replaced with Skycatcher this way, but skycatcher isn't that bad anyway. Another good t4 card for rpve is earthquake. With this you can destroy the spawn building very quickly without walking through all of the units.

Same with t3. Mutating Maniac and Twilight Creeper are strong units. I don't think Vulcano or Virtuoso can keep up with them. However they lack a very strong XL unit. So Deepcoil Worm is a really good choise in a Fire Nature deck.

For t1 I like to use dryad (blue). She gives your units a 25% dmg reduction which is very usefull for WW + Shaman. But I would call her optional.

Twilight units have a good way to speed up your game: Their transformation. This way you don't even have to use breeding grounds because the costs of the transformation are simular reduced. At least it's a good way to switch from t3 to t4. Since you already have shrine of war I really doubt you need banner of glory. Especially if you fight with your t1 units untill the t3 anyway.

Edited by Chibiterasu

You have Shrine of War and are really complaining about energy beyond T3? You are doing something wrong.

But if you plan to do other PvE I would also put in Primal Defender (in some situations it is even helpful at rPvE).

Scythe Fiends and Vileblood are both melee units for the same tier so I would remove one or maybe even both, because with ensnaring roots you can continue the distant fighting you are used from your t1 and even make it really powerful with the fire stalker unit (just try it).

Volcano and Virtuoso are again two melee units while red / green is perfect at distant fighting and spell singing (especially because of warshrine). I would remove at least one of them maybe even both.

Deepcoil Worm is ok, but not very good. Yes it is XL and has nice looking stats but it is usually weaker than two smaller units. I would recomment magma hurler.

Fire Dragon has a huge damage if you manage to keep him alive. But I wouldnt put two air units in a deck (exception lost soul ships), because they are weaker than melee units.

Grimvine isnt bad, but I wouldnt put it into this deck, because almost any melee unit from green and green/red is better than grimvine, the only advantage grimvine has is that it only needs 1 green orb but in a red / green deck I would take another unit. My favorite is abomination (blue), its ability is really great, because it does huge damage (almost for nothing when warshrine is active) and it gives you protection from other melee units (even bosses).

I would ditch banner of glory, because your T1 and T2 units should be able to easily stay alive, so it just wastes a slot.

Breeding Grounds isnt necessary but ok if you have spare slots.

Surge of Light is also a waste: You have ensnaring roots, so melee units cant even damage you (hit and run if they are to many), you have windweavers which can kill very fast if focused on one enemy unit before it can damage you, then you have shaman should you still take a little damage, so that units shouldnt even be close to death. All this then in surge of light and banner of glory makes no sense.

To twilight units in general: there are usually better fire or nature creatures compared to twilight unit with a few exceptions (abomination blue and vileblood)

Other good cards (you maybe should think about):

Revenge (damage reduction and dealing damage at the same time, but it has a cap which isnt shown on the card)

Lavafield (good cleaner, root / oink everything, damage everything a little and after root / oink stops working, fire lavafield and everything is dead and if not you get after your CC spells an aditional knockback where the enemy cant do anything so that you can reduce the little health which still is remaining, before they can attack again)

Dryad blue (not really necessary but can be helpful sometimes)

Wheels of Gift (20% damage reduction, 20% increased damage, autoheal)

Cluster explosion (can sometimes clean bases in seconds by its own)

Earthshaker (destroying buildings / towers)

Twilight Pestilence (damage reduction / heal and damagespell)

Noxious Cloud (but cluster explosion is much better)

Inferno (good area damage and sometimes better than thunderstorm)

Flametower (for general PvE play and sometimes useful in rPvE)

Razorleaf (general PvE)

Equillibrium (useful at T3 and T4)

Hey man

I agree with a few things of the other two guys.
In my opinion, defending towers in rPvE are not necessary, you wont need them in any case. Execpt you'd like to play a "Only-Towers"-Deck.

T1:
- "Start with 4x WW and 4x Shaman", too much Shamans for too less WW. You can easaly get 2 more WW instead of 2 Shamans, so 5WW2S or 6WW2S works aswell.
- Surge of Light and Shaman are not necessary in my opinion, either Shaman or SOL. I personally prefer SOL, cause its a spell, so you have it in your void pool after casting it and you can help other team mates for healing and still use it on T4 to heal (if you're out of regrowth-charges)
- I agree on Roots, either Roots or Hurricane, both works fine
- I would personally change Shaman with Dryade Blue, the damage reduction is good for T1-T3.

T2:
- Scythe Fiend is not necessary I think. I like Vileblood in combination with Ravage, you can take down a T3 base very easy with Curse of Oink and maybe 1 Surge of Light.
- Lavafield makes good damage for all ground units where Vileblood doesnt have good damage against them. (so you walk into a base, oink all units, take down the spawn-building and then Lavafield everything)
- Breeding-Ground is necessary in every Nature Deck imo. Except you play with a mate who has it in your deck and you agree on leaving it at home.
- For flying units i would take Gladiatrix Green, good damage and also a swift unit, so you can search the map for enemys you forgot to clear.
- Ray of Light is optional, if you have too less SOL charges, take it with you. But SOL U3 is very strong and heals alot.

