Introduce Yourself!

MrXLink

Hi,

i am Seemkill, 17 years old and from Germany.

I started playing Battleforge through my older brother (we shared the account) and it was one of my favourite games i have ever played. I mostly played PvE with a nature-ice-deck.

Normally i use the nickname "Herr Der Tiefe" ("Fathom Lord" in English) in other games/forums since Battleforge was closed, because it was one of my favourite cards and i just like the name at all, but now in Bfr i would like to return to my original Battleforge name. 

At the moment i don't play very much, just a little bit Fifa 16 and Skyrim, but when the open Beta begins i will invest much more time in gaming i guess. :)

I would like to thank everybody who participates in the return of Battleforge and i am really looking forward to the open Beta!

Hello everyone, previous BF beta player here.

Don't have much to say, I joined this coomunity a while back and only now posted because i just saw the stream, and realized just how much I miss this game.
To non gamers, missing something as "stupid" as a game may seem weird, but I hope you people share the feeling of excitement with me.
Really glad to see the community here and can't wait to play this :)

After getting Informed that this kinda Thread allready exists im gonna post some stuff about me here ;)

I am basicly new to the Community but not new to the Game as back in the Day i mostly did Speedruns with a couple of Friends and never really went to the Forum.

Name: Nicolas (call me OXY though as i hate my name in English xD)

Occupation: Currently learning to become a Surveyor with school on the Side

Hobbies: Streetart/Drawing/Editing existing Stuff/Manga, Urbex, Producing Beats, Gaming obviously (CoD Bo 1-3 Zombies Mode, Vindictus, CS:GO) xD

Other Interests: Art, Music, Space, Anime/Manga, Japanese culture, BMX, Technology

BR, OXY

Edited by OXYKNG

Hi, 

I am Smire, 24, Germany. I used to play BF from beta until the end (with some pauses). Mainly PvP, some PvE as well. I don't remember everything but I remember being about rank 100 at the end - no idea how good or bad that is since I have no idea how many people actively played when the game was shut down :D

I am absolutely hyped... I check the forum for exciting news every day - not sure what I am expecting - but hope dies last :D

See you on the battlefield!

Hi I am Einarson from Germany.

I liked this game a lot and I am very happy it will be back again. I often share news about bfr on Facebook and hope to infect some more ppl.

Maybe some remember me, I was in the top 100 of pvp ranking and had a lot of fun There. 

Hope to challenge you again soon. ;)

Hey Guys, i am Anske from Germany too!

I really loved this game, the challenge of beating PvE maps with different tactics, me for myself took the challenge to beat every map on expert with pure fire, all the 2 and some of the 4 player maps solo (like KotG, Dwarfen Riddle).

In PvP my best Solo Ranking was like 160 (didnt play a lot of 1o1), but in 2o2 i reached 2nd place with xxstealthxx aka iboogey aka etc... 

Maybe some of you will remember me, I really hope so ;)

I am really exited to play BF again, and I thank everyone who works on it, you do great and I love you guys!

I am playing a lot of LoL atm, so if someone of my old mates recognise me, just add "Anske"  and we will get in contact again :D 

Hope to meet some of you again, and join you in the Forge some day!

Only the best,

Anske

Hi, I have completely forgotten to properly introduce myself, after being a member of this forum for months.

I'm from Thailand, 19 years old. Currently majoring in music composition and minoring in violin (violin used to be my major).

This game is definitely one of the best game I've every get my hands on. I've met a person whom I am very honoured to call him friend. He changed my life in a dramatic way, and I, his. But that's not the only reason, though. The story, the gameplay, the OSTs, ohhhh man, I'm already excited recalling these memories. Anyway, thank you, devs, for all the hard work you put in this for the community.

Regards

Khong

Hi! You can call me Alek!
I come from Serbia, I am 17 years old :)
I go to a high school at the time, a gymnasium type in which i attend the scientific educational track.. 
I also went to music school playing the piano, and i actively compose orchestral music just for fun and pleasure! ^_^
(One of them was spooky and composed for the competition itself last week to suit the games theme) 
Besides the music, I absolutely love art and I draw mostly using pencils, but i can do watercolor as well..I love drawing animals in particular :) :kiwi:
I am really passionate about science! My favorite subjects are Biology and Chemistry where I've competed multiple times and won a few national competitions over the years! :viridya:
I LOVE ANIMALS! Nature is one of my favorite things and exploring how it works makes me really satisfied! (Hence the nature and the frost decks collide for the number one spot in my head!  :natureorb:vs:frostorb: )
I have a loving companion (as you can see in my profile picture). She is a bearded dragon, A DRAGON (Yes I'm looking at you @MrXLink ). Her name is Leona and she is my BAE! :dragon: :mrxlink:
I play video games with my brother (even though we fight from time to time). We used to play Battleforge a long time ago, and as i was like 10 or 11 at the time, i cant really remember...
But Battleforge definitely stayed in our hearts until this day, and I am really excited it has come back after all these years! :bf:
Besides Battleforge, I also play League of Legends (EUNE), World of Warcraft on a few private servers (Cata, Pandaria, Draenor..), Spiral Knights, Champions Online, Minecraft...
(And Battleforge, very soon, since i won the beta access via the competition <3:')
So that's about it! I doubt anyone would even read it all, but if you do, thank you very much!

See you at the forge, fellow Skylords! <3<3<3 

Edited by Aleksay

My name would have to be Eowyn Cloud if everything's correct :3

I was born and still live in Belgium. The Northern part that speaks Dutch ;) 

Strangely enough I also happen to live ON the border with The Netherlands, and I'm also half Netherlands, so you could say I am the perfect crossblooded Dutchman :P 

Last time I remember playing BF would have to be about..... 2-3 years before the closing of the game? I do remember that this was one of the few EA games I dare admit that I loved. The other 2 being Mass Effect (which is technically Bioware, but EA fucked up the 3rd one) and Battlefield Heroes (Fuck you for taking this one down as well EA, never shall thee be forgiven for thine sins!)

