3 - Crash on caracter creation, reloged with random avatar

Jothah

SERVER: Launcher Kubik Server

NAME: Crash on caracter creation, reloged with random avatar
SEVERITY: 3
REPRODUCIBILITY: Could not reporduce as each player can only do this once.
DESCRIPTION: I logged in for the first time and had to pick a caracter name and avatar. I choose as normal and also ticked the box for the tutorial tips. Then I clicked the continue/finish button and after a few secs of freeze it crashed me. When I reloged I didnt have to go through the caracter creation and it loged me directly into the forge. My caracter name was correct but the avatar wasnt, I didnt even know that avatar was an option.
SCREENSHOT: Sorry I had no idea it was a crash when it happened... But I picked razorleaf avatar and got this random avatar now.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I asked around and only azta had the same problem. Maybe it has to do with ticking the tutorial tips box? If there is no fix, I'd suggest lowering the price of avatar change for the open beta.

Interestingly, I didn't crash during character creation, but have also has my avatar changed. I chose the Ashbone Pyro one and now have a very cool looking skeleton with massive shoulderpads instead.

Description for my occurrence: Logged in for the first time, set up a profile, then character name and avatar, did not tick the tutorial box and continued happily on into the Forge. Bought a few booster packs and then went afk and closed my laptop. Came back to find the game frozen (as expected when leaving online games running and closing a laptop) so closed the window to exit the game. Logged back in to find a new avatar on my profile.

Could the avatar change be related to not correctly logging out the first time you play?

Edit - also notice my rank has changed to Prime, is that just a beta feature or is it related?

Edited by Archeon
BurningWorld and Jothah like this

On 5/31/2018 at 11:16 PM, Jothah said:

SERVER: Launcher Kubik Server

NAME: Crash on caracter creation, reloged with random avatar
SEVERITY: 3
REPRODUCIBILITY: Could not reporduce as each player can only do this once.
DESCRIPTION: I logged in for the first time and had to pick a caracter name and avatar. I choose as normal and also ticked the box for the tutorial tips. Then I clicked the continue/finish button and after a few secs of freeze it crashed me. When I reloged I didnt have to go through the caracter creation and it loged me directly into the forge. My caracter name was correct but the avatar wasnt, I didnt even know that avatar was an option.
SCREENSHOT: Sorry I had no idea it was a crash when it happened... But I picked razorleaf avatar and got this random avatar now.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I asked around and only azta had the same problem. Maybe it has to do with ticking the tutorial tips box? If there is no fix, I'd suggest lowering the price of avatar change for the open beta.

https://forum.skylords.eu/uploads/monthly_2018_06/687157433_InLoadingWithGhostPlayer.png.30788c746f5f1d5f74404186ac5b7608.png
Did you get this avatar? If yes: I'm pretty sure that's just an older artwork for Razorleaf.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, Archeon said:

Interestingly, I didn't crash during character creation, but have also has my avatar changed. I chose the Ashbone Pyro one and now have a very cool looking skeleton with massive shoulderpads instead.

Description for my occurrence: Logged in for the first time, set up a profile, then character name and avatar, did not tick the tutorial box and continued happily on into the Forge. Bought a few booster packs and then went afk and closed my laptop. Came back to find the game frozen (as expected when leaving online games running and closing a laptop) so closed the window to exit the game. Logged back in to find a new avatar on my profile.

Could the avatar change be related to not correctly logging out the first time you play?

Edit - also notice my rank has changed to Prime, is that just a beta feature or is it related?

Did you experience this on Kubik's local server? He used different servers for today's tests.

12 minutes ago, John said:

https://forum.skylords.eu/uploads/monthly_2018_06/687157433_InLoadingWithGhostPlayer.png.30788c746f5f1d5f74404186ac5b7608.png
Did you get this avatar? If yes: I'm pretty sure that's just an older artwork for Razorleaf.

Did you experience this on Kubik's local server? He used different servers for today's tests.

Oh thats interesting, still it isnt the one I picked.

And I experienced it on the official one, 2 nights ago...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use