RadicalX PvP Tutorial Series

RadicalX

Welcome Skylords Community, 

today I want to introduce the start of my PvP tutorial series. This is going to be a section for newer players that are interested in PvP. Since there are not many sources, that introduce you into the world of PvP I just wanted to offer something, that maybe useful for some new competitive players, that are interested into this gamemode. Since I tend to make walls of text I decided to go for a video series this time, which is hopefully a little bit more enjoyable. I will add more and more videos over time, so we hopefully end up with a full tutorial series when open beta starts. 

Right away I want to say: If you have any questions or if you think I miss any important points -> simply message me and I will add videos to give more input. 

Overall introduction (you can also just skip this video tbh):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34NyBAZ1Xfw&t=8s

#1 Pick your Deck

You need to find a deck that you enjoy playing and what fits your playstyle. Every deck has a somewhat unique feeling when you play it, therefore it is useful to find something that you enjoy while playing. If you are a new player I recommend an easier deck (so stay away from Bandits at the beginning), that allows you to learn alot of basic mechanics without beeing forced to read walls of text before winning a single game. 

1.1 Fire Nature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUfp3C0yFY

1.2 Pure Frost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRNkDzuILFQ

1.3 Pure Nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyj1ZpAH1ws

1.4 Pure Shadow

https://youtu.be/CSaFiZ7UjHE

1.5 Pure Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIbRiH2LR4M

#2 Deck Building

#3 T1 Basics

#4 Deck specific basics

- more videos and comments about to appear soon: I will extend this topic as soon as possible -

Edited by RadicalX
Slyfe, Eirias, SunWu and 4 others like this

@RadicalX no offense, but you need a better editor :)

I can barely read some of your text.

If you want, we can work together to put something out on the community channel...

I'm thinking you can get the visuals (we can probably use what you did for these versions) and I can add some clearer text; we can work together on the voiceovers.

If you're just trying to get something quick and dirty out there, that's fine. I'd love to sit down with you and really plan the best ways to introduce the game to new players though. And if we have a higher production value, this could be the definitive tutorial. 

For example, I think we should explain a lot of basics like void, unit counters, etc. before asking players to choose a faction.

Of course, planning an entire course and editing with effects and stuff will be super time consuming and may take months to finish. That wouldn't be a problem because I'm sure we can finish before the open stress test is complete, but I understand if you just want something fast for open stress players.

Edited by Eirias

6 hours ago, Eirias said:

@RadicalX no offense, but you need a better editor :)

I can barely read some of your text.

If you want, we can work together to put something out on the community channel...

I'm thinking you can get the visuals (we can probably use what you did for these versions) and I can add some clearer text; we can work together on the voiceovers.

If you're just trying to get something quick and dirty out there, that's fine. I'd love to sit down with you and really plan the best ways to introduce the game to new players though. And if we have a higher production value, this could be the definitive tutorial. 

For example, I think we should explain a lot of basics like void, unit counters, etc. before asking players to choose a faction.

Of course, planning an entire course and editing with effects and stuff will be super time consuming and may take months to finish. That wouldn't be a problem because I'm sure we can finish before the open stress test is complete, but I understand if you just want something fast for open stress players.

Thanks for the offer! Would be great to do this together. Explaining stuff like the void was something I intended to do in these bonus videos. But with a proper structure and better editing we can make this tutorial much better.

When you talk about void manipulation in Nature video I would like to see Energy Parasite sneaking into enemy well and Shirne of Memory being used. Basicly I would like to see representation of what you talk about in videos. Also when you presenting a deck type it could be nice to see some cards and combos specific to this deck in use, like Harvester attacking a base in Shadow video, Parasite Swarm stealing powerful unit in Nature video etc. to show new player what cool cards and mechanics given deck have to offer.

I recommend to take your time and do more editing. There is no deadline here.

Looking forward to your tutorial series. Best luck!

1 hour ago, Smok said:

When you talk about void manipulation in Nature video I would like to see Energy Parasite sneaking into enemy well and Shirne of Memory being used. Basicly I would like to see representation of what you talk about in videos. Also when you presenting a deck type it could be nice to see some cards and combos specific to this deck in use, like Harvester attacking a base in Shadow video, Parasite Swarm stealing powerful unit in Nature video etc. to show new player what cool cards and mechanics given deck have to offer.

I recommend to take your time and do more editing. There is no deadline here.

Looking forward to your tutorial series. Best luck!

I fully agree, that's what I was looking for. Sadly it's hard to find the accurate replays from my replay folder with thousands of files in there. 

I guess I will invest more time into finding more and better replays. Also agree about the editing part. I guess I will take some time for other section parts and maybe Eirias could support me there aswell :)