Need help building Shadow deck

Hello,

I’m playing atm shadow/frost but I want to sell and go pure Shadow. My intention is to play pure shadow now and after the release of the game .

So i want a pve and a rpve deck without limited price. Just want to know the best deck possible, I know there will be changes depending the map objectives but a general one 

Just now, joaofcn7 said:

Hello,

I’m playing atm shadow/frost but I want to sell and go pure Shadow. My intention is to play pure shadow now and after the release of the game .

So i want a pve and a rpve deck without limited price. Just want to know the best deck possible, I know there will be changes depending the map objectives but a general one 

@Chimerae

TBH

I'd Recommend going 3 orb shadow then splashing to another type cause all you gain at 4 shadow orbs is shadow worm who without heal support is kinda Lackluster when considering the other potential splash cards

Fire: EarthShaker, BloodHorn

Frost: Malestrom, Lost Spirit Ship

Nature: Regrowth, Grimvine, Giant wyrm and deepcoil (if your really want a worm)  

If you wanna go for full shadow in rPvE, the most essential cards are:

T1: either forsaken or nox trooper + soul splicer (green); embalmer's shrine (OR harvester)

T2: shadow phoenix (with embalmer's shrine) OR harvester

T3: blood healing > use this on overlord who will heal back up passively

T4: overlord; death ray and/or grim bahir

You can fill in the rest to whatever you prefer

29 minutes ago, Chimerae said:

If you wanna go for full shadow in rPvE, the most essential cards are:

T1: either forsaken or nox trooper + soul splicer (green); embalmer's shrine (OR harvester)

T2: shadow phoenix (with embalmer's shrine) OR harvester

T3: blood healing > use this on overlord who will heal back up passively

T4: overlord; death ray and/or grim bahir

You can fill in the rest to whatever you prefer

Embalmers shrine or harvester? Isn’t supost to have both? What about going t4 with other color? There is no spell or creature worth going shadow I would go nature for the healing at least?

I meant, you either go harvester, or you go shadow phoenix (which requires embalmer's shrine). So if you go the harvester route, you won't need embalmer's shrine. Both harvester or shadow phoenix will take you both your T3 and T4 bases. Personally I prefer the phoenixes, but some like harvester more. It's up to you, good sir ;)

I would recommend motivate for t1

T2 you can also go Shadow Mage + Netherwarp (nature affinity) - those work really well with motivate as well.

You definetly want Cultist Master and furnace of flesh as well for void manipulation. The rest is kind of optional imo, bit infect soulshatter and frenetic assault can help a ton (especially the latter two)

Infect also synergizes nicely with motivate btw.

Edited by Treim

Ended up with:

RPVE

t1:

Nox Trooper 

soul splicer

embalmer s shrine

motivate

nasty surprise

offering

t2:

shadow phoenix

harvester ( change to shadow mage?)

furnance of flesh

unholy power

nether wrap

t3:

blood healing

satanael

cultist master

soul shatter

amii monument (not sure)?

t4(nature)

rifle cultists

overlord

grim bahir

regrowth 

Deck full: 20/20 

Edited by joaofcn7
Added some cards

12 minutes ago, Chimerae said:

You could add rifle cultists and offering. Whenever you use offering on a squad of rifle cultists, it will give a new charge to your other T4 cards, allowing you to quickly build up an army of T4 XL units.

Should I remove harvester? And amii monument  stays and remove t3 units? Really confused about t3 :/

2 minutes ago, joaofcn7 said:

Should I remove harvester? And amii monument  stays and remove t3 units? Really confused about t3 :/

The thing is, you don't really need T3 in rPvE, I can briefly explain why, but to understand it, I would suggest just to try it out.

Step 1: start building embalmer's shrine

Step 2: spam nox troopers and build soul splicer to claim T2.

Step 3 option 1: save up power for 3 shadow phoenixes. Order them to crashdive into the spawning hut with embalmer's shrine enabled. They will kill surrounding units, and all respawn, as you had embalmer's shrine enabled. Clear up the rest of the camp and claim T3.

Step 4 option 1: with your respawned phoenixes, crash into the spawn building(s) of T4 base. Clear the rest and claim T4.

Step 3 option 2: save up power for an harvester and send him to take out T3 base. If you go the harvester route I advise to add unholy power to buff it up. Use harvester's skeletons to speed up the process of clearing the full camp.

Step 4 option 2: heal up your harvester and go take out T4 base with your harvester. Again, you won't need T3 units to do this.

