Introduce Yourself!

MrXLink

Hello fellow Skylords,

I am Fernafalej from Germany 23 years old.

I was in love with BattleForge since i first heard about it way back in a german Games Magazin why back in June 2008. I think this was the first time this game was publicly announced. I wasn't too active in the forum, but played the closed beta and I was one of the first to be on the Server. After the beta i was a bit disappointed in the marketing strate I came right back when the game went F2P. I spent a good amount of time and money on BattleForge, made some nice friends here, in fact one of my best friends.

I played much but without too much ambition, got a view rankes in PVP with mediocre success and played much 2v2 always Pure Fire. I played PVE and rPVE regularly, traded here and there. I really liked the lore and playing with the math behind the game.

But when they told us BattleForge was going to shut down, I stoped to play, but i came back to be on the server when it shut down :(

I really love this game and i am so happy that i will be able to play it again.

Hello My name is Garz Real Is Juanpedro I started playing Battleforge 2008 and loved the game! IT was the game that brought to PC gaming, I got extrememly addicted. After the shutdown I started playing League of Legends which made my love for the PC extend. 

This game helped a lot with numbers especially on the auction and trading with people helped me know how people think when they are trading, so it helped know what I needed to do to get the upper hand in a trade also in regular life experiences too. 

This is the game that also brought me and my best friend together. Which is a big reason why I want to play this game again.  

Well I supose I'll give this one a go myself xD

Hi, my name is Luka, I'm from Slovenia (South of Austria, east of northern Italy, north of Croatia, just so you can pinpoint it). I've played the game back in, hufff... 2013/14-ish? I've had at least a 100 hours of gameplay and was a complete freeloader. I had a pretty good stoneskin/nature/frost deck and used it primarily for PVE and (on rare occasions) for PVP. I've really enjoyed the game back then and was really saddened when they announced they were putting down a lot of the good MMO games (like BatteForge, Battlefield Heroes, etc.). I've just discovered this project 3 days ago and I'm really excited to get back to playing this gem of real-time strategy gaming :D

As a side note I'm in school for programming, my interests include but are not limited to programming, video games, FISHING (because you know FISHING :D), skiing, various other sports and going on local and not-so local parties.

That's all from me, and I do hope to see you all on the forge. Take care

Well I supose I'll give this one a go myself xD

Hi, my name is Luka, I'm from Slovenia (South of Austria, east of northern Italy, north of Croatia, just so you can pinpoint it). I've played the game back in, hufff... 2013/14-ish? I've had at least a 100 hours of gameplay and was a complete freeloader. I had a pretty good stoneskin/nature/frost deck and used it primarily for PVE and (on rare occasions) for PVP. I've really enjoyed the game back then and was really saddened when they announced they were putting down a lot of the good MMO games (like BatteForge, Battlefield Heroes, etc.). I've just discovered this project 3 days ago and I'm really excited to get back to playing this gem of real-time strategy gaming :D

As a side note I'm in school for programming, my interests include but are not limited to programming, video games, FISHING (because you know FISHING :D), skiing, various other sports and going on local and not-so local parties.

That's all from me, and I do hope to see you all on the forge. Take care

better fishing than PHISHING :)

• 1 month later...

I got to hyped up and posted on the other topics, but i got sent here! just reading through these is amazing xD For the third introduction i will just copy the last one! ^^ so here it is: 

Hellow fellow skylords~!

So earlier today i was just casually showing my friend an old game i played called Battleforge and then stumbled upon this! ITS being remade! My hype meter was just too high and i instantly made a post on the "General talk" topic but seeing as not everyone might read that i'll do it over and then here. c: 

So for a proper introduction.. I'm a 19 year old guy from the Netherlands and the name is Davey. ^^ ( So i'm sorry if there is any  miss spelling xD ) I got my diploma for IT this year but right now i am not really pursuing anything and am just working to see what i want to do. I enjoy gaming alot and play many of em :P some worthy noting are; Ether Saga, S4League, Smite, League of Legends, Final Fantasy and of course Battleforge! Other then gaming i enjoy watching Anime/Cartoons or read Manga's and some of my favourite's are: Anime; Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Fairy Tail and Durarara!! Cartoons: Rick & Morty, Gravity Falls and Adventure Time. Manga: Suicide Island, One Piece (havent really watched the anime) and Rabbit Doubt. I am a sucker for music as well, mainly Rock/Metal/Grunge but i enjoy almost every type of music. My favorite all time band is Gorillaz :P 

I am completely stoked to join this community and stay active on the forums! ^^ Will share ideas ofcourse and i wanna meet all of you :P :hype:

-Dare~

Thanks for reading~! c:

• 2 months later...

My name is Joseph K. I started playing battle forge when I first fond it. My belief was that this was a game before it's time is why EA stopped with this game, I was sad my fav game was taken form me to soon so I had to find another and I did league of legends  and after years of playing league one game out of nowhere some one talks about battle forge and how some people were bring it back I was so happy at first I thought it to good to be true but then i look it up and what do you know it's TRUE and I'am so happy to see in building up again.

But know with more about me in a battle forge game set. I love Bandit I loved them the second they came out and till the game stopped the corsair was my fav and I cant wait like a lot of you to play this game again looking forward to meeting you in the game and in the forum! 

G'day! Boohaa from down-under here.

I remember when I started with a nature deck, saved for a shaman then played the market for a deepcoil worm... such good times! There is soo much I miss about this game, and soo much to look forward to with the release of BattleForge Reborn! Cant wait to play with you all again!

I am Dallarian, from Poland. You could meet me in BF as "Abdel"

On begining I was buying 1 BFP boosters, got shaman, contruct. I started play Nature-Frost. Then I got agressor, sold shaman for some ice cards, started play :frostorb::natureorb::frostorb::frostorb: And then my favorite RTS game got closed by EA :(

Playing Battleforge are my best memories of computer games :(

Edited by Dallarian

Hello I am Junny from the Netherlands

I played this game from closed beta to end
I hated PvP but I had all cards and I finished nearly all the maps on expert solo and had decks prepared for everything xD
really glad to see that there are a lot of people that are still interested in playing this game  and that the community didnt completely die
hope to able to play again in recent future!
And thanks for even making it a possibility :hype:

Really glad to see this game back up online , was one of my favorites before it shutdown and without the agressive monetization for the cards the game already had , I think playing this game will be a great experience.Also I'd like to thank all the volunteers working on this project , thanks for bringing one of my favorite games that sucessfuly combined the two of the genres I love the most.

Hi Guys.

Thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself as I am new to this community. As for my history with Battleforge I bought the disk on release and played it casually for a very long time mostly focusing on PvE as I was quite young however later on in the game's lifespan I got more into rPvE and PvP. I did really enjoy this game and I was sad to see it go as I was playing it pretty seriously and regularly at the end of its lifespan. Probably spent a little too much money of BFP but seriously, it was kind of a requirement. Stuck around looking for private servers for about 6 months or so. I saw there was people remaking it from scratch but there was little hope back then.

Watched Totalbiscuit's video on youtube mentioning Battleforge and decided to google and look if someone successfully had created private servers and found this. Really put a smile on my face. I made an account, read up on most announcements and topics on the forums (I lurked for a couple days to get an understanding of progress and community.) I must say I am gladly suprised seems like we can really get something going here again.

Thanks for reading, if you did I hope we can have a good future together. See you.

Watched Totalbiscuit's video on youtube mentioning Battleforge and decided to google and look if someone successfully had created private servers and found this. Really put a smile on my face.

It's amazing that you found this project due to TotalBiscuit's video. I hope more new members/old members are curious enough to search more about BattleForge and eventually find this project that is BattleForge Reborn. It's incredible to see all the different ways people found this project and to see it grow. Nonetheless, welcome :bf: ! 

It's amazing that you found this project due to TotalBiscuit's video. I hope more new members/old members are curious enough to search more about BattleForge and eventually find this project that is BattleForge Reborn. It's incredible to see all the different ways people found this project and to see it grow. Nonetheless, welcome :bf: ! 

Haha it wasn't the most difficult find actually since it was the first (and forums 2nd) results from googling "Battleforge". But yes hopefully this community will grow exponentionally in a good direction. I've for one already started spreading the word to friends. Choo Choo - Hype train.

And thank you I feel welcome already.

OH MY GAAAAD :):)

I´m so happy just to read all those familiar names..if this seriously gets released I will make love to everyone who contributed!

I´m ulvfdfgtmk, often refered to as ulv, and was addicted to BF for a looong time. I hope to revive this addiction.

Peace and love to all of you <3

Hey guys, I noticed that this forum doesnt have a "Introduce Yourself" Forum like certain games do. I am OS_Koda and i never heard of Battleforge till a friend told me about it. I did some research here and there and this game reminds me of Chaos Reborn but real time. I hope to see this game up and running so me and my friends can play!

-OS_Koda

Hey guys,

my name is Geradon. I've been a BF player from day one until the last day. Maybe some people remember me :)

I just found this project and am super hyped about it! Let's hope that we can play BF again!

As for me, I'm 23 years old and live in Germany. In my free time I play lots of computer gamers, chess or poker. 

Back in the days I created quite a few custom pvp maps, let's see if I can find them on my old computer and share them with you again :D

-Geradon

My name is Alex, and I've been hooked to BF since its release.
I've been playing RTS games all my life, and this combination of strategy and card based gaming is just wonderful.
I had a lot of wonderful memories from BF, and I consider it one of my best experiences in gaming ever.
I'm really excited to play it once more, I hate EA for shutting down such a great game.

Hello guys,

my name is Julian and I'm from germany.

I'm 21 years old and I'm working as a software developer.

Back in the days I used to play Battleforge alot but  since I was mostly solo and didn't have that much money I couldn't buy many cards so I had to resort to mostly PvE.

I'm mainly playing League of Legends and Counter Strike:GO.

I'd love to meet new people my age to play and talk with.

So!

If you're interested, feel free to contact me ===> Signature.

Greets,

RenNagasaki

• 1 month later...

Hello all! My name is Bence, im from Hungary. I played BF so much, but only for fun.

I was not an expert i just loved the atmosphere. I was an expert trader i had all the cards and i bought BFP just ONCE! :D i loved the trading system and the players, the community was good, i made a lot of new friendships there. As i see this project is real i hope we can play as soon as possible im very happy about it. My ingame name was Flaammeee and i loved expecially fire at the beginning after i loved lost souls, and pure frost. My favourite card is Forest Elder, because its a big cat and looks bad ass and also has some great damage/health. Im a student and i have to study for my exams but i hope if the game will be ready im sure i will have time for it :D

So many German people here. Time to add one more.

I'm ManGa aka Lylandris, 22 years old student living in Germany and played BattleForge since its very beginning and stopped playing around Lost Souls - Amii because my eMail-Account got hacked.
I played a lot of pure frost in both PvE and PvP and got quite high with it, too.

The forge aside, I play a lot of other strategy games ( like a lot of German ppl do, I feel), Shooters and MMORPGs.

I chose the name ManGa recently since it's one of my hobbies and I find its meaning to match my personality and playstyles.( Weird/strange picture or style )

Hope to see you guys ingame soon.