UI scaling

Lurkinshadow

Hello Skylords. Ive been playing on a 32inch TV screen for a cpl of years now and some games dont work well with this monitor, which is sadly the case for this game aswell.

The issue is i have to run games in a resolution of 1228x690 in order for stuff to fit on the screen, but that makes the UI rly fucked up and i cant see everything. For example i cannot use the upgrade function or all of my card spots in a deck :( .

Is there a way to scale the UI down in any way, shape or form?

Besides this issue i am having a blast playing the game when its possible to get on and host :)

Go to your My Documents (C:\users\<username>\Documents\BattleForge) folder, and find config.xml. Open it with Notepad or any text editor.
In the 3rd line of the file, there should be "fullscreen", "screenheight" and "screenwidth" options. Change their accordingly to your screen resolution. In your case, if you were to want a fullscreen game at 1228x690, you can change the values to:

fullscreen="1" screenheight="690" screenwidth="1228"

Then, save the config.xml file and start the game normally through the updater. This should run the game in your custom resolution, and scale the UI accordingly.

Thats the issue though, i did exactly that and the resolution for the game is perfect, but the UI is cut off and the chat window is blocking crucial buttons :( If there was a way to directly scale down the ui that would be perfect, but i presume thats not a thing..

Like, i can go make the resolution 1920x1080 and that fixes the ui, but then my monitor is running at 30hz interlaced which looks absolutely shit :P

Ive had this issue for quite a few games now, i think its time for a new monitor hehe :(

Edited by Lurkinshadow

Try to increase the resolution, @Lurkinshadow. I know it won't be native for your TV, but it should scale down the UI for you as it is not written well/modern (That's the reason why other ppl here complain about small UI while using 4k screens).

Would reccoment to double the resolution up to 2456x1380 at first. If it works as I predict, it will most likely be too small, but at least you will definetly see a difference - if there is one.

Afterwards you can pick something in between those resolutions to adjust the size/scaling. The middle of 1842x1035 for example.

Edited by Nerevar
minor adjustments

Appreciate the advice, i tried it and it results in the same resolution as 1920x1080 does, which is fine and that does fix it, but that makes it run in 30hz interlaced which is just rly bad on the eyes sadly.

I just gotta switch to 1080i when i gotta upgrade cards, and then manage with fewer cards in my deck when i play in my native resolution :P

Edited by Lurkinshadow