Introduce Yourself!

MrXLink

Hey, I'm 26 years old and from Germany.

It is great to see that there is a new effort to try and reactivate one of my favourite games in the past.

I played a shitload of Battleforge and was actually kind of good at it (at least, thats what I wanted to be), so I'm incredibly hyped for this project! 

Is there anyway to donate to the project? I would love to support you guys in any way possible!

Cheers,

DevastetedMind

Edited by DevastatedMind

1 hour ago, DevastatedMind said:

Hey, I'm 26 years old and from Germany.

It is great to see that there is a new effort to try and reactivate one of my favourite games in the past.

I played a shitload of Battleforge and was actually kind of good at it (at least, thats what I wanted to be), so I'm incredibly hyped for this project! 

Is there anyway to donate to the project? I would love to support you guys in any way possible!

Cheers,

DevastetedMind

Hi! Good to have you here. I suggest you read the FAQ - HERE. You will find that donations are disabled now, but should come back on soon :) 

See you around and looking forward to playing with you soon! 

• Ultrakool pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

Hum... Forgot to introduce myself here.

So here who I am : A 25 years old Canadian player of many games. I play more often to enjoy my games than to challenge myself. I help with grand happiness the others. My only problem here is than I am not that much into forums. I prefer so much the discord than the forum. Mostly cause I am not used to them. At least, I am used to Discord.

Anyway... To describe me even further, I am a guy which LOVE this game. Even love isn't enough to describe what I feel for the game. I took a long break. I was even into the closed beta tester. Unfortunately, I didn't passed the alpha, but it won't let me down for this magnificent game than is BattleForge. I even think than I will try my best to help the community at start of now. Maybe not that much about the forum... But I will be there, I hope, when it will count. 

Ah a last thing : I have some... Particularities. They aren't that bad. As proof, I can write this text. However, because of these, I can have more difficulties to play than other. These "Handicap" won't stop me though. It isn't because I never won an online tournament on my life than I should stop!

• 1 month later...

Hey :) I'm 26 and from Germany. I used to Play Battleforge back when it released and spent hundreds of Hours (and Euros I guess lol) with it. I mostly played with 3 mates of which 2 are now also active again (we are desperatly trying to get the 3rd back too).

Started playing again with the Stress Test but not that Long tbh because I knew there would be a wipe (which is understandable ofc). But now that the game is fully released im back again and I love it. I really like the new System of getting BFP.

Planning on donating some soon, this Project really deserves it. See you in the forge!

Hello Guys,

My Name is Shalltear and i'm completly new to this Game. I'm from Germany or on the original "The Great Tomb of Nazarick". I just want to meet new Player's in this Game and i hope i will ! :)

Wish you all a good day and let's rock this Server ! :D 

• 5 months later...

Hello. Im Josip Jaric, now 29 yr old. I work as a police officer now and im a dad. Its been a long time since Ive played this game. Dont even remember my account name, but I used to trade a lot + made a few giveaways. Cant really remember but I think ive won the community challenge organized by Sparrow... Soultree expert, longest run.. Some over 10 hrs.. Well, glad to be back.. Grind all over again 😢😢😢

Edited by Arianashal
Mistake
Majora likes this

• 1 month later...

I've been following this project for a long time, but just now decided to jump in for serious.

It's such a shame original game got shut down. I've sink so much (and money) time into that. What a great and fun general design! Shame on you, EA!

Thanks Dev team for all that work. Played a bit and it feels like the same thing!

5 hours ago, Streamdream said:

Hi from the UK everyone, Im back, I played this back in the day and bought it for me and my 2 sons they where 10 and 11 back then and loved it like me, now we have all signed up, all a bit older lol, but going to enjoy beating the kids again, Thank you

Glad to have you back! Enjoy 🙂 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I only just found out this game is back!

It was my favourite online game and I had spent so much money on it before EA cancelled it.

I used to rock an Ice / Nature deck, guess its time to start over tomorrow since its late now.

