Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Winchester

BFP Balancing

Seeing the pricing on the market,  getting 75 bfp / quest, 

I suggest the following:

1. Making base prices in the market for any card to reduce luck in boosters and obviously players offering slightly less than the base price will have their cards bought by other players
    (The exact number of each price obviously should be accordingly but seeing ONE card cost over 1000 bfp and getting 150 bfp / day is absurd, the progress is too small).

I'd also like to add that this method will prevent rich players from buying the entire stock of very rare cards and selling them for twice the price or more, making it insanely hard for players to get them or
   as I'd like to call it, "Taking control over the auction house".

2. Make boosters cost 75 each offering X number of boosters bought a day.

3. Reward small amount of bfp in each mission depends on the difficulty.

4. Allow gold to be converted to bfp using huge ratio as an example 1000 gold = 5 bfp.

5. Discard the bfp system and balance around gold ONLY or vise versa.

6. Allow destroying certain cards for smaller % of their total worth for BFP

7. Make weekly quests in addition to the daily, rewarding more BFP to players.

8. Make a quest so that after X amount of days a player has connected and played one mission, he's rewarded with BFP so that the servers are always alive. As an example, after 7 / 14 / 30 days a player 
    connected to the server and played any mission, he's rewarded with BFP (I'd like to add that it doesn't have to be day after day but amount of days in total)

9. Reward specific cards from a card pool on any mission while discarding the upgrade reward system and decrease the amount of BFP earned to simulate dungeon runs in any RPG. players will seek parties
    more and more which will highly increase the replay-ability of the game.

10. Reward players with bfp for portion of the total worth for every card that is duplicated through boosters. For instance if a player already owns the max copies allowed of a card, he will be rewarded bfp
      instead when receiving it through any other means.

Obviously any of the above can be discarded, choosing one, two or any should improve the experience quite a bit.
As for now, I see no reason to play outside the daily quests routine because I get so little amount of bfp that I can barely buy half a card with them while getting upgrades for any card is very cheap.

felkin likes this

To translate your post in simple and short words:

I want to get more for less - and faster!

Sorry if that sounds too harsh, but allmost every point is leading towards everyone having more BFP and Cards. Which will obv. lead to an almost useless market pretty fast. You called your thread "BFP Balancing", but to me it looks like "BFP Overflowing".

51 minutes ago, Winchester said:

6. Allow destroying certain cards for smaller % of their total worth for BFP

It'll be hard to determine that value imo.

8. Make a quest so that after X amount of days a player has connected and played one mission, he's rewarded with BFP so that the servers are always alive. As an example, after 7 / 14 / 30 days a player connected to the server and played any mission, he's rewarded with BFP (I'd like to add that it doesn't have to be day after day but amount of days in total)

That will most likely be a thing as there are more Quest and Achievements to come.
They already got more of them ready - which currently are just not all enabled iirc. (don't remember where I got that from 2bh)

9. Reward specific cards from a card pool on any mission while discarding the upgrade reward system and decrease the amount of BFP earned to simulate dungeon runs in any RPG. players will seek parties more and more which will highly increase the replay-ability of the game.

Though I really like the idea of that one, I am afraid that it will lead to an (far too) easy access for specific cards as well as the other points.
However, the idea to increase replay-value and a party-play should definetly get some deeper thoughts.

Edited by Nerevar
Elektronenhirn likes this

1 minute ago, Nerevar said:

To translate your post in simple and short words:

Sorry if that sounds too harsh, but allmost every point is leading towards everyone having more BFP and Cards.

Number 8 will most likely be a thing as there are more Quest and Achievements to come.
They already got more of them - they're are currently just not all enabled iirc.

Though I reall ylike the idea of that one, I am afraid that it will lead to an far too easy access for specific cards as well as the other points.
However, the idea to increase replay-value and a party-play should definetly get some deeper thoughts.

It is unnecessarily more and faster as you quoted because the numbers can be tweaked. The ideas of course is to always provide better experience for the community.
If you get 150 bfp / day and you have a card you want to buy which costs 1000+ bfp, it will take you a week to get that one single cards where other cards can be even more expensive and you end up logged in for short time to get rid of the daily quests instead of playing the game for longer.

Some quests can end up being really hard to complete if they require interaction with other players since most of them will be online for short time.
It's always fun to play missions and do the storyline but you also like to increase the size of your collection effectively. 

1 minute ago, fiki574 said:

The process of BFP and progression gain is sped up for Open Stress Test purposes. For later stages, it will be toned down,

If currently it is sped up then  I might end up playing a year and not complete the deck I want to play. It will ruin the experience I'm guessing not just for me.
What do you see acceptable as progression?

I guess the better question to ask if how often should you get a card per time spent playing.

12 minutes ago, Winchester said:

If you get 150 bfp / day and you have a card you want to buy which costs 1000+ bfp,  [...]

Currently overprized cards most likely won't be a thing after several weeks of release.
They're just hard overprized right now as people wanna use the moment when the cards are still pretty rare. After release and no wipes these all cards will get more common and drop in value.

Also: You can get 225 bfp/day at the current state as you get 3 quests with bfp rewards.

btw: you messed up the quote in your prev. answer pretty bad :S

Edited by Nerevar

1 hour ago, Nerevar said:

Currently overprized cards most likely won't be a thing after several weeks of release.
They're just hard overprized right now as people wanna use the moment when the cards are still pretty rare. After release and no wipes these all cards will get more common and drop in value.

Also: You can get 225 bfp/day at the current state as you get 3 quests with bfp rewards.

Why won't it be a thing once the game is released? What's going to stop the type of players who like to enter as early as possible into the auction house world and take over it by submitting the prices?
I am asking because I really don't know, It's not a rhetorical question.

1 hour ago, Nerevar said:

btw: you messed up the quote in your prev. answer pretty bad :S

I don´t see a reason to "Balance" you get at the moment really easy a lot of BFP. Its a bit to easy at the stress test for my opinion.

I startet from begin of the stress test and got an Account value of about 2k BFP true and 6-7k BFP worth in Cards. The only reason for this is luck in boosters and trading skills.

If you would make it easier to get BFP we would get too much BFP at the Market and a hyperinflation on BFP. => Prices would increase. Just like it is at the moment.

But its also a reason that we didnt wiped so far and we have to much BFP in the Market.

the prices we all see now in market is because not all players play the game and get bfps  +  is very very early for the market ,it will need few months of normal game ,then you will see again the common cards for 3bfp.

More Archievements to gain a Booster would be nice tho.

Suggestion:

Finish rPvE Rank 3 = 1 Booster, 6 = 2 Booster, 9 = 3 Booster and 10th give 4 or even 5 Booster (just one time per account).

Finish Mission X in Advanced give 1 Booster (also one time per account).

Finish Mission X in Profi give 2 Booster (also one time per account).

Or if that is possible play with pure nature/fire/frost/shadow deck in rPvE Rank 6 or something.

wertyy and nofearek9 like this

this is really nice idea !!!

the more ranks more boosters!

you dont afraid of double accounts since who will play so many hours with second account in pve.

Edited by nofearek9

19 minutes ago, nofearek9 said:

you dont afraid of double accounts since who will play so many hours with second account in pve.

Yes but then you (not you personally, I'm figuratevly speaking) would farm stuff on your main since you'd get better rewards and send them over to smurfs so it really wouldn't solve anything.

4 hours ago, nofearek9 said:

the prices we all see now in market is because not all players play the game and get bfps  +  is very very early for the market ,it will need few months of normal game ,then you will see again the common cards for 3bfp.

Yes! It makes no sense to think these prices will last. Once everybody got his 5th, 6th, 7th ensnaring roots, they'll be sold cheaper than now....of course it takes more than a few days.

wertyy and nofearek9 like this

Fix prices

If you give the possibility to win only 50BFP a player a day

5 BFP for Common
10 BFP for Unco
50 BFP for Rare
100 BFP for Ultrarare
250 BFP for Promo

So the player can have
10 Common cards per day
or 5 Uncommon cards per day
or 1 Rare card per day
or 1 Ultrarare card per 2 days
or 1 promo card per 5 days

And desactivatation of the BFP donation via trade or mail

Edited by Adagio

That is a much faster rate of progression than intended. A large part of the game is supposed to be playing to acquire the cards that you want for your "dream deck". It is not supposed to fall into your lap after a week or two. Card prices will most likely stabilize after a while, as the steady supply of commons and uncommons will quickly outnumber the rares and ultra rares. Promos are supposed to be the rarest of the rare. You are not all supposed to have a promo in your deck, rather, you should go "whoa!" when seeing a player use one.

wertyy, Nerevar, SunWu II. and 1 other like this

I think the Archievement Solution is the best, as it gives you a one time reward, won't have to put it as I suggested, but some kind like this.

