3 - Avatar visual bug

Lywingho

• NAME: Incorrect avatar displayed after character creation
  • SEVERITY: 3
  • LOCATION: character screen, forge, probably during missions too.
  • REPRODUCIBILITY: Unsure, seems to be common since a large majority of players (roughly 8/10's) that were active at the time I was logged in were also using a default avatar (I have not confirmed if they had chosen it themselves or not). I assume this is caused by creating a character whilst the servers were unstable and players were constantly dc'ed during / after creation.
  • DESCRIPTION: The avatar I chose during character creation is not the one being displayed; the default war eagles avatar is being displayed instead.
  • SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: Unavailable currently until I manage to log back in.
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: [Any other notes go here, such as possible fixing suggestions, ideas, etc.]

Edit by Ladadoos: It seems that somewhere during the (first) login process avatars are being set to the war eagle. While watching the contacts list, I saw someone join for the first time with the character they chose, but once they entered the forge the avatar had reverted back to war eagle.

Edited by Ladadoos
BENICE likes this

@Nerevar I don't believe the issue is related to everyone. Not everyone has the same icon, just A LOT of people quickly created their character and didn't choose a specific avatar and since the default is war eagle... I chose for example Construct and got Construct. Maybe there's a specific issue with Ice guardian :P

Do you remember if it ever displayed your avatar properly? Weirdly enough, yesterday I was able to play a mission for a short time and I could've sworn I remembered my avatar was properly displayed (Ice guardian), but when I logged in today shortly it had reverted to war eagle. Didn't want to mention it because I thought it might've just been me misremembering it since it was fairly late.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use