2 - I do not recieve any Whispers & Mails

GreenDelay

NAME: Tom
SEVERITY: 2
REPRODUCIBILITY: Always
DESCRIPTION: So I've actually been talking to @Ladadoos in the game itself (managed to whisper him and then he invited me into his group cause he couldn't whisper me back). The Trading system was down so I tried trading with someone over mail. When he send the card, I never recieved it. So that's when I got in contact with Ladadoos we talked about it and he researched it for me. We came to the conclusion that there's actually another "tom" in the game. You see, there's an uppercase T in my name, but when u search for "Tom" in the contacts list you'll only find "tom", which is not me. All the whispers & mails get send to tom instead of me (Tom). Thats why, when someone tries to whisper me, they dont send anything (cause tom is not online), but when they send a mail, it gets send cause you can recieve mails offline.
SCREENSHOT: Cannot show anything whats not there
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: TL;DR Duplicate name (Tom & tom) in the game, whispers & mails get send to tom instead of Tom. I was super stoked to get the name Tom since that's my irl name, but it backfired completely :D

Ladadoos also told me to add @Kubik to this.

Edited by GreenDelay

I would like to add that according to @GreenDelay (Tom), relogging multiple times didn't fix his issue. Also other random things like doing /invite Tom tries to invite tom instead of Tom it seems. Highly likely it's some name conflicts going on, but just mentioning this in case it isn't.

@Kubik I would suggest to disable the case sensitivity in the check of  the character name already exists @ character creation. So it won't be possible to create accounts with the same name.

Even if the client and server could handle this, it would still be very confusing to other players and enable people to impersonate others easily.

this bug is already fixed for new characters, I lost part of code, that was preventing name duplicates, by accident :(

Boorino think he can fix it with SQL, but then run to some problems, so there is still 78*N characters with that problem

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Kiwi locked this topic