once i run the updater as admin a second run pops up saying patcher i press run and nothing happens

ThunderHill

any ideas? on what to do? as i'm not really a tech kinda guy, although i installed directX and tried to do the visual c++ thing but it said i have more upto date software and i installed both the client and updater without antivirus and firewall on 

well i tried running on the UAC and it loaded up but once i press play nothing happens again 

hey watcher ,

did you make sure to extract the files all to the same folder with battleforge in it . my steps i took are here: download the rar file use (winrar) or any ideal software you prefer to extract file , and make a folder on desktop to send all files to .then download updater files should be liek 4 or 5 and extract them to the same folder you made for battleforge. inside the folder now you should see skylords reborn updater click this as this is you way into the forge hope that helps . just let me know if you have anymore issues.

Please follow all steps in this thread: 

Especially make sure you have no antivirus that is blocking any of the files or puts some of the files in quarantaine.

If you still cant get it working after checking all steps in the thread, install teamviewer and pm me so I can take a look at your setup if you want via remote control.

if you are using norton anti virus and files get quarantine you will have to download those files again , the files change when trying to restore them and skylord reborn launcher will not start up due to this fact , as again disable your anti virus i had windows defender  running and it works fine better then nortons imo . not sure with mcafee or others but i know this first hand for nortons to do these to the files.

Edited by slaphappy420

3 minutes ago, ThunderHill said:

again, thank you very much @MephistoRoss but i gotta ask how long is the beta planning on going for? 

The access you have is not temporary, if that is what you are asking. The open stress test will take as long as the Devs find needed until we can go to the next phase. 

ThunderHill likes this

Hello skylords. To launch the game you have to copy updater files in to the BF folder where BattleForge app resides. Then you have to launch UAC with admin rights. The exe will generate extra files, at this point you antivirus will go off and remove the launcher. You have to either disable your antivirus before clicking UAC or go to the antivirus and add UAC/ laucher  to the "white list". Another option is to dequarantine it and add an exception to the antivirus. After you have launched AUC, cmd will pop up and close, then the updater will launch. After some time you can click play and enter the game. But atm there is connection issue. with the server.

Edited by EXAEX

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use