Skylords Reborn - All you need to know!

Ladadoos

On 9/30/2018 at 2:42 PM, MagnumLarge said:

If you get the error message "Please place all files from the archive into your battleforge folder."

Here is the SOLUTION that worked for me:

Don't be an idiot like me and put the .rar file into a folder with the SkylordsReborn Updater unless you have UNZIPPED it using WinZip or a similar program.

You have to download the client (4.7 GB), the Updater (8.5 MB) and WinZip

(1) Un-Zip your battleforge.rar file into any folder you like

(2) This will create a folder called "Battleforge" that is now full of a whole bunch of other files

(3) Extract SkylordsRebornUpdater into the Battleforge folder (not the parent folder)

(4) Double click the SkylordsRebornUpdater

Again, don't be an idiot like me. I imagine most of the problems relating to the error message "Please place all files from the archive into your battleforge folder." are becuase you are in idiot (like I was).

Yep :) and now i has Login Error that keeps saying "connection Failed" even though i'm connected to internet, entered the right profile info of Email and Password, and nothing should be failing to connect to servers.

5 hours ago, Kubik said:

@Legendary_Apocalypse did you try restarting the game, did it create any logs?

Wow quick support, I wasn't expecting such a strong support for a game in Beta, and seems the community here is as great as it used to be! I restarted the game, and still got the "connection Failed" error. It seems I've done everything right and it still won't load up the game. I don't see anything wrong here, but maybe you do?

Screenshot (39).png

Screenshot (835).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Why can't I post more than 3.9MB of images, I took pictures to support the issue of the common "Connection Failed" error, and can't post them all? Perhaps I can post more if I create my own Topic Main Page. I have pictures of my Task Manager, and the game loading up fine with active Windows Security. Some how it suddenly worked just from retrying after waiting for 8 or so hours. If it occurs again, there's only 1-2 issue(s) I can think of considering the rest works fine so far. Probably will encounter problems each time I log back in but we'll see, and I will post back if so. 

6 hours ago, Kubik said:

@Legendary_Apocalypse did you try restarting the game, did it create any logs?

I'm not sure what logs you're referring to, what logs? Thanks for response by the way.

Hope this game allows for a game like it to be like it, and do very well with profitability!

Edited by Legendary_Apocalypse

logs are here: `Documents\BattleForge\Diag\_launcher_log_YYYY.MM.DD_X` where YYYY.MM.DD is date and X is incremented every time you start the game, or connect to the foge server.

"profitability"? :thinking: this is non profit project.

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

logs are here: `Documents\BattleForge\Diag\_launcher_log_YYYY.MM.DD_X` where YYYY.MM.DD is date and X is incremented every time you start the game, or connect to the foge server.

"profitability"? :thinking: this is non profit project.

True, but I was saying to make another version of this, so it's a similar game inspired by Battleforge, yet is their own game they can profit off of. Thanks for informing me of the Logs, if issues persist and I can no longer get into the game "as I have now," I will check back on these other potential factors. Since I have login success, I'm guessing it's an error bug on their end that they still haven't corrected yet. Hopefully they find a developer who knows how to fix the little error bugs that can cause losses of tons of players for many games, especially if they can't afford to lose population/ playerbase. Hope this all turns out! :)

I figured out the images problem, and just had to save the images as Jpeg instead of PNG to upload all of them!

Edited by Legendary_Apocalypse

3 minutes ago, Kubik said:

if you want to make "another" game who will create all the 3D and 2D art? that is most of the work.

I just realized you're "a" or "The Main Developer," and there was a Youtuber several years ago I found out of interest in Battleforge's return, because I couldn't understand why they shut it down when they could have made it into something better at least. I contacted him a few times about the Reborn project, and made some suggestions about future potential plans. If this Battleforge project turns out to have less flaws than the original game by EA, it's possible we could make a game similar that's our own version of it. It's possible if this Reborn project does well, and ends up running smoothly, that we can try to create our own version of Battleforge if it appeals enough to the players, even if it's not as popular as League of Legends. However it might not be an actual interest of yours, but there's potential here if this does well, and I'm down for being apart of the new version if that becomes a project.

I have 3D modeling, 2D concept illustration, and some programming experience with diverse styles. I'm mostly great at writing, storyboarding, and creating designs that standout among the competitors. Game Design is a future goal of mine, and maybe we'll work on a project together sometime. I have a lot of art and creative stories. So if things workout, maybe this is something we can look into sometime, considering you've got expertise in areas I'm less familiar with. Hope this Reborn project turns out, and let me know if you have other projects prioritized over this 1, that's different than Battleforge.

I do not have any other projects right now :)

I replaced over 5% of the game's code already, and my plan is to continue in that direction as long as there is EA's binary to replace left :D

But I do not have that big expectations to replace all their art, but that can change if someone skilled enough make enough replacements :)

6 minutes ago, Kubik said:

I do not have any other projects right now :)

I replaced over 5% of the game's code already, and my plan is to continue in that direction as long as there is EA's binary to replace left :D

But I do not have that big expectations to replace all their art, but that can change if someone skilled enough make enough replacements :)

LOL I get what you mean! Replacing all that design and story would be quite a daunting task. Hopefully programming this to run smoothly works out, because if this becomes a finished game that runs smoothly and officially launches with maybe a few new creative additions, then a new version would be possible. I'm not sure if this is just a hobby or not for you developers but, if you're really into it as a profession, we can try something new when Reborn is finished. Until then though, I've really enjoyed the game so far, and thanks for unf***ing it! :D

Galoem likes this

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Ladadoos changed the title to Skylords Reborn - All you need to know!
20 hours ago, Mirze said:

The link to download the updater doesnt work

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Could you try on a different browser, it might be to do with how your current browser is handling the SSL certificate.

4 hours ago, NNking1234 said:

well i have everything that it needs but for some weird reason it wont add the updater files to the game file it only says that *Win rar can only files that are zip or rar but aint theese files already one of the option. i hope some of you could help me with this.

Use something like 7zip, freeware to unpack the updater files.