The best color for PVP?

fenixfiress

First of all: what ppl will tell you here, will just be their personal opinions. No empirically observed data or sth.

U wanna know the best colour for noobs? The easiest to win with? Cuz they are pretty good balanced actually. You can win with every colour if you are a good player. It depends on your personal playing experience... Maybe, if you used the deck of the number 1 best bf player ever, you would still lose, cuz it's just not your style, or you can't handle such difficult strategies, yet. And of corse some colours are the best choice against other colours, but they will still have weaknesses against some other colours.

Long story short: Just play pvp and gather some experience, so you will learn what's the "best colour" for you, or just copy strategies of some better players, which will maybe be more successfull, but less fun.

There are already several topics here, which could help you forging an opinion: Like this and this.

If you don't wanna read or think, but just collect some opinions: I've had the best results playing fire or shadow, back then.

Eirias and Metagross31 like this

I'm going for a more defensive Blue Green type of deck that supports the common damage oriented decks and playstyles for pvp. There will be a good amount of Zerg Rushy type of strategies and decks but if I can support and defend my teammate enough for him/her to scale through the altars and orbs. The beauty in having the game be so new is that many unique decks and play styles will clash on the battlefield with the exception of the beta players (Jealous of those closed beta players). It may be a bad approach coming into the game back from scratch but in most MOBA's that I've played SC1 SC2 AOE2 AOE3, pvp players will try to rush and tear down eco players asap and in some of the streams, I've seen greedy eco players punished trying to cap altars and orbs too quick.

Red and Black are corrupted and twisted beings, having lost all of their connections to Him (Hallowed by thy name). Thus thou shalt not seek to side with these abominations.
The answer lies in the strong and still gentle grip of Green, the sturdy and brave Blue or the Stonekin, who combine the best of both elements. 

Edited by Kazayrian
Demiron likes this

Same question as "Which is stronger, Rock Paper or Scissors?"

In all fairness, in T1 it mainly comes down to skill level as it is fairly well balanced.

Check out this thread for more detail on weakness and strengths of certain decks and colours. 

There is a whole PvP subforum dedicated to threads like this :)

Navarr and Luki like this

7 hours ago, Necrospaz said:

Same question as "Which is stronger, Rock Paper or Scissors?"

In all fairness, in T1 it mainly comes down to skill level as it is fairly well balanced.

Check out this thread for more detail on weakness and strengths of certain decks and colours. 

There is a whole PvP subforum dedicated to threads like this :)

Agree, however frost has some disadvantages in certain maps because no swift units T1.

Personal preference used to be Pure Shadow or Lost Souls both in PVP and PVE.

I think that there isnt really a strongest element in the game as they all have their pros and cons and in the end there is always a counter for everything. Its more personal preference in my opinion.

But if i had to pick an element that is the strongest for PVP i would probably say that its Fire.

The elements are pretty balanced as far as i can remember so its hard to say that there is such a thing as strongest element.

I prefered every frost splash. The power of defense and protect was awesome. 

Overall i would say fire/nature & lost souls are the best decks with the least weakness but

everyone should play what he likes. Thats the best way to get better 

• 2 months later...

I've been toying with an idea for quite a while now:  I think a deck's strength depends a lot on your skill level and the skill level of your opponents.

For example, stonekin. A lot of mid-to-lower ranked players struggle against stonekin because the knockback is too difficult to deal with. Getting around razorshards is really micro-intensive, and if you're playing below the skill level where your opponents can micro around it, the deck is super strong.

Another example: pure fire is extremely powerful against mid-ranked players, because the strategy is simple: attack. If you lose the attack, you lose. If you win the attack, you win. You're never really in doubt about what the right decision is. (Pure Fire is also a top-tier deck at the highest levels, but that's when you're good enough to play a super aggressive t1).

Pure frost is also very strong against mid-ranked players, because most players below Legend rank are not very aggressive in t1. Since aggressive t1 players are frost's biggest weakness, the metagame improves the faction.

IMO, fire-nature is very strong in lower levels and high levels, but has some weaknesses in upper middle levels. At low levels, the fire nature player can just attack and because it's a fairly offensive deck, the attack usually succeeds. Once you start to play mostly Lost Souls players (around legend, and a few ranks below), the deck is weak because LS outscales FN, so you need control of the game starting in t1.

Lost Souls is probably the best deck at all skill levels. It's super versatile and can be played in many styles. "Turtling" is very, very effective against most midranked (and lower) opponents (unless this opponent is trying to play a super aggressive deck). The deck's defenses are good at all levels. The t3 scaling is incredible, with cards like timeless one, grigori, and shield building. At mid ranks, surviving until t3, then playing a bunch of churches of negation and timing out your opponent is a very powerful strategy (that doesn't work at all against top opponents).

In high elo, Pure Fire and LS are objectively the best 2 decks, mainly cuz they dont have a lot of disadvantageous matchups.

FN, pFrost, pNature, pShadow and SN are very viable but will have a hard time with some matchups. Stonekin and Fire/Frost can be good because they work pretty well vs meta decks + have a slight suprise factor. Also some tactics like ice shield spam are good to catch inexperienced players off guard.