Cannot move BF Updater file to BF folder

Kargoth

This came up a few days ago after playing a game of BF.  My Skylordsrebornupdater file dissapeared.  I deleted all files all folders.  I created a new folder on desktop, redownloaded the game and when i try to move the Skylordsrebornupdater file to the BF folder i keep getting an error message that "you'll need to provide administrator permission to move to this folder"  All permissions have been granted.  After i attempt to move the file or unpack the file using winzip to BF, the origin folder becomes read only.  I deactivte readonly.  i try to move it.  it changes back to read only.

Help!  Using Win10

It seems like a known issue for user who upgraded to Win10 instead of doing a clean installation. And Folder seem to get picked randomly.

Did you try everything that is being said in this answer:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/document-folders-marked-read-only-after-upgrade-to/4f00d3fe-82b0-4e6d-a92a-f81751aa6f51?auth=1 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use