In both options, time your attack with your teammate to make this easier, and you should be good to go!

30 minutes ago, Chimerae said:

The thing is, you don't really need T3 in rPvE, I can briefly explain why, but to understand it, I would suggest just to try it out.

Step 1: start building embalmer's shrine

Step 2: spam nox troopers and build soul splicer to claim T2.

Step 3 option 1: save up power for 3 shadow phoenixes. Order them to crashdive into the spawning hut with embalmer's shrine enabled. They will kill surrounding units, and all respawn, as you had embalmer's shrine enabled. Clear up the rest of the camp and claim T3.

Step 4 option 1: with your respawned phoenixes, crash into the spawn building(s) of T4 base. Clear the rest and claim T4.

Step 3 option 2: save up power for an harvester and send him to take out T3 base. If you go the harvester route I advise to add unholy power to buff it up. Use harvester's skeletons to speed up the process of clearing the full camp.

Step 4 option 2: heal up your harvester and go take out T4 base with your harvester. Again, you won't need T3 units to do this.

In both options, time your attack with your teammate to make this easier, and you should be good to go!

I have to try it but looks simple enough. I’m going for the Phoenix option, just need some cards to replace : satanael, cultist master and harvester and probably amii since i don’t need it. Amii is useful on +8 rpve or not at all? Looking the deck now, really only need the first 2 orbs on shadow

Edited by joaofcn7

I mean Amii monument is actually cheaper than claiming T4 normally. If you do 4 player maps you cant know if you'll be the one to build it however, as only 1 at a time is allowed on the map. Cultist master is actually kinda nice with furnace of flesh to replenish your power. Satanael is as you said really not needed.

:shadoworb::shadoworb::frostorb::natureorb:

RPVE

t1:

Nox Trooper 

soul splicer

embalmer s shrine

motivate

nasty surprise

offering

t2:

shadow phoenix

furnance of flesh

unholy power

nether wrap

t3:

blood healing

cultist master

soul shatter

amii monument 

t4

rifle cultists

overlord

grim bahir

regrowth 

lost spirit ship

maelstrom

Look’s better now, probably better to remove some t4 unit idk,  Breeding grounds looks good here 

Edited by joaofcn7

I'd definitely put in a Resource Booster in there somewhere.  It really helps the t4 push to the end allowing you to spam out spells and units.  With how fast rPvE scenarios are the extra power consumption is not even experienced. 

Frenetic Assault is a very powerful form of crowd control; which, is always useful.

Cultist Masters and Furnace of Flesh is a good combo to use to keep void power down; however if someone on your team is running Shrine of War you do not need them.

Personally I always liked putting in a red affinity Snapjaws in t1 and summoning a single one; which required a little extra micro with swapping targets and focusing targets due to the slow attack animation of the Snapjaws, but could very effective if used properly.  This is completely unnecessary though.

20 hours ago, joaofcn7 said:

:shadoworb::shadoworb::frostorb::natureorb:

RPVE
t1:
Nox Trooper 
soul splicer
embalmer s shrine
motivate
nasty surprise (not needed in rPvE)
offering (only if you have too less t4 card charges)

t2:
shadow phoenix
furnance of flesh
unholy power (also not really needed when you play shadow phoenix)
nether wrap (optional)

t3:
blood healing (not needed when you play nature in t4)
cultist master
soul shatter
amii monument 

t4
rifle cultists (only needed when you dont have overlord and grimbahir 4 times, when you can get enough t4 units without offern, remove this and offering)
overlord
grim bahir
regrowth 
lost spirit ship
maelstrom

Look’s better now, probably better to remove some t4 unit idk,  Breeding grounds looks good here

I added some comments in the quote.

Im not a fan of the ice orb just because of the Lost Spirit Ship (and Maelstrom). But this is a personal opinion.
I'd rather go 3 shadow orb and add Death Ray + 1 nature orb. If Cardbase would work, I would make a deck to show you.

Cards you can use instead:

- Resource Booster
- Healing Gardens
- Breeding Ground
- Revenge
- Infect
- Frenetic Assault
- Thunderstorm for T3
- maybe there are more cards, i dont have in my mind right now

Thats the way I would build a :shadoworb::shadoworb::shadoworb::natureorb: deck atm. (I would maybe take Nox Carrier with me, cause i really love this card)

image.thumb.png.955fbeb5c6b8a82341951042fc704f65.png

And this is what I would recommand you to play, its a little bit more save.

image.thumb.png.28e548d46abde130557ff0af22ef7652.png

Feel free to ask, if you would like to know something.

