Quest & Achievement Suggestions - Megathread

Treim

• 2 months later...

Reset option for Saviour of Nyn, Hero of the Realm and Among the Old Gods for the price of 400 BFP x Rewarded Booster

Saviour of Nyn 1200 BFP

Hero of the Realm 2000 BFP

Among the Old Gods 3200 BFP

or for even more Achivments

Edited by Asraiel
Loriens likes this

• 2 months later...

How about making monthly achievements for the Motm lvl 10 rPvE's? Something like "Beat the 1/2/4 player randomly generated map of the month for the month of Jan/Feb/... of 2021/2022/...".
This way you can later see, in which months you managed to beat the lvl 10 maps.

arabikaa and Xamos like this

• 5 months later...

Achievements on the Test Server

In the last weeks I have logged into the test server a couple of times and it was always empty. This leads me to the conclusion that the number of players to test your iterations on the test server might not be high enough. Maybe that is because playing on the test server does not do anything for your account on the live server.

Since this is also a community driven project why not reward players for helping in the development process. I know that the live server and the test server are two seperate instances. So maybe you could run a routine that checks fulfilled quests on the test server at midnight and sends an ingame mail with the rewards on the live server? Players use the same login credentials for both servers, right? So you should be able to match the accounts.

You could then control testing by making the corresponding quests, e.g.:

• Play 3 sparring matches on Gorgash each lasting at least 8 minutes (Map Testing Gorgash) (70 BFP, 1000 Gold)
  • Play 3 sparring matches using at least 3 of the following cards A,B,C,D,E,F,G (arbitrary reward)

This could also be a motivation for players that have already fulfilled their daily quests and want to grind more. And if you don't want players to be too much on the test server you can limit the player numbers and set a maximum monthly/weekly reward.

Edited by cDKiLLr0y

1 hour ago, cDKiLLr0y said:

• Play 3 sparring matches on Gorgash each lasting at least 8 minutes (Map Testing Gorgash) (70 BFP, 1000 Gold)
  • Play 3 sparring matches using at least 3 of the following cards A,B,C,D,E,F,G (arbitrary reward)

Good idea.
I could imagine it in another form as well, like "testing objectives of month", which basicly would be a highlighted list of things/features to test.

7 hours ago, DaveTheDebater said:

In the last weeks I have logged into the test server a couple of times and it was always empty. This leads me to the conclusion that the number of players to test your iterations on the test server might not be high enough. Maybe that is because playing on the test server does not do anything for your account on the live server.

Since this is also a community driven project why not reward players for helping in the development process. I know that the live server and the test server are two seperate instances. So maybe you could run a routine that checks fulfilled quests on the test server at midnight and sends an ingame mail with the rewards on the live server? Players use the same login credentials for both servers, right? So you should be able to match the accounts.

This could also be a motivation for players that have already fulfilled their daily quests and want to grind more. And if you don't want players to be too much on the test server you can limit the player numbers and set a maximum monthly/weekly reward.

Just an FYI, if you submit replays of anything you test on the test server for us, once per iteration you can receive a free booster. The place to submit such test feedback is on the balancing discord, but we could also provide a place here to do it. I haven't been it "active" for awhile because we don't have anything on the test server unit-wise, but it is a good point that currently testing PvP maps can fall into that category.

Metagross31 likes this

• 11 months later...

Collector Achievements!

What if you get the certain Booster packs for the all collected cards of the correct element? This is kinda like Bane's idea but it can only be finished once.

Lets say you have all Fire cards collected (non promo) you would recieve depending on how many cards it would be, X Amount of the faction Boosterpack Examples are below.

Stonekin, Twilight, Amii, General, Bandit, Fire, Nature, Frost, Shadow

- Collect all Frost Cards. Earn a Frost Boosterpack.

- Collect all Fire Cards. Earn 2 Fire Boosterpacks.

- Collect all Nature Cards. Earn a Nature Boosterpack.

- Collect all Neutral Cards. Earn 3 General Boosterpacks

and so on. The amount of Boosterpacks as rewards would be your choice of course.

• 2 months later...

Suggestion and personal expansion of the idea from someone in game for cosmetics.
Felt like this is a close enough match to write this down:

A cosmetic...

