Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Simigr

Progress rate too slow + other concerns

The progress is very slow

We need more daily  quest.

We can't create decks when we take 225 per day and boost cost is 450

We can't create a deck when  you see t1 and t2 units and spell from 200 to 400 bf per one card

I can't see rare cards with 100 bf and promo with 1150

Kilian Dermoth likes this

personally I find that we win bp points too quickly. originally when we bought the game we had 3000bfpoints and we did with it.
here we win 225bfpoints + 8 cards (resale for about 200bfppoints)
so we earn 400bfpoints per day. personally I will decrease the rewards per day. Finally I thought that the best would be more quests but per week not per day, not to force people to play every day, but when we want, we can play, so that it remains a pleasure.

BurningWorld, Luki, LagOps and 1 other like this

I would also say that we get enough bfp and booster per day.

One of the core gameplay (how i think) is to farm and combine your cards, and this would suck if u get your cards so easy and fast.

I don't want my perfekt deck in like 2 weeks.

In my opinion and majority of the community think that is goes way to fast. For the stress test its optimal beacus we can test out all the cards and maybe find some buggs. But for the real game it should be slowed down, becaus its not like hearthstone where the amount of cards decrease. If there are to fast to many cards the game inflation is to high and the whole trade system is fukked. And also a big part of the game was to creat your deck, farm for it, trade for it. If u get it under 2 weeks that would be shitty as fuck.

Shalade, Japanda, Grillkohle and 1 other like this

Personally I think that the speed now is ok, but as far as I know they plan to slow everything down. And I fear then it will get really tedicious to get some cards...

48 minutes ago, MrBao said:

personally I find that we win bp points too quickly. originally when we bought the game we had 3000bfpoints and we did with it.
so we earn 400bfpoints per day.

No we dont, we earn 225 bfp (not everyone want to sell everything) and as far as I know it will even get further decreased. Also we got 3k BFP thats correct (except if you bought multiple copies), but as far as I remember, the boosters were way cheaper, especially the tomes were cheap compared to now.

Also most people wont have the time to do everyday all quest and some are even not willing to do so (pve player wont do the pvp quest and otherwise)

57 minutes ago, MrBao said:

Finally I thought that the best would be more quests but per week not per day, not to force people to play every day, but when we want, we can play, so that it remains a pleasure.

I think so, too. I hate to be forced to play each day. And I think the game would start to annoy me after some days.

20 minutes ago, Marco3104 said:

In my opinion and majority of the community

In your opinion but stop telling that your opinion is the majority of the community. Maybe it is just the opinion of the majority of the tiny part of the community which is just loud.  The majority of the community didnt say anything about it and many (maybe the minority or even the majority, I dont know as you dont know) think its to slow or at least will be to slow if decreased.

24 minutes ago, Marco3104 said:

the whole trade system is fukked.

So what? Battleforge isnt a trading simulator its just a small part of the game and the least one even. Its more important to discuss how to make the game as much fun for most as possible and not how to protect the least important part of the game.

And talking about the trade system, I think we can see now that its fucked up because of the very opposite reason => to less cards (even after 2? weeks) => unresaonable high prices, you have to grind several days for just one core card...

33 minutes ago, Marco3104 said:

If u get it under 2 weeks that would be shitty as fuck.

So there have past about 2 weeks, with this argumentation there had to be some people with fully upgraded decks that contain all cards of their dream deck. I have met nobody which had even something comparable to that.

Also you had to put everything in just one deck to come even close to the mentioned 2 weeks and grind as much as possible and invest a lot of time trading. Nothing most of the community will do and I even dont have to ask them because most wont have that much time do so. But even then you had just only one deck without the possibility to vary because of missing other cards. Also this is an increased rate, which will get decreased later.

I for myself like to be able to play different decks and exchange the cards and try new strategies so I would like to have a big pool in a reasonable time (months are ok). But at the moment I think it will take me several weeks or months (at decreased rate) to get even enough cards for just one good deck at deacreased rate. Also I had the most fun when I had almost any card (back at EA times).

If we would gain Bfp even slower than we do right now then PvP would basically be dead.

If you want a good competitive fire PvP deck for example you need alot of rare and ultra rare cards.

For PvE on the other hand ist not that important to have rares and ultra rares, even with a very basic deck you can beat most PvE maps.

But if you want to play PvP you have to grind and play PvE for weeks or even months just to get ONE decent deck.

Of course you can just start playing PvP with the starter cards, but then you would lose over and over again to people with upgraded decks

even if youre a better Player. 

Sure at the beginning all players will have bad decks but later on you cant just jump right into PvP, you are basically forced to Play PvE for a long time.

What i always liked about BattleForge is the diversity, there are so many possible deck combinations and strategies.

Ruining the diversity just to prevent or rather slow down the Inflation and force people to grind is a horrible idea,

expecially if you want to get new players into playing BattleForge.

Edited by Fimion
Simigr likes this

15 hours ago, MrBao said:

so we earn 400bfpoints per day. personally I will decrease the rewards per day. Finally I thought that the best would be more quests but per week not per day, not to force people to play every day, but when we want, we can play, so that it remains a pleasure.

true

I hope that progress wont be too fast. The last thing I want is to farm my deck in like 1 month or so... also promo cards should be even "rarer" than it is now. Building a deck, hunting for cards and marketplace plays are also big, BIG part of card games. I want to enjoy it for long time. 

