How to Stream?

xHolzi

Hey guys i want to Stream BattleForge while the Stresstest and after, but the problem is (im using obs) the software wont show the Battleforge screen if i use the Game-Capture option. And if i use Screen-Capture the Stream is just showing one picture so its not fluently. Can somebody help me ?

15 hours ago, xHolzi said:

Hey guys i want to Stream BattleForge while the Stresstest and after, but the problem is (im using obs) the software wont show the Battleforge screen if i use the Game-Capture option. And if i use Screen-Capture the Stream is just showing one picture so its not fluently. Can somebody help me ?

Try running OBS as an administrator? I used to be able to stream just fine, but since they implemented the updater I've had to run OBS as an admin.

If game capture works, it's almost always the best option. Depending what version of windows you're using, you may be able to get monitor capture to work (okay) by using disable aero (and putting the game in not-fullscreen).

• 9 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I had the same issue and running OBS as admin solved the problem, although I am currious why Battleforge is the only game that forces me to run OBS as admin.

I play on windowed mode and I had the same issues like the OP, game capture resulted in a black screen, screen capture captured nothing.

it is simple we need Launcher to run as administrator to work and do its job (redirect BF to our servers, instead of dead EA's servers), but Microsoft offers no way to to start child process with lover rights :(

For OBS to work in game mode (or how exactly it is called) it need at least same privilege level as the app you want it to stream (or record).

Is that explanation enough, or you need more details?

19 hours ago, Kubik said:

it is simple we need Launcher to run as administrator to work and do its job (redirect BF to our servers, instead of dead EA's servers), but Microsoft offers no way to to start child process with lover rights :(

For OBS to work in game mode (or how exactly it is called) it need at least same privilege level as the app you want it to stream (or record).

Is that explanation enough, or you need more details?

You're golden ^^ It's been quite a while since I had informatics at the university so this fresh-up felt really good!
My 3 viewers will be happy when I show off the game next time, hopefully they start playing too.

Cheers for the info and have a nice day/noon/evening/etc!