Cheers, DNY

Edited by DerNewYork

You have the wrong Soulsplicer and the wrong Netherwarp in your deck, but so far, it seems really good.

Maybe take Ashbone-Pyro instead of f.e. Undead-Army with you. Then your is T3 save.

For Riflecultists and Offering i would take Netherwarp and Infect out of the deck.

Cheers, DNY

Edited by DerNewYork

Here is what I'd consider as 'core'.  Of course different variations will work with different play-styles so the end deck is entirely up to you.  This allows for 3 filler cards.

image.thumb.png.f5121df59238871c38928017175a7693.png

If you are playing Amii Monument, I'd swap out Ashborne Pyro because Ashborne is typically used as a cleanup card going to your t4 orb. 

Death Ray is stronger than Grim Bahir but until you get its 3rd upgrade it is SLOW, so before you have a fully upgraded Death Ray I'd go with Grim Bahir (if you have it) or Giant Wyrm (if you don't have Grim Bahir).

And like I said before Furnace and Cultist Master are only useful if nobody on your team is using Shrine of War.

30 minutes ago, Kitsurubami said:

Here is what I'd consider as 'core'.  Of course different variations will work with different play-styles so the end deck is entirely up to you.  This allows for 3 filler cards.

image.thumb.png.f5121df59238871c38928017175a7693.png

If you are playing Amii Monument, I'd swap out Ashborne Pyro because Ashborne is typically used as a cleanup card going to your t4 orb. 

Death Ray is stronger than Grim Bahir but until you get its 3rd upgrade it is SLOW, so before you have a fully upgraded Death Ray I'd go with Grim Bahir (if you have it) or Giant Wyrm (if you don't have Grim Bahir).

And like I said before Furnace and Cultist Master are only useful if nobody on your team is using Shrine of War.

Looks great i will start by using this one before lvl up the cards, just gonna add the 3 nature cards i had in my deck and its done :D 

Hello again, I’ve been looking laying the deck for a while and it’s great just had some problems on t3 when my Phoenix died before reaching the place I wanted to attack but figured it out and is working now and when they attack my t3 orb and needed to defend but pyros do the job. 

Now I would like some help building a PVE deck,   a standard one with some towers... 

@Kitsurubami @DerNewYork @Chimerae

Can you show the deck you are playing right now for rPvE?

PvE depends on what map you'd like to play.

T1 Tower - Phase Tower
T2 Tower - Time Vortex / Stone of Torment / Juice Tank
T3 Tower - Church of Negation* (depends on Map) / Necroblaster (really nice)
T4 Tower - I would go with Worldbreaker Gun

For PvE I also would get Harvester for some maps with buffs and Satanael.

Cheers, DNY

*Church of Negation only in combination with Kobold Engineer

Here is what I typically used for PvE (of course depending on map it would change) this setup only requires 2 shadow orbs allowing for a lot of versatility when swapping in/out cards. This leaves 2 spots open for whatever you want.

image.thumb.png.4ce60fe2e915b7ee28acb9233b71f816.png

T1: Snapjaws being optional. I found them very handy with maps with an end boss; a 50% bonus to all damage sources is awesome.

T2: Viridya can usually keep Shadow Mages (and Cultist Masters) healthy thus eliminate a lot of downtime, and her summoned units are a very durable front line.  Moving a phase tower could also fulfill this role, but is cumbersome.

T3: Cultist Masters, summon about 4 (or more) Masters use 'Call Horrors' and 'Motivate' on the Nightcrawlers before pushing a point, and you'll have 11 super strong Nightcrawlers (with a fully upgraded Cultist Master summoning 3 crawlers at a time).  They'll destroy about everything on the ground while the Mages, Nox, and Masters will clean up any flying units.  Necroblaster can be fed by Cultist Masters and it's activatable ability can be used on the summoned Nightcrawlers or Nether Crawlers from Grim Bahir for a heal.

T4: Don't forget about the Rifle Cultist 'Dark Grenade' ability.  A well placed grenade can do wonders.  Or a poorly placed grenade can....well, I don't wanna talk about that.  Also, the Nether Crawlers spawned by the Grim Bahir help to feed the Overlord, and add some damage mitigation due to the fact enemy units will be attacking the Nether Crawlers as opposed to your other units.

