Could not start the launcher process

d4v0

• SEVERITY: Blocker
  • REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
  • DESCRIPTION: The game used to work fine but now whenever I try to launch it I get the message "Could not start the launcher process. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." This happened once before and I replaced the updater files again and it worked but now even that does not help.
  • SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: https://imgur.com/SsBb8uU
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I tried pretty much everything I could think of and nothing is working. Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Edited by d4v0

I'm having the exact same issue. I tried opening UAC then opening the updater and i get the same error message. I've already disabled security, redownloaded everything, ran as administrator, checked all my files. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

So it is back again for me. Getting the same message even after opening UAC. Yeah I don't know what else to do I would just say keep replacing the updater files or running the UAC it probably will eventually work. I am going to do that.

It also looks like this happens every time there is an update.

I have downloaded the game files and the updater/launcher today, and I get the exact same message when trying to press "play" in the launcher menu:

"Could not start the launcher process. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

I have tried all mentioned fixes in the "Need Help?"-thread, but nothing seems to work... repeatedly replacing the updater files or running the UAC has not worked once for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use