GPU at 100%

Dinozaver959

On 9/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, Dinozaver959 said:

Why is my GPU at 100% whenever I have the game open?

I have played many games with far greater complexity and never has my GPU been anywhere close to 100%.

Are you guys running crypto mining?

I highly doubt it, considering it can run on high graphics on my potato from 2010.

Edited by vonmew

On 10/1/2018 at 9:38 PM, MephistoRoss said:

Try switching some Graphics options like SSAO or V-sync for example.

Hmm. Exept a SSD I do have my old, orignal PC, which I used to play BF (at full graphical settings @1920x1200) in former days. Sometimes the GPU had also a load of 100%. Dunno why. Nowadays I do play with abloulut minimal setting, even windowed to 1024x768. So, with SSAO and V-sync off I still get almost 100% GPU, even quite often.

Hey Guys,

downloaded yesterday the game (loved it back in the days). Locked in, everything worked perfectly. I then changed the settings to high, since i have, compared to back then (5 years ago), a far better computer. I dont have a high end GPU, but i still expected that my Radeon R9 380 should run it smoothly. Well, it didnt. The GPU had a workload of 100%, even the vision started to flicker green XD. i then turned the settings back, since i couldn't play like that. The workload of my GPU went down to 30% and the game was running. The weird thing than was, that after a crash, i had 100% GPU workload at the lock-in and it was again so bad that  i had the green flickering, the GPU workload then dropped again after i was in the forge.
Sadly, after an connection loss to the client, i had to lock in again, and again, same problem, vision flickered and my PC even shut down :'). Long story short, my GPU is dead now O.o

I dont know what the reason is. I think is was just bad luck, since the GPU shouldnt die from a high workload !?  

So i will not be able to game the next days :lol::'), hopefully i get the warranty.

i cant realy tell :lol:. i'm now playing at lowest settings with the GPU-Modul of my i5 :D. Die GPU workload is still highest in the log-in client (~100% GPU workload), but it's not causing any problems. In the forge or in-game i have a stable GPU workload around 80%.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Kiwi locked this topic