too many users on server!

Talgame

It's already become much more stable than it was on the first day of the stress test, and at least for me, it's no longer freezing during matches, so if you manage to login (sometimes you get in on 1st attempt, sometimes you need to try a couple dozen times). I'd say it's very much worth to log in ;)

Well, after about 10 or 20 tryes i did manage to enter the game.

But the servers or their bandwith seem to be way underpowerd.

The forge is running fine, chat is running fine.
I did build a deck, started a solo game, and then it turned out that the reaction time of the game makes it unplayable.

Summoning creatures, casting a spell or even sending troops somewhere has a reaction time of over 2 minutes. Casting a healing spell on my troops caused to let the spell go off when the troops weren't standing on that position any more. You can't do any tacktics because it is pure luck when your troops will react to your go-there command.

I guess skylords-reborn would need at least 10 times more servers with realy good load balancers in front of them.

From todays perspective i'd say the stress test did tell uss that there is *WAY* to much stress to the servers.
So i'll wait and give the developers time to react on this.
If the problem could be solved with more server hardware, i'm sure there are enough enthusiasts out there to donate some dolars.

Comming back to the question "Is it worth to try over and over to connect?"
Well, at this point of time: no
If there are so many players online that the server won't give you a slot, the game won't be playable either.

____

EDIT:

After trying another game at 04:00 UTC the game in fact was playable, as known from the good old days before EA did close down their servers.

Seems like in the middle of the night, server load might be lower.

Edited by schentuu

3 hours ago, schentuu said:

But the servers or their bandwith seem to be way underpowerd.
[...]
I guess skylords-reborn would need at least 10 times more servers with realy good load balancers in front of them.
[...]
If the problem could be solved with more server hardware, i'm sure there are enough enthusiasts out there to donate some dolars.

17 hours ago, Nerevar said:

"A lot of you think we do have HW (hardware) problems, let me just be clear with this once and for all, we don't. Our HW (hardware) won't limit us before a very long time." - @InsaneHawk 13.09.2018 13:44

3 hours ago, schentuu said:

Summoning creatures, casting a spell or even sending troops somewhere has a reaction time of over 2 minutes. Casting a healing spell on my troops caused to let the spell go off when the troops weren't standing on that position any more. You can't do any tacktics because it is pure luck when your troops will react to your go-there command.

This occured only yesterday because of a test the devs were doing. During this period players had a ping up to 120k. That's not the common case though.

"We are conducting a test on the servers to better diagnose and investigate one of the issues we are having. The lag/latency that you are experiencing is normal while we conduct this test. It may take up to a few hours or longer to finish the test. Please bear with us!" - @Ultrakool 13.09.2018 15:19

Edited by Nerevar

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use