It gives you a nice little start and later on rewards you on more challang stuff like rpve or harder missions.

You can also do this with speedrun.

As long it is all one time per account, well yea, you could create more then 1 account, but you would also have to build up a deck on this to get the higher rewards.

A good anti multi account thing is also like 'play this for X times before you can do anything else' well play the Tutorial for 3 team before can do anything else would be pain for everyone, but I doupt many ppl will take the pain for more then one, or even one extra account.

nofearek9 likes this

I can´t even see close why it should be unfair  you get every day 1 booster were also can be a promo in it whats worth like 4 k  also you can have the 1k cards in like shaman and you get 150 bfp whats alrdy a lot

I finished now my 52 quest and have alrdy over 400 cards in my collection it is not very hard ofc you get not  a everything gifted but thats not the point of battleforge or in this case Skylords

The Case is that you have to wait and you have to think about how you can get the collection

oh and for those now who say i have 400 with doubles nonono i have over 400 unique cards  and its still getting more everyday

Sorry but when it got even more easy to get bfp there will be no long time motivation cause after 3-5 month everyone will have everything and that would mean that the auctionhouse would overflow and everything even juggernauts would only cost 10 bfp

you should be more patient and wait for your dailys and wait for your boosters and not call it unfair ^^ the prices are pretty balanced

As Example

you get everyday 150 bfp + 1 booster ( with booster rates you get at LEAST 150 extra out of it)

so 300 every day that on a week so 300  x 7 =2100 bfp FOR A WEEK :)

Only thing i would like to see is trash cards to gold cause some cards like waystation will not be bought anymore and the copys of it just land again and again in auction house

oh what i forget to mention you get even more then 1 pack cause the archivment quest gives you an additional time by time when you just do your daily and you get 2 boosters on the start so i don´t see even close why you should run out of bfp

Thx for reading :)

PPS : everyone who say the prices are unblanced see it on this way a shaman costs maybe 1k but thats what?  a week ? just do the both dailys without the boosters :'D there is no overprice here like 10 k or something everything is so easy to get when you count the boosters in it  

Overprices would start on 30k + cause that would hard to handle but even that i would understand for a promo normaly but the prices are highly fair for the ammount we get everyday

aoPO4YKjm_480wa_v1.gif

Edited by Amergo

10 hours ago, DragonOfTime said:

You are not all supposed to have a promo in your deck, rather, you should go "whoa!" when seeing a player use one. 

I like that! The amount of promos back then was too damn high. I also like the fact that it could be anyone who gets the first promo; could be the most legendary highrankest BF pro or some total beginner opening his first booster thinking ,,k, this one looks cool...''

wertyy likes this

On 9/25/2018 at 7:05 PM, nofearek9 said:

It's not that much, the whole card pool is not that large, you could attempt to do the first mission to get just that one booster and repeat so you send your main account to sell for BFP.
This is easily abused.

On 9/26/2018 at 1:38 PM, DragonOfTime said:

A large part of the game is supposed to be playing to acquire the cards that you want for your "dream deck". It is not supposed to fall into your lap after a week or two.

Exactly, already had 90% of my battlegrounds dream deck at day 2. Now after 1 week i 100% finished my dreamdeck + charges......

Its waaaaaaaaay too fast, wheres the fun?

On 9/25/2018 at 1:12 PM, fiki574 said:

The process of BFP and progression gain is sped up for Open Stress Test purposes. For later stages, it will be toned down,

Any news yet on how much it will be toned down? i didnt read the whole forums yet.

i would love extremely slow progression.

8 minutes ago, HODOR said:

Exactly, already had 90% of my battlegrounds dream deck at day 2. Now after 1 week i 100% finished my dreamdeck + charges......

Its waaaaaaaaay too fast, wheres the fun?

Any news yet on how much it will be toned down? i didnt read the whole forums yet.

i would love extremely slow progression.

can alrdy tell you that wouldn´t do the trick just cause you get 50 instead of 150 daily you still won´t do slower progress the market would change into that prices that a juggernaut not cost 400 -500 like now he would cost 150-250 

And the Fact why this would be is cause there is no input over Real money every and i mean EVERY Bfp you earn is farmable  and ofc it is fast to finish one deck that was alrdy in original battleforge not that hard   but it should be the goal to get all cards on upgrade lvl 3 with full charges until then you just have a mini goal reached

2dd836f40d6d4a2819ca1a55f7042b5b2e0779c5_00.gif

Edited by Amergo