Skylords Reborn (Coming Soon)

InsaneHawk

HI

just doing my 2monthly check up, I was wondering will they notify player on email about the live or open beta or what ever its made to public when it will be ready to play?...

I do check semi monthly but sometimes I get caught up in gaming and not until I retire those game do I notice "hey they still doing battleforge".....

been on albion online testing the crap out of it and just retire right now and notice that you guys still working on this. so If it is not to much trouble please do notify your forum player about the release if possible so that we don't forget XD

thank you

wish you the best of lucks ^,^

-Finalhecate

Holy crap, just found out about this project the other day.  You have no idea how happy this makes me.

There was a void that no other RTS games like Starcraft or its ripoffs on steam could fill.  Battleforge is still unique and was such a great game with so much potential, but it was flawed from the ground up and ultimately cut short by publisher greed.  (Even those of us who were constantly giving away free bfp and cards couldn't make up for this)

I hope you all manage to take this game to where it should've gone in the first place.  I look forward to playing with you all and seeing my old harvesters wreak havoc once more.

-Bash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • I Think everyone is #HYPED ATM but i dont know if anyone mentioned earlier but the open beta will start in 2016 june-july. Not so much left on the time . Its the final countdown . 

( For everyone who is in the closed alpha or will be in closed beta You guys are freakin lucky Good job guys . I want to be in the closed beta testing too and i think every other person who played this game even once :) )

On 2016. 02. 16. at 6:01 PM, Smok said:

5 minutes ago, InsaneHawk said:

Seems like as you said. :)

Where did we say that if anyone found it ?

The only information I have seen is about how the date is not determined.

My guess is that he phrased his sentence in a weird way, but he was only guessing on the release date. For a lot of people English is not the first language here.

Edited by Pigslord

In one video @InsaneHawk said that they will most likely be finished around june/july( cant remember exactly) or something very similar to this. Shortly after it was clarified by @MrXLink that this was simply said due to the state of enthusiasm InsaneHawk had at that point and there is indeed no release date for Closed Beta/Open Beta or Release Date yet. I guess this guy just didnt saw that statement and thought after watching the mentioned video that June/July is a fix Release Date :)

I didn't say that as an official statement @Treim, not at all. This was an average date of our hope of getting something working related to game mostly (so it means CBT right after, not any kind of release)
Development takes a lot a time and we can't really guess until we can at least enter the game, since we'll may encounter many troubles & problems, that's really hard to guess.

So here's the official statement

1. We don't have any release date for CBT yet
  2. We don't have any release date for the full game yet
  3. We hope that in the upcoming months, we'll be able to enter in-game at least ('upcoming month' doesn't mean 1 or 2 months)
  4. Until we have a company (cf. Recruitment) we won't start the full game. (for safety reasons)

2 hours ago, InsaneHawk said:

I didn't say that as an official statement @Treim, not at all. This was an average date of our hope of getting something working related to game mostly (so it means CBT right after, not any kind of release)
Development takes a lot a time and we can't really guess until we can at least enter the game, since we'll may encounter many troubles & problems, that's really hard to guess.

So here's the official statement

1. We don't have any release date for CBT yet
  2. We don't have any release date for the full game yet
  3. We hope that in the upcoming months, we'll be able to enter in-game at least ('upcoming month' doesn't mean 1 or 2 months)
  4. Until we have a company (cf. Recruitment) we won't start the full game. (for safety reasons)

I know it wasn't an official statement. I tried to point that out in my previous post - sorry if it wasn't clear enough. I just wanted to say that the guy (szabolcsking150) might have mistaken/misunderstood your comment as an official statement.

I think he did that because it is the only time i can remember anyone of you guys( the dev team) ever mentioned a date around June or July ( in any context).

Oh my happy days - I was just thinking that this game should be brought back to life and hey presto someone is already on the case!

I'm sure ive battled against a lot of you in the past.

Looking forward to playing again!!

PS If you need anymore testers - I'd be more than happy to oblige!!!

Hi all 

i have been reading into this as it was a personal addiction of mine as well as an escape from the regular shooters/strats/aaa titles
an i am hyped and thankful that people liked this game as much as myself. 

i am however curious as to the code you are using to remake the game what languages are you using ect ect being a fellow dev i am interested 

keep it going and remember as a dev nothing is ever truly done :D

1 hour ago, GhostWolf said:

Hi all 

i have been reading into this as it was a personal addiction of mine as well as an escape from the regular shooters/strats/aaa titles
an i am hyped and thankful that people liked this game as much as myself. 

i am however curious as to the code you are using to remake the game what languages are you using ect ect being a fellow dev i am interested 

keep it going and remember as a dev nothing is ever truly done :D

I'm not a member of the team, but from what I understand the game(client) is coded in C++ and the server is coded in C#. Hope that answers your question, feel free to apply in the development section near the bottom of the forum page. It is a private thread only visible to the team.

10 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

I'm not a member of the team, but from what I understand the game(client) is coded in C++ and the server is coded in C#. Hope that answers your question, feel free to apply in the development section near the bottom of the forum page. It is a private thread only visible to the team.

Id love to join in and i am actually qualified and work in both those languages for a living but my plate is a little too full to start anything new currently