Introduce Yourself!

MrXLink

Greetings Skylords,

I'm Riviute, 24 years old, living in germany and im an industrial mechanic. I started with battleforge just days after it became free to play, started together with my best friend, but we were never really good, either in pvp or in pve expert maps, the most of the time we played advanced or easy missions. I helped new people out with the first missions and gave away some common cards so they had a better start in the game cause people also helped me there.

My ingame name there was Demonjho

And... the Mauler by the way, strongest card ever :D

Edited by Riviute

14 hours ago, Riviute said:

Greetings Skylords,

I'm Riviute, 24 years old, living in germany and im an industrial mechanic. I started with battleforge just days after it became free to play, started together with my best friend, but we were never really good, either in pvp or in pve expert maps, the most of the time we played advanced or easy missions. I helped new people out with the first missions and gave away some common cards so they had a better start in the game cause people also helped me there.

My ingame name there was Demonjho

And... the Mauler by the way, strongest card ever :D

Hi again ^^

Hello everyone

I'm Zaagsel, 15 years old from Bulgaria,Varna. I started playing Battleforge as my first MMO game and i enjoyed it very very much.I liked to help new people then my best friend got into it and we started playing together.I was really lucky and got 2 Mos from the Christmas free packs and gave the second to him.All and all we weren't that good but we really enjoyed the game and we met some new friends.

Also i was playing Shadow/Frost deck and my friend Nature/Fire so we were pretty balanced together. :D

Hi everyone!

I played Battleforge aaaages ago (can´t even remember most of the cards properly).

I played mainly PVP (reached number one rank when i was most active), but most likely always ranked in the top 20, due to lack of time etc. (I still know a lot of the people in here though).

Would love to see the game running again

Hello everyone! It is great to see so many old and new faces in this forum!

My nickname is Tofu, I used to be very active in the old forums where i stood by the name TouchiHakufu. I am from Portugal, and played Battleforge since very early on (probably first week after launch). If for nothing else, many will remember me for my habit of writing long walls of text like this post which will inevitably become one in the span of the next two minutes of typing.

I am the guy who prophecized UrBestFriend becoming a moderator. I am the guy who prophecized MrX becoming a moderator. I was active in the map creation subforums (in spite of how very little activity it had) as an enthusiastic tester and was always proactive in helping people learn how to manually install player made custom maps from the forum attachments map creators posted.

I only started being active in the forums many months after release when some computer error with Direct X 9 stopped me from being able to launch Battleforge. I registered in the forums and made a thread detailing my problem, which a few other people also shared with me. My first thread was actually the thread where Ptolemyll made his first post (we registered in the same day). His name unlike mine might ring a bell for the more PVP oriented players here. I played with him from time to time but as terrible as I was (and am! maybe) at RTS games I didnt get anywhere in PVP. I loved the game though.

I was also very active in the OffTopic forum in the English section and would often meddle when non-english speakers happened upon the forum speaking portuguese asking for informations or requesting assistance. I translated wherever I was useful.

I am 23 atm, and am hoping to become a civil engineer someday. I hope we get along well everyone!

Zmaxter likes this

Hoi, I'm Dan and my favourite animals are sharks, cats and dragons.

Early in 2010 a friend got me into BF and I made a few good friends in the game. Seeing about this project a few months ago got me really excited, now I've decided to finally sign up because of the closed beta contest. That said I'm very grateful for everyone who is helping to bring this game back and I'm looking forward to playing again!

I spend most of my time drawing and yelling about it on twitter or I binge watch too many series and movies. Mostly I'm really boring though. 

Shadow / Nature

While waiting for BFR to be finished you should watch nbc's Hannibal! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo all, Im from Italy, i still got the game folder & screenshot, when i saw this community i couldnt not join.

Let this game Reborn!!! (Will be difficult to make updates but who care xD)

I had most of ultra-rare, i continued to have fun, it wasnt boring even without changes, decks had so many possibilities. (i had not the BestTop decks yet)

THIS game was GREAT, all of you are making a good work, i'll probably check if i can help in Dev since im studying comp. science.

On 7/3/2016 at 9:39 PM, k4t490 said:

Hallo all, Im from Italy, i still got the game folder & screenshot, when i saw this community i couldnt not join.

Let this game Reborn!!! (Will be difficult to make updates but who care xD)

I had most of ultra-rare, i continued to have fun, it wasnt boring even without changes, decks had so many possibilities. (i had not the BestTop decks yet)

THIS game was GREAT, all of you are making a good work, i'll probably check if i can help in Dev since im studying comp. science.

