32-bit vs. 64-bit system requirements

Twinson

Hi technical guys,

since the "new" version is no longer running under 32-bit systems, some or at least those whichout a more recent hardware, cannot play the game any longer.

I have still the same hardware setup since I have played Battleforge last time, but why is it now no longer compatible?

I there any work-around or plan to make it 32-bit compatible again?

Greetings

twinson

Edited by Twinson

Good to read about it, thanks for following up on this! I would love to read this item in the dev post on the open items list ;-)

I believe (and hope) this is a kind of low hanging fruit for fixing. Furthermore, this seems to be a simple way to get some (even not knowing how many) further people on board.

I have meanwhile tried to launch the game after full download (instead of updater only), but without success with a 32-bit system :-/

Would it help if I manipulate the 32-bit system in such a way?

"bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072 "

17 minutes ago, Twinson said:

I have meanwhile tried to launch the game after full download (instead of updater only), but without success with a 32-bit system :-/

Would it help if I manipulate the 32-bit system in such a way?

"bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072 "

Not really. 32 bit systems have been outdated and deprecated for a really long time now and even the most low-end budget CPUs are 64 bit. There's no getting around it and you can't really "manipulate" anything.

Which hardware do you have? Maybe its just the operating system which is 32 bit while your hardware is already 64 bit, because 64 bit cpus are way older than battleforge.

But theoretically it would be possible to run 64 bit software on a 32 bit system => emulation, but believe me you dont want to take this path.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use