Entering 'full' Lobby while not all slots are occupied

Nerevar

That's not a new one, but it wasn't posted yet. Just didn't want it to get ignored.

NAME: Entering 'full' Lobby while not all slots are occupied (until I come up with a better name)
SEVERITY: 2
REPRODUCIBILITY: Have seen in 3 times until now as people are normally occupiing a slot by default when entering a lobby and have to manually leave/release it.

DESCRIPTION: It seems to be possible to enter a full lobby when there are still spots left. In this specific case today, the creater of the lobby was not on a slot (for whatever reason, maybe he wanted to take the last spot that noone wanted to play. idk, didn't ask him).
Meanwhile 4 additional player (including me) were able to join the lobby and occupy a slot.
To be able to play, the leader/lobby-creator kicked 1 player. Another one voluntered to leave for him at the same time.
Even with those 2 players gone, the creator of the lobby wasn't able to join any slot (anymore).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: After that the normal dc stuff happened as we had to leave the party, which leads to dc 98% of the time.

SCREENSHOT:
5ppl4loby.thumb.png.16b111c2aa24cffdafe4d85b1cb82bab.png

Edited by Nerevar
formatting

I think it was possible in the old bf to have more users in the group than slots, but only by invite from the leader.

So the match was hidden at the world map when there are enough players in the group, even if they didnt select a slot yet.

Of course it should always be possible for the leader to select a slot though.

I actually think that was possible in the old bf ladadoos. Since one need to go out of a slot if you want to switch position in a full group. And I don't recall that the leader was prohibited to do this.

Although I wouldn't mind if the leader is prohibited if that fixes these problems as long as the leader is able to switch positions.

I don't want to create another bug report because this bug only happened once and is similar to Neravar's.

When I created a lobby for Crusade (2 players) a group of two players joined the lobby and I have lost my group leader's status which was given to another player (groups leader). Sadly I don't know anything else because an error appeared.

bf5.thumb.jpg.5b861b3b237ab2804c74d3564ffab831.jpg

Edited by Strek0za

13 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

[...] leader was able to go out of a slot. If I am correct this should never be possible.

Why shouldn't he be able to? :/ On this point I agree to @MephistoRoss. He should be able to swap in and out as he wants.
As far as I got it, the leader did not invite anyone. So imo the problem is, that
the lobby was still visible on the map for everyone while 4 ppl were in group but lobby had one open slot.

Might have been like that in BF aswell though. Can't remember 2bh.

@Nerevar "Why shouldn't he be able to?"
Exactly for this reason: so that the leader isn't blocked out of his own match. And yes, the "open slots" number is as far as I know exactly what it says, open slots. If you are in a group with 4 people and only 2 are in slots, then there are still 2 open slots. 

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use