Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Sign in to follow this  
Razor656

"Noob" Question

Hey guys the reason why i make this post is when bf was still around i was a big time pvp noob and i hope that some of the better pvp players can give me some insight. Lately i watched a lot of pvp replays from different sources and the all have almost the same cards which makes sens that you only use the best ones anyways Here is my question

Why dont u use buildings like thermite hill and voodoo shack i remember when i played pvp a bit i got rekt by them couse i had no idea how to counter it.

I wanna say thanks beforehand :deck:

As you said you got rekt by those cards because you didnt know how to counter them - that doesn't mean there are no counters - I'd suggest reading some guides on these issues:

You can also sign up for an apprentice ship here:

Razor656 likes this

Voodoo Shack is a t3 card for fire or fire-hybrid decks which needs 2 fire orbs. If you want do destroy buildings as a fire player (and remember noone builds something like a defensivefirtificated area) you simply use firedancers for that purpose. Also im not entirely sure if the voodoo shack can even target orbs/wells.

The termite hill is way better because its

a) only 1 fire + 1 random monument and

b) can target monuments and wells (remember its a cone shaped area) and will destroy or at least severely damage them within one activation.

I saw some bf pvp videos (for example FarRock does some good stuff, hes explaining a lot) where one player uses the termite hill. Never saw someone building a voodoo shack.

Razor656 likes this

Voodoo Shack & Termite Hill are both quite powerful, but unreliable choices. 

Termite Hill requires support in form of cc or building protection in order to work. Therefore Bandits & pure Fire don't make any use of that card. Fire Nature has slot issues, so you will have to remove one important card of your deck, which will hurt your general deck balance. So you can play termite hill in Fire Frost, but you require map rng to make good use of it. Without cliffs who naturally protect your buildings, there is next to no way to make the combo work against strong players. Therefore most people prefer Mountaineer in this deck as a siege unit, since he has no rng aspects. Anyways Termite Hill isn't that bad of a choice up to mid elo ranges, because it makes people panic alot, which leads to very good trades for you. I encountered alot of people who immediatly errupted any Termite hill they've seen, which is always a good trade for me, since Termite Hill is way cheaper than an Eruption. 

Voodoo Shack is great as a card, but has almost the same problem. Pure Fire doesn't need a base nuke, Juggernaut is powerful as hell, Bandits is stronger with 2 Shadