After clicking "PLAY" in the updater, Battleforge.exe launches as background task and closes after 2 sec

Sithonic

Hello!

I have the following problem - After I unpacked the game and copied the updater with both my firewall and antivirus off, I launched  SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe. After it finished, I clicked play. Instead of launching, Battleforge.exe launches as a background task in the task manager for 2-3 seconds and then closes itself. The game doesnt start at all and no visual screen comes up at any point. I tried all of the methods that were described in the troubleshooting guide. I am running Windows 10 x64 bit, GTX 860m, 16gb of ram, latest GeForce drivers (as of 14-sept-2018). I ran everything as admin and tried in compatibility mode. Also tried deleting the Battleforge folder in Documents, as well as disabling the readonly flag for it. Both antivirus and firewall are disabled during the whole process.

Help will be much appreciated, I tried everything. All of the signs point to either a block by the antivirus or the firewall, but I can confirm that that is not the case. I assume regular updates of the game are rolling out, so this issue persists today aswell, 14 sept.

Thanks in advance, Skylords!

Konstantin

Edited by Sithonic

I ve been through a similar state of things my friend.Ive tried everything.I am not an expert, but i can strongly suggest to re-extract the battleforge folder from your downloads or re-download it if the problem remains(alongside the updater of course)It took me 3 downloads(the main game),infinite time and several repetitions on things i was thinking i ve done correctly until i could log in. KEEP CALM AND RETRY!.Good luck!

On 9/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, Sithonic said:

SOLVED: Problem occurred because of a corrupted game. I think it was because I extracted the files with daemon-tools instead of winrar. Works fine now. Thanks everybody!

Great to hear! moved to resolved. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use