Card play blocked in this area, most of map.

gubaguy

Been noticing that randomly, for no real reason, that my card play is getting blocked in PvE and story missions, typically during extended games where i need to max out my unit count to take a single objective (like killing a dragon, or destroying a base).  This is particularly frustrating because my cards are not upgraded, and i dont have many, and NEED heals at this crucial battles to keep my units alive as they almost always die in 1-2 hits, so having card play randomly blocked makes the battles unwinnable, especially if the 'boss' is supported by healers who are BEHIND them and cant be reached without losing all my units.

The worst examples of this seem to be in the map behind enemy lines, in which the ENTIRE north western corner is blocked from card play, and the dragon has 3+ healers that can heal him behind the walls, making it literally impossible to kill them without first killing the dragon.  Theres also another space to the south, just right of the south western camp, again making it nearly impossible to kill the dragon with level 1 cards.

Is there any reason to block the ability to play cards in this area, other then to create artificial difficulty?  Or is this a bug?

Only slightly related, when i DO manage to brute force past this issue (after spending over an hour spawning a single unit at a time to max unit count to kill the dragons) the game crashes and i dotn even get credit for completing the map, or gold, or any upgrades :<

1 minute ago, MephistoRoss said:

There are certain enemy units that block playing cards near them. Twilight dragons are one of them, but also the Twilight swiftclaws for example.

So this is normal gameplay, not a bug.

But the dragon only seems to block healing spells, i can still spam units, though thats not effective because it always one shots half health units so theres no point, also damaging spells directed at the dragon arent affected, its JSUT my healing spells.

2 minutes ago, MephistoRoss said:

Yeah, I think it has got something to do with the area of effect. However the blocking isn't 100% anyway since if you try hard enough, you should be able to get a heal off also.

Theres also the fact that the card play blokcing is happening pretty far away from the dragon, like... if the dragon is fighting my units to the north west, why is card play being blocked in the west middle section of the map?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use