With the exception of the above games I actually play quite a lot of them. Skyrim, Dark Souls and other RPG's are probably my favortie genre in games. But then again, I also enjoy a good bit of FPS, MOBA and loads and loads more. 

Ironically enough I actually generally dislike RTS and strategy games. Battleforge was the only strategic game I ever enjoyed playing on a daily base :P 

That should sum it up nicely :3 feel free to add me on Steam or any other platform you want (if you search for Eowyn Cloud you should find me on most of them :3)

On 18.9.2016 at 3:20 AM, DefAnske said:

Hey Guys, i am Anske from Germany too!

I really loved this game, the challenge of beating PvE maps with different tactics, me for myself took the challenge to beat every map on expert with pure fire, all the 2 and some of the 4 player maps solo (like KotG, Dwarfen Riddle).

In PvP my best Solo Ranking was like 160 (didnt play a lot of 1o1), but in 2o2 i reached 2nd place with xxstealthxx aka iboogey aka etc... 

Maybe some of you will remember me, I really hope so ;)

I am really exited to play BF again, and I thank everyone who works on it, you do great and I love you guys!

I am playing a lot of LoL atm, so if someone of my old mates recognise me, just add "Anske"  and we will get in contact again :D 

Hope to meet some of you again, and join you in the Forge some day!

Only the best,

Anske

Welcome back mate ;)

Hello Everyone,

I'm Tam from Germany (quite a lot people seem to come from germany judging from the last side in this thread)

I have not played much BattleForge in the past.

Only once when visiting the electronics store they had a machine set up running the game and I tried it out for a while. After playing I was determined to purchase the game but I found out fast that not only was it buy to play (which I find good in general) it also had real money purchases (the points) and both combined is an absolute disgusting business model... so I decided not to buy it in the end (with some regret as it seemed to be a really good game). Sadly I also didn't find out about the game going free to play after a while so I missed this chance to play it as well...

Now that I have heard you are setting up a new game I'm pretty exited for trying it out.

Best regards

Tam

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm new around here, have been lurking and watching the streams Mrxlink and Kiw3h have been making with dedication, or at least the replays of them, darn work!

I played BF from the open beta for a year or two continuously and then on and off for a while afterwards, but only realised it was shut down in 2014 when I felt nostalgic and went to play again. Sad times. So I'm very grateful to all the people putting their time and effort into reviving such a unique classic!

I'm 34 and from the UK, never really got involved with the original community outside of the game but with BFR probably being a bit closer it would be nice to change that here so I'll be lurking, sticking my 2p in occasionally, and waiting patiently to see you all in game!

Hi i'm Fauchderial from Canada.

I played BattleForge long times before and i'm happy today to see a new community growing and back ;).

A day when i knew battleforge was closed i reinstalled the game with this cd.

IMG_1798.JPG.59ad0032e36444d04df63fd4868

trying to reconnect but it doesn't work xD.

Sincerly, Fauchderial

Edited by Fauchderial

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, guys and gals!

My name is Plamen from Bulgaria and I am 28 years old.

I was a casual player - no high ranking, but I loved the game. Brought a whole bunch of my friends into it, back in the days.

I have a M.D. in Software Engineering and I work as a 'Web Applications Architect and Developer' in a lot of languages and platforms ( I enjoy working on the back-end :) ).

I've been around for an year, read a lot of topics, but stayed passive.

My favourite card is this one.

As most of you - I can't wait to meet you all in the Forge!

Edited by Fotti

14 minutes ago, Fotti said:

Hello, guys and gals!

My name is Plamen from Bulgaria and I am 28 years old.

I was a casual player - no high ranking, but I loved the game. Brought a whole bunch of my friends into it, back in the days.

I have a M.D. in Software Engineering and I work as a 'Web Applications Architect and Developer' in a lot of languages and platforms ( I enjoy working on the back-end :) ).

I've been around for an year, read a lot of topics, but stayed passive.

My favourite card is this one.

As most of you - I can't wait to meet you all in the Forge!

May I ask what made you wanna become active? Anyways Welcome to the Forums :) 

1 minute ago, Ultrakool said:

May I ask what made you wanna become active? Anyways Welcome to the Forums :) 

Thank you for the welcome and for asking.

Well mainly because I have more spare time now. I can read all topic posts without a rush, give it some thought and maybe share mine.
Also I get to know better community members (as much as I can do that in a forum) and that makes me feel more open to it.

Hey, I'm Artur aka mudavunts(translates roughly to mudmoustache), a 22 yo. chef from Estonia(most of you don't know where that is tho :D)

Have been gaming since I was probably 6 so it's about 16 years now.

Have been in tons of guilds in various games also leader, vice and div leader in some.

Inbetween of gaming and working I spend some time in gym and also gather with friends to play tabletop games or cards xD

Just got a new pc and am hyped over the good old BF!

Edited by mudavunts

Yoo I am RainZy however you can all call me Justin!

I  am an 18 year old lad who stumbled on this community, I guess you could say I am one of the OG players of BF when it first came out, played that game for years and seeing this community for the first time almost makes me shed a happy manly tear ;). I honestly cannot believe what I have stumbled onto, I only googled Battleforge to bring back some good old memories of when I use to play but I never expected to find THIS! It is honestly a pleasure being here with all of you bringing back something I assume most of us played since we were very young.

PS: I own a 2million youtube channel although its not related to games XD thought id put that out there