Welcome :) 

Hi guys. Im member of the forums for a quite a while btu i havent introduce myself.
 So im Dzodin I was twilight player but not how you think i had one fire unit for example and all others were twilight

And Battleforge was the only online game I played with my dad and we both loved it.

Good luck to all of you!

Edited by Dzodin

Hey everyone.

I'm Erik and i'm a 26 years old screendweller.
I started playing battleforge back sometime mid-late 2009(if i remember correctly) togther with a friend. I still have the old game installed on my laptop just for nostalgias sake.
I played mostly pure fire in PvP, but I was way more active in PvE campaign maps, I really love those maps. I used to switch back and forth between battleforge and wc3 battlenet back in those days.

Now im just mostly playing whatever I can get my hands on (lately a lot of Total war: warhammer) or reading a ton of webnovels.
I am also really jealous of anyone ever being able to draw, program or able to confidently join the beta contests but i'd still wish everyone doing it good luck.

My nickname on this forum is also the nickname im using everywhere else(except on pokemon GO someone seems to have stolen it)
I've been patiently lurking on this forum since I found it last year, and i'm really enjoying watching all the Battleforge videos posted on YT, they really keeps the :hypetrain: going.

I'm Bio (nicReaper)! That's all you need to know to understand my awesomeness! (I was a noob in pvp, and when I became good, EA shutted BF down :'(. I bet EA shut down the game because she saw my potential and was afraid of my growing power :D )

Please call me Bio or Bionic. I absolutely hate it when peepz call meh Reaper. At least call me BionicReaper :D.

I am a completely pure Shadow lover :3.

I also play Minecraft, Dota 2, Ark Survival Evolved mostly. Well the trash can is ready for when we get Battleforge back!

Edit: I edited the above :D

Edited by BionicReaper

Hi!

My name is Benjamin, I am from Austria (the one without the kangaroos :D)

Battleforge was the first Game I ever played and after a long time experiencing some other games, I got back to Battleforge and started playing some PvP. I dont remember my ranks but I think in PvE something diamond and PvP silver..

I was very sad when I got the message that Battleforge will be closed, and since then I was looking for a remake, but nothing happened, and then, BFReborn :D

Then I was very happy that there is a development part in the contest, and I started planning an Android Card app

I hope we can play Battleforge again soon :hype:

-bergerb

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/06/2015 at 3:09 AM, MrXLink said:

Hey, thanks and welcome! 

I know a Portuguese BF player, he was quite well-known back in the days... He's TouchiHakafu, but he's quite absent recently. Maybe he'll get on here too! :)

I'm also portuguese and I was a good friend of TouchiHakafu, I had no idea he was portuguese though.

Either way, I'm 20 y/o and I played Battleforge for around 3 years under the alias "Zown", If I'm not mistaken. I think I had a rageclaw as my icon, if it helps.
I had decks of all colors, but mainly ran nature and had accumulated quite the collection, from way back when we didn't even get a point a day and shamans were over 100 points instead of 60.

I still hate EA with all my might for having purged such a wonderful game and community after all the hours and dedication we put into that game. 

Can't wait until I get to screw around the forge uselessly for hours at a time again.

Hi All! My IGN is Ferevus and i'm 22 years old.

Currently a PhD student in Biology. 

I've been a dweller on this forum for roughly a year now although i'm perhaps one of the individuals that posts the least? :) 

I've played BF since May of the year it launched (whenever that was)... loved playing PvP with some of the "cheaper cards" to show new players what could be done without the really expensive mid/late game.. you'd be surprised how well they fared. 

public void Introduction(User user)
{
  user.Name = "Null Omnipresence";
  user.From = "C#";
  user.Job = "Full-time monitoring";
  user.Languages = new List<string>()
  {
      "Engrish",
      "AlterScript",
      "C#"
  };

user.Master = "Lord NullPointer"

user.Purpose = @"
      Purge the world from stupid questions. 
      Support my quest by shaming all those that don't read the FAQ.
  ";

user.Presence = new List<string>()
  {
      "BFRForum",
      "BFRDiscord"
  };
}

Edited by Lord NullPointer

I´m not sure if I still need to introduce myself, but I´ll do it anyways!

I am Shotty, I am from Germany.