I decided to search for Battleforge out of interest while reading yet more news of EA trying to buy out other game studios, thats how I discovered its back.

WatcherOfSky, Dallarian and Dutchy like this

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ClarenceClarenceClarence said:

Hey This is Clarence from Germany,

man i can't tell how happy I am to just stumble across this! I was at Games Com as this gem of a game was announced and playable at the time. This is amazing! I can'T wait to test it after the work day.

Best Regards

Welcome back! 😄 Would love to hear your thoughts

Deadman likes this

• 2 months later...

Hey folks,

Henpara from Germany here.

I played BattleForge under the same name at the 2009-2013 era, but only casually. Recently while searching old backup files I stumbled over my old "battleforge.ods" where I stored my bought and sold cards. I thought well lets see if anyone has done something with this game so that it is playable again and here I am now, happily trying out the game again.

Now, with familiy, I will also play the game very casually and I already found some help in the forum section for beginners "cheap starter deck" where I managed to beat rPVE Level 5 for the daily quest.

Sadly some of the higher player number maps I have not seen being played just so, but I guess I need to be more active in the LFG department 😉

Big thanks to all the people that made this "relaunch" possible!!! You did a damn well job!

Peace and out

Metagross31, Majora and Lans like this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello! I am Visi! A newcomer! Already downloading the game to play with my brother but haven`t tried it  I love forums so I guess I will be active here. Good to meet the bunch, and the forum seems legit. Also I work on Photoshop, if anyone needs a graphic done, hit me up.

• 6 months later...

Hey All,

My name is Bart but I used to be known as Dragox in BF. Glad I could pick that name up again 😉

Played BF since the beta and LOVED it. One of the most fun games to this day.

I used to play PVE all the time (not a big PVE player). Think I spend about 500-1.000 euro on cards to get them all, just because I wanted to do levels again and again with different decks.

Favourite cards was prob all the dragons. Because, well they are awesome.

Hated mostly the engineer that could repair buildings, because you couldn't let him stay on 1 building and he kept walking away on certian levels, haha.

I liked the map the most where there would be major spams that you could kill 2/3 times if you hit a certain object. Then by the time the wave would hit that you couldn't wipe out anymore I would have such a massive dragon army that you could just fly around and kill all the cristals.

Still can't believe this project is already 2 years in the working and I have never seen or heard about it.

I am going to install the game right now and start playing again.

Hope it's a lot less buggy then it used to be 🙂

Also used to be very active on the forum, maybe there are still some old players around?

If it pans out and the game is still epic, I'd love to contribute in some way.

But let's start with playing a couple of hours 😉

Edited by DragoX
DefAnske and Majora like this

38 minutes ago, DragoX said:

Hope it's a lot less buggy then it used to be 🙂

As someone who also played the game since beta of EA times I can assure you that it is! 🙂

And yes, there are definitly other old players around from back in the days, always nice to see old players return.

Welcome back and see you in the forge!

5 hours ago, DragoX said:

Also used to be very active on the forum, maybe there are still some old players around?

Welcome mate!

If you are looking for more community probably check out the discord server as it is usually very active

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody.

My name is Steven and I am from Norway. Born and raised by my dad, from India and mom from Norway(Bergen.) I am an active pc gamer, who has loved gaming since 2002. I enjoy playing most games, but multiplayer once are my favorite.

I have a hectic real life with work and two kids, wife, cat and a dog so gaming is my escape :p.

I enjoy getting to know new people that are friendly and funny, I tend to stray away from loudmouths and rude people.
I'm new to the game, but I hope I can drag my partner and another friend into joining too.

See you all in Skylords!

GGC_Mouse.png

Majora likes this

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone, 

I am from the Czech Republic and just found out about the Skylords project. Super pumped that one my favourite games got this kind of care and still lives on. I am looking forward to play the game. I am going through the newcomer guides but I was wondering about the learning curve for PvP. I imagine lots of you have many hours in the game and would beat me immediately. Should I even bother trying PvP?

Thanks!

Metagross31 likes this

• 2 months later...