Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Sign in to follow this  
Evilhero

Upgrade Cards for Tier 3

This would pretty much shut down the vast majority of the PvP community, who may not be interested in farming expert PvE maps and random chances. This will make it far more time-consuming and tedious to get a deck to level 120 (from which PvP is supposed to be balanced), which is already a major issue as it is.

Also, tokens will stop existing, it will end up being gold only.

20 hours ago, MrXLink said:

(from which PvP is supposed to be balanced), which is already a major issue as it is

@MrXLink Would it be possible to build in the opportunity to lower your cards before the match just temporarily(Or force people to lower their deck level to their opponents level)? So at least in matches between friends they are balanced.

I wanted the players to be involved in the whole game in this pve.

My suggestion only applies to Tier 3, so pvp players would have access to upgrade Tier 1 and 2 normally.

The difference betwen Tier 2 and 3 is not big (balance in the game saved)

@Evilhero
The difference between U2 and U3 is actually massive. The game has been completely PvP balanced around U3 cards, meaning all lower-upgrade cards have been ignored in terms of balance in general, and don't even compare to each other properly. In other words, the balance wouldn't be saved, it would be obstructed and force PvP players to play the hardest difficulty of PvE maps just so they can play PvP at a balanced level. I feel this is greatly unfair and we try to stimulate players to play different game modes through our Daily Quest system. It allows for a flexible way of approaching the game that will stimulate the players to play different game modes but they can also choose not to and play their own mode for a lower bonus. This is honestly as fair and stimulating as we can make it; we don't want to force people to play different modes, we want to encourage them to.

@samsim100

That would be really unfair towards all the work and strategies PvP players have established around getting the upgrades they absolutely need. Some cards gain whole new abilities through it, that would be stripped away by your suggestion. How to determine what cards go down in level would not only be hard to do, but also feel horribly unfair and disappointing.

@MrXLink And doing it as a option. So if you see your deck is way to strong you could chose the upgrade tier of every card by your own will(only downgrade it not upgrade in pvp)? So if you want a fair balanced match against someone you have the oportunity, at least for me it would be pretty nice to have such a function

That would require a whole new interface, upgrades to be retained after removing them, and some kind of determination as to what is considered to be too strong. Not only is it still horribly unbalanced anyway due to downgrading, but it's also a huge amount of work to get such a feature in real-time, while if you really want a fair match in sparring grounds, you can remove upgrades yourself if you wish. The only problem is that they are not retained if you do so. So don't count on anything like that in the future.

@MrXLinkYeah i understand that i know it´s hard work what you are doing i assume i was that impressed of your work that i ignored this fact. So i will just keep that in mind and maybe some day you will have some spare time then i will remember your team :D thanks anyway nice to see that you dev´s keep replying and thinking about improvements already thank you so much