Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Arsham

please PLEASE! offline mod! online is too unstable!

Hi!

Thanks for all ur efforts to bring this back to us, this made 50% of my dream come true but the other 50% is being able to play offline vs AI!

Currently online game is WAY unstable! i keep getting disconnected! a simple spike of lag can disconnect me, even when i play campaign alone there is always chance for me to get disconnected which ruin all my progress and my mood!

i dont understand whats holding u guys from making an offline mod for playing solo, isnt this project free now? isnt providing a good server expensive and costy? by an offline mod u can reduce the burden on ur servers so ppl like me who spend most of their time vs AI wont put pressure on online server! also offline mod will give us a shelter if EA shutdown this servers, beside i dont wana get through all this trouble of going online and staying online when i just want to play solo! if this game wasnt free and was still operating by owner company, i would understand the no offline play and beneficial problems...

Right now this game is like a beautiful dream turning to nightmare!.... its right there but instead of enjoyment im getting crazy with this disconnects.

please... offline mod...

Edited by Arsham

You should remember this is an Open Stress Test. The server are slowly improving and we are part of it to make clear what the Server can handle, what bugs there are etc. If you want an Stable Experience without DC´s you should wait for the Open Beta. Or wait until the Beta is open for 1-2 Months. then should most bugs be fixed.

But an Offline Mod wont be possible, the whole game is Server Based. I dont know if its right but, if you summon for example Windweavers, your Client send the information, "windweavers spawn" to the server, this respond and spawns them. All information for the weavers are on the Server like HP, DMG and special ability. Not on your computer. (This is how i understand at so hopefully its not totally wrong).

Best Regards :)

Offline would be more work for them as online ...alone cause you haven´t Ai bots in Battleforge and programm and bug free bot who can play with you 2 player maps etc is for such a little team not possible also you would not have the card trade feature and so you would have all cards what would make this game pretty fast pretty boring and the third point is that quests also bases on pvp so you´re idea may seems like a good idea on the first look but as a programmers view it is much more harder then let it online on a server

GiftedAmbitiousAztecant-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Amergo

@nerevar

i made a new one for 2 reason 1.not necro the old one 2.its new experience after online test

@soldierbf

MANY online games out there can be played offline with server simulators, such as wow offline server emulators not to mention skylord team have all files on their hand

@amergo

ai bots are not needed the campaign alone are enough for offline, as i said offline should be a feature for solo able mods, not a whole complete new gameplay with AI bots

not as much work AND COST as stabling free servers for thousand of players! since they have all game server files in their hand its much easier to make an offline server simulator which can be easily executed by single exe.

@wertyy

difficulty can be easily reduced by little tweaking in campaign data for offline, for example: in 3player maps give x3 resource and income to player, and when u have all cards it will be much easier.

also i would like to repeat and press the fact that EA cannot be trusted and there is a always the chance that they will shutdown this project as long as they own the battleforge rights.

Edited by Arsham

30 minutes ago, Arsham said:

[...] reason 1.not necro the old one

Remarkable! Wish all would think that way.

If the 4 previous threads didn't lead to an answer like "Yeah, we will create an offline version for all of you!", then there might be a reason for it ...

Did you watch the last Q&A that @InsaneHawk did on tuesday? He was talking about this topic aswell and iirc, he mentioned that it was part of the deal to never release the server code/files. Pretty sure I heard the word "NEVER" several times while he was talking about it ... or maybe he failed at the attempt of calling my name - who knows :kappa:
I admit that I don't want to search the whole video for that specific part. You can listen to it yourself if you're intrested in a few more details.

Edited by Nerevar
added embeded vid

there is no need to share server FILES! they can easily lock it and make the emulator execute able by an exe! there is no need for open source sharing.

this guys already have done more than enough for us and im very grateful, but not adding offline play is more of a choice of service instead of not being possible..

2 hours ago, Arsham said:

there is no need to share server FILES! they can easily lock it and make the emulator execute able by an exe! there is no need for open source sharing.

this guys already have done more than enough for us and im very grateful, but not adding offline play is more of a choice of service instead of not being possible..

There is also no need for an offline Version of the Game at the actual State. Its ok that you would like to have it. But if they do not make one, so be it. They wont work on anything beside bringing the Servers to a stable State. At least thats what i assume. 

GenetixX likes this

37 minutes ago, codymaik said:

Another question at this point.

Are the server(s) just unstable or are there just not enough servers for the amount of players? 

The servers software is unstable, the hardware is fine. The devs are working very hard to fix the software. Adding more or bigger servers would not help.