• displaying the amount of boosters opened
  • displaying the amount of promo cards owned
  • displaying the amount of cards owned
  • for a full collection
  • for a fully charged collection

And my personal favorite:

• a cosmetic for the amount of "Mo" cards owned called "mo mo farm" (diablo 2 reference) 

On 1/10/2021 at 8:47 PM, ShadowXY said:

"This is the way"

Win a rPvE-match 9 or higher with friends (2, 4) with everyone only going T3 max and therefore no T4 units, spells or buildings.

how does enlightenment play here -
just dont build t4 orb or also no elightenment allowed?

Achievements suggestions: 

From port to starboard
Finish the map Ocean on expert difficulty, while using only single type of ground unit and summoning at least one of each 'ship' cards in the game (Ravenheart, Battleship, Corsair). Do not spawn other air units that ships. (As such, Death Ray and Drop Ship allowed, Sunstriders spawned from it don't count towards the single ground unit). 

Squad goals
Finish the map Blight on expert difficulty, with all players only using squad-based units (ie. any unit, that has more than one member). 

Edit: Now that I read the Blight achievement, think I would hate doing that myself, so possibly a bit easier map could be used ^^

Edited by Hrdina_Imperia

• 2 weeks later...

Corporate Downsizing

This achievement is currently "Win 2 different campaign scenarios on expert difficulty with all players in your team using decks containing no more than 5 total cards."

This is a lot of fun and I want more.

I suggest we turn it into a progressive achievement, 2/4/6/8/10

Rewards:
2: Gold (Portrait)
4: Platinum (Portrait)
6: Diamonds (Portrait)
8: Promo Necroblaster or Magma Hurler
10: Frugal Tactician (Title)

Doesn't really matter what the rewards are, though last one should be a title.
Promo Necroblaster or Magma Hurler because they're both strong choices when doing the achievement, especially if you're doing Cheapskate at the same time.

Hrdina_Imperia likes this

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Name: New Game+
Text: Offer your riches to the gods.

Reward: Changes the colour of your name on banner into Skylord Gold.

You would need a new button in the game that activates this achievement. When clicking, all your upgrades get destroyed, and also 4 copies of each card get destroyed, including all promos (so everything except Starter Cards and Snapjaws). All one-time achievements get reset, but not the endless ones, so you still see how many games you played etc. You also retain your Gold and BFP.

(If Ult has too much free time, you could also add a new color menu where you can choose from eight color options or something representing the factions. Alternatively, you could even make the Achievement repeatable - with the colour of changing from silver to gold to platinum etc., but I think that's too much for the economy to bear).

UltDragon likes this

• 5 months later...

Faction related achievements:

1. Complete a match playing 20 or more spells that require sacrifice and at least 1 shadow orb.

2. Complete a match playing 20 or more heal spells that requires at least 1 nature orb.

3. Complete a match playing 20 or more building cards that requires at least 1 frost orb.

4. Complete a match playing 20 or more damage spells that requires at least 1 fire orb.

I like the collector achievements:

On 11/1/2022 at 10:53 AM, BoltyGER said:

Collector Achievements!

What if you get the certain Booster packs for the all collected cards of the correct element? This is kinda like Bane's idea but it can only be finished once.

Lets say you have all Fire cards collected (non promo) you would recieve depending on how many cards it would be, X Amount of the faction Boosterpack Examples are below.

Stonekin, Twilight, Amii, General, Bandit, Fire, Nature, Frost, Shadow

- Collect all Frost Cards. Earn a Frost Boosterpack.

- Collect all Fire Cards. Earn 2 Fire Boosterpacks.

- Collect all Nature Cards. Earn a Nature Boosterpack.

- Collect all Neutral Cards. Earn 3 General Boosterpacks

and so on. The amount of Boosterpacks as rewards would be your choice of course.

On 5/29/2023 at 2:19 AM, Kapo said:

Name: New Game+
Text: Offer your riches to the gods.

Reward: Changes the colour of your name on banner into Skylord Gold.

You would need a new button in the game that activates this achievement. When clicking, all your upgrades get destroyed, and also 4 copies of each card get destroyed, including all promos (so everything except Starter Cards and Snapjaws). All one-time achievements get reset, but not the endless ones, so you still see how many games you played etc. You also retain your Gold and BFP.

(If Ult has too much free time, you could also add a new color menu where you can choose from eight color options or something representing the factions. Alternatively, you could even make the Achievement repeatable - with the colour of changing from silver to gold to platinum etc., but I think that's too much for the economy to bear).

We are reserving colored name for GMs.

What could be done is animated effects, like a gold shine or lightning like border.

Edited by UltDragon