Server specifications etc.

Readymade

Does anyone know on which server skylords is currently running, how many ppl. can be logged in at the same time and how much the operating costs are? Also i would like to know what kind of server we probably need to run this project smooth and for ~3000 ppl at the same time. 

Don't get me wrong with this post - i don't want to complain or whinge - I just want to get some more hard data :lol:

Rusherboy likes this

Actually I would be interested too. 

Im wondering about the architecture of the servers. 
Actually today it is quite easy to setup some servers in the cloud, including auto-scaling options and automation of rollouts.
I cant imagine that the BF Server is so complicated to run. (Im sure it is complicated to develop - Thanks again to Skylord Devs!)

If you need some experienced Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer to help you with Server Operations, feel free to contact me guys...

Best Regards,
Leon

Readymade likes this

• 4 months later...

Server is dedicated machine in France data center with not too old Intel CPUs. It is "only" bit worse than my desktop :P (no GPU of course)

"~3000 ppl at the same time" where you get that number :thinking: we have best peak under 900 concurrent players. And after many performance fixes we are not limited by server HW.

"auto-scaling" never seen anything like this work. Only people claiming it scale "auto-magically" but each of these cases was something that could be handled independently and the "auto-scaling" was just starting new server and load-balancer getting it as next option.