~Variations

Shadow

T2:

-Harvester is a very strong (expensive but strong) especially if you have him fully upgraded. 

-You can use Knight of Chaos (shadow affinity) his ability has some niche uses; using Shadow Mages 'Foul Play' ability on him before having him charge in solo with 'Tainted Chaos' activated was so much fun, and could do a ton of damage for very little power investment as long as there were no towers. 

-Resource Booster for shorter duration maps.

T3:

-Fallen Skyelf is great if you could utilize her +200% damage debuff properly. 

-Ashbone Pyro and Mutating Frenzy (with Deathwish activated) also worked well with Viridya as she could keep them healthy. 

-Satenael (red) is also a strong ranged XL counter pick which allows you to remove Snapjaws from T1.

T4:

-Death Ray is stronger than Grim Bahir but is slow until you get its last upgrade, which is also an XL counter. 

-Necrofury can one-shot a lot of bosses with 'Bone Shards' when used while under the effects of the spell 'Unholy Hero'. 

-Unholy Hero is also good if you can nullify it's negative effect (I liked using Dark Grenade with Unholy Hero to take out large portions of an enemy encampment than using Offering on the Rifle Cultists to replenish my T4 card charges).

Lost Souls

T2:

-Swap out Shadow Mage for Lost Shade (I preferred blue affinity) summon 3+ of these for an unstoppable front line (especially with Viridya backing them with her regen); however, this method requires a fair amount of bound energy. 

-Juice Tank can be useful if it is a longer duration map. If i remember correctly as long as it extends a power orbs life by 100 seconds for 1 well (50 seconds if it covers 2, 33 seconds if it covers 3) it will have paid for itself anything beyond that is extra energy.  If you factor in destroying the building after depleting the power well thus refunding 90% of its power to void, that number is reduced to 10 seconds of extended life. (I could be remembering these values incorrectly, please correct me if I am wrong

T3:

-Lost Grigori or Lost Horror (I preferred green affinity for the cleave) were both viable options to replace or work in conjunction with Cultist Masters. 

-Lost Vigil is also a good option for maps that require static defense.

T4:

-Lost Warlord could replace Overlord netting an increase in overall damage; however, I preferred Overlord in solo play due to his inherent tankiness due to 'Flesh Feast'; however, if you are in a group with someone playing Wheel Of Gifts or using a lot of heals Lost Warlord is usually the better pick. 

-Lost Spirit Ship would replace Grim Bahir as the AOE from LSS's is amazing. 

-Lost Dragon (either affinity) can be used, but fulfills more of a support role due to relatively low damage and the debuffs it applies (either 50% damage reduction to target shadow affinity, or disabling ranged/special attacks nature affinity both in a 15 meter range of target) so usually only 1 or 2 should be summoned, but can be very effective if used properly. 

Pros great pushing power early on with Lost Shades, and strong cleave mechanics with Horror and LSS, and crowd control if you bring freezing spells.

Bandit

I'd keep the deck the same until T4, but at T3 Gunner, Corsair, and Soulhunter are all viable options to swap in.

T4:

-Swap out Overlord for Bloodhorn (shadow affinity) because his Stampede ability in conjunction with his Tainted Purge are awesome in clearing any structures.

Pros amazing at taking out enemy bases at T4

Nature

T2:

-Swap Shadow Mage for Amii Phantom, her slam ability is very good in certain situations, and withering spear is always good.

-Burrower is also good if the map calls for early siege damage.

-Breeding Grounds as long as you're going to spend 280 power (fully upgraded) in its aura if you leave it constructed.  You only need to spend about 30 power in it's aura (as 90% of its bound power goes to void once destroyed) if you are going to destroy it after summoning your units. 

T3:

-Deepcoil Worm is always a solid pick for this tier.

-Wheel of Gifts is always good.

T4:

-I actually like to play Primeval Watcher at this tier.  His ability to cleave down groups is nice; however, his single target damage is abysmal.

-Grimvine can be used over the Overlord for more base damage and siege damage.

-Giant Wyrm is also always a solid pick at this tier, although it brings an expensive power cost (personally I'd use Grim Bahir over Giant Wyrm).

Pros healing/sustainability/utility

However it all boils down to what you enjoy playing, so whatever kind of deck you build make sure you like playing it :) 

Edited by Kitsurubami
grammar, etc... added some cards to variants
Treim and ulvfdfgtmk like this