T3:
- Volcano and Virtuoso are useless imo. So remove them, there are more usefull cards.
- Unity is only necessary if you play without a Nature orb so you dont have any heals. If you play with Nature, remove Unity, you can easy heal your Units.
- Shrine of War is a must have card in every Fire Deck. Use it all the time in game, so you have no issues with your energy.
- I dont get it, why nobody plays with Healing Gardens, one of the most important and best cards imo. Especially if you have too less charges for heal. Must have imo.
- Usefull spells for T3: i would take 2 of them with me
     - Revenge, Inferno, Thunderstorm, Equilibrium (not really necessary), Aura of Pain
     - You only need Equilibrium if you have too less charges for SOL and Regrowth, so you have more healing
- For Unit for T3 i would recommand Deepcoil Worm or Brannoc (in combination with Aura of Pain)

T4:
- I would go for 2N2F orbs, so Fire Dragon is useless.
- There are some options you can go for (Units), Choose 2-3 of them. I would go either only 2x Abomination or 1x Abomination with Sky Catcher/Primeval Watcher
     - Abomination (both of them), Sky Catcher, Primeval Watcher, Giant Wyrm, Magma Fiend, Fire Worm
- For spells, there are also some options in T4: Regrowth is necessary. Also Earthshaker and Cluster (red) are very usefull!
     - Earthshaker, Cluster Explosion, Regrowth, Noxious Cloud, Twilight Pestilence

Thats how i would build a F/N Deck right now, feel free to ask, if you'd like something to know about my thought processes.

This is how the deck would look like. (assumed everything is U3 and 4 charges)
image.thumb.png.5f54c2bc4dd0bb9aa28468eadd84698d.png

Cheers, DNY

Edited by DerNewYork

Ohhh, all the good old memories! :) Earthshaker, Cluster Explosion. I totaly forgot about these cards. I do use Fire Sphere to destroy bases/huts. The do come for free within the game. ;)

Anyhow. Besides the need for 3 fire orbs, why do you would chose Earthshaker above Fire Sphere? Please enlighten me. If you had only two (or even just one) spare Slot which of the three spells you would take with you?

First of all, the main thing for rPvE is to destroy the spawn buildings. Which is allways the one on the right hand side, looked from the entrance of the base.

The problem with Fire Sphere is, if there are too many units or buildings, the damage will get split up and only do a few 100 damage. Where f.e. Earthshaker focuses only the buildings, which you prefer to take down. And Cluster Explosion only works good if there are many units.

So you see there are many plus and minus points from these 3 cards, let me round up:

Fire Sphere:
+ Imo high damage if you focus one target
- 3 Fire orbs
- Long executable time
- Low damage if there are many units

Cluster Explosion:
+ High damage for full bases
+ 2 Fire orbs, so good for combinations (Bandits / Twilight)
- Not that usefull for lower bases
- High power costs (not a problem if you use Shrine of War)
- Only 1 charge and long recharge time

Earthshaker:
+ only 100 Energy
+ High structure damage
+ 2 charges + not that long recharge time
+ Only 1 Fire orb, which is perfect for combinations

To answer your question about what would I take with in the deck.
If I had 1 slot left -> Cluster Explosion, cause it can save so much time for rPvE 9 if you are in hurry, which Earthshaker cannot
If I had 2 slots left -> Cluster Explosion and Earthshaker, imo this is the best option, if I only had 1 slot left, I would take any other card out for Earthshaker
If I had 3 slots left -> Cluster Explosion and Earthshaker + any other card, I wouldnt take Fire Sphere with me.

Feel free to ask more ;-)

Cheers, DNY

Edited by DerNewYork

What about this deck? It's for lvl 9, I dont think t1 Fire is viable in lvl 10, at least in team with randoms. I prefere to beat 10 with nature t1.
At least 2 cards is against LS - Protector Seal and Firesworn.
For T1 I hope for Erruption/other player against flying enemies. And it seems I should add Gladiatrix, but dont know where I should place it.
Mb I should change Revenge to red Cluster Explosion, because Twilight Pestilence+Regrowth seems more than enough?
Would you recommend to exclude some builduins? SoW is essential of course, but usually at least 1 player have Wheels.
And Im not sure Disenchant is very needable.

X5m9PyW.png

Edited by Loriens

Hey Loriens

Fire can be played in T10, no problem there. But lets focus on level 9.

Deck seems very good in my eyes  Disenchant is only needed when you play Bata in T4, so I would remove this card for sure and I'm not a huge fan of Eruption, so I would also remove this.
Add Gladiatrix for Eruption and Cluster Explosion for Disenchant. And you're good to go.

As I'm also not a huge fan of Wheels, I would also remove this card and add Healing Gardens to the deck.
Maybe switch out Surge of Light with Ravage. But if you dont have all charges on Regrowth, go with Surge of Light (+ Healing Gardens) cause SOL really heals much with HG.

And I like the Protectors Seal, very usefull for LS maps.

The other cards looks good in my eyes. Should work for the most maps.

Cheers, DNY

Loriens likes this