I think gaining BFP and Cards is at the moment to Quick. I startet since the stress test was online, didnt played the first week cause of bugs and now i have an Fire Deck worth >16000 BFP with Promo Juggernaut and Promo Firedancer. And also an Full Bandit and Twilight Deck. 
If you know how to trade an got a bit Lootluck with your Boosters, you have very fast very much BFP. Escpacially if you make every Daily Quest you get a lot of Boosters and BFP.

My main concern actually is having server stability. I started to play 2 weeks ago because at this moment server was more stable. Its hard to enter a map with lot peoples in ( 4 and more ). I lost connection to the server 10 second before the map ended in bad harvest and my friend lost connection too in the same map but a different day. So having alot card or not if the game keep crashing there is no fun. I'm from canada and if I understand server are european. So actually what keep me away from progressing into the game is the lost connection to the server and not how much card I have every day. But I want to say a big thank to dev to bring back this awesome game that EA games should never abandonned, its unique and nothing like this game exist.

From my 2 weeks of play in regard of BF points and card ratio per day I don't feel having too much. Today I have 3 quests ( 1 booster and 150 BF ) its not always 225 BF.  Even, I think we get too much BF. BF is what I use to buy what I really need to progress since booster is total luck. 

I know super low priority, just theorycrafting. i wanna add ,everybody talk about bfp progress. what about xp and gold. if u not extremly efficiant farm u get levels verry slow and u need for upgrade. what is mounty without shild or bloodhorn without stampede. so u must first play 1 month with low cards then u can play the real deal. similar with gold. just add some gold and xp by 30 %. or delete

uprade level requirements and upgrade gold costs.

Kind Regards

On 9/23/2018 at 10:03 PM, Fimion said:

Ruining the diversity just to prevent or rather slow down the Inflation and force people to grind is a horrible idea,

expecially if you want to get new players into playing BattleForge.

Getting most of the cards we want in like 3 weeks is even worse. Game would get stale and boring so fast.

Shalade likes this

2 hours ago, Nicolaos said:

Getting most of the cards we want in like 3 weeks is even worse. Game would get stale and boring so fast.

If BattleForge gets boring for you just because you have all cards then its not the right game for you anyway.

There are so many things that you can do, like doing speedruns with many different decks or playing 4 Player RPvE

maps with just 2 players and of course PvP. BattleForge never gets boring if you have all cards because the things you can do

are basically endless.

Slow progress and forcing people to grind is what makes this game boring in my opinion.

Edited by Fimion

Personally I liked the "Farm" part of the game the most. Card games are also about collecting ur decks, BF would be missing that big part of gameplay if everyone would instantly unlocks most of the cards, AH becomes useless etc. You cant say that "If BattleForge gets boring for you just because you have all cards then its not the right game for you anyway." coz not everyone like ur point of view (same as mine as u see). There should be solid way to make it interesting for both type of players.

Shalade likes this

For me its too slow.

I now played like 50-60 games all with the same deck. And to get a new deck it will take like a month or more.

I mean I had all the cards before, and I was kind of starting to get bored back then, because I had played everything, and now to play one deck over and over...

Mostly what is discouraging for me is that, there is no income after each game. You play one game get the booster, maybe 2 to achieve a quest, and then i would be the best to wait for the next day. If you keep on playing it will only get more boring because you cant acieve more and it stays the same.

Kilian Dermoth likes this

9 hours ago, Buddelmuddel said:

For me its too slow.

I now played like 50-60 games all with the same deck. And to get a new deck it will take like a month or more.

I mean I had all the cards before, and I was kind of starting to get bored back then, because I had played everything, and now to play one deck over and over...

Mostly what is discouraging for me is that, there is no income after each game. You play one game get the booster, maybe 2 to achieve a quest, and then i would be the best to wait for the next day. If you keep on playing it will only get more boring because you cant acieve more and it stays the same.

While I don't find it too slow at all, I do agree that the daily rewards are too front-loaded: EXTREME rewards for playing 15 minutes, big rewards for playing 60-90 minutes, and no rewards (at least in cards/bfp) for playing after that.

I'm hoping that the final rewards system levels this off a bit (not entirely, just less extreme than current). Especially for people like me who would rather have a long session 2-3 times per week than a brief daily game or two.

11 hours ago, Nahath said:

While I don't find it too slow at all, I do agree that the daily rewards are too front-loaded: EXTREME rewards for playing 15 minutes, big rewards for playing 60-90 minutes, and no rewards (at least in cards/bfp) for playing after that.

I'm hoping that the final rewards system levels this off a bit (not entirely, just less extreme than current). Especially for people like me who would rather have a long session 2-3 times per week than a brief daily game or two.

We just introduced quests/achievements system month and something ago. Give us time, of course it won't stay like this until end, much more and different is planned.

16 hours ago, fiki574 said:

We just introduced quests/achievements system month and something ago. Give us time, of course it won't stay like this until end, much more and different is planned.

Awesome. That's good to know. Thanks for taking the time to comment.