I joined Battleforge rather late, seing as I started in the Lost Souls edition. I´ve always prefered PvE to PvP and the map I hate and love the most at the same time is The Dwarfen Riddle. I played Nature/Shadow without the Amii Phantom ;D

I also enjoy other games then BF, currently I am playing League of Legends, multiple handheld games , Hearthstone and some other random sutff.

Besides gaming, I also watch alot of Anime to name a few favourites: Madoka Magicka, Code Geass, Assassination Classroom

I am currently learning a little bit of Java programming and the biggest thing I´ve done with that is creating a little RPG battle system.

Btw, don´t worry if you dislike me, I have kind of a "unique" personality so to say ;P

Just like everyone else here, I am looking forward to BFR being released and I hope we´ll all get along ;D

Edited by Shotty

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, and good day!

My name is Andrew, I originally got into BattleForge when a cousin of mine requested that I play the game, and I instantly got hooked into it. Everything about the game instantly got me hooked into it. I started playing around the time of the Renegade expansion release and my favourite map is Bad Harvest. My main deck was Stonekin with a pure fire deck and a pure shadow deck that I used occasionally just for fun/extra challenge/make things harder for friends.

I also play League of Legends and a crap ton of other games (of which can be seen on my Steam profile). I have an interest in a few anime shows Gurren Lagann, Black Butler, One Piece, Medabots, Naruto, and a couple others.

Ever since I started online gaming I guess I've always been a bit of content creator (I've always preferred the term Creative Enginner). I wrote tutorials and guides for the fire and second games I played which were ToonTown Online from Disney and BOTS!! from Acclaim then as time went on I got into creating videos, reviews, activity blogs, and UI customisation packs (This was for BOTS!! mostly) and recently I've been getting into game creation where I'm currently designing and creating an old school style turn based RPG with some newer and original elements mixed into it all.

I'm also heavily involved in a project of creating a website with a main focus being on content creation, and with that being said the focus being on content creation also leads to the website basically without a theme (ex; gaming, vlogging) so with the theme of the content being up to the users who are creating and sharing their content the theme is totally up to them, they basically get what they put into and contribute into the website... Which is an amazing concept, so I'm having fun designing, creating and configurating that stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

First things first, there are no words to show my gratitude to you guys for making this game playable again for all of us. You are just awesome! *epic slow clap*

Now for my introduction:
My name is Matthias, but nearly everyone calls me Maze, I'm 23 years old and from Germany. I'm a university student of engineering physics and I'm currently starting to learn C# (thanks to you guys ;)).
My interests include, but are not limited to: listening to music (mainly Melodic Death Metal; favourite band: Amon Amarth), reading manga (e.g. One Piece, Fairy Tail, and many more), learning Japanese.

A friend of mine recommended this game to 2 other friends and me, shortly after it became F2P. (Only fun memories of those early days. xD)
I played BF for about 3 years, but not continuously. I don't exactly remember why I stopped playing, but it was quite some time after the lost souls and amii expansions. I used to mainly play pure nature and only PvE. (Not a huge fan of PvP, but I think I will give it a shot this time around.)
I still remember my best friend and I playing the map Empire quite a lot, him on the side with the bandits and me on the side with the lost souls. Also, Forest Elder became my favourite card when it came out.

I'm typically not the kind of person to write much on a forum, but I'm fascinated by the stuff the community contributes to it. The only forum that I have been really active on was CABAL 2, from before CBT until I retired from it. (Played it mostly because of nostalgia from the original, but the new one did not really have a fulfilling endcontent.) Maybe some of you played it?!

To me, BattleForge is one of those few games everyone has, that cause one to remember all those good and nostalgic times of the past. (Same with CABAL Online; ~hah the nostalgia~)

Anyway, I have been reading a ton of threads on this forum since I discovered this project 4 days ago, just so you know how hyped I am to finally play BF again. :D
Also, I see no end to the hype as yesterday the game features progress rose from 20% to 55% and today even to 65%. *so exited* :)
Seems like I found out about this project at just the right moment.

But in my opinion, it doesn't really matter when the project is finished. The sheer thought that we might be able to play this great game again is enough to satisfy my gamer's heart.

I'm sure the majority of the people on this forum are just as hyped as myself and probably also think the same way about this project.

So, take your time and keep up the good work.

See you all in the Forge, Skylords.

Sincerely,
Maze

PS: sry for the long post, can't wait for the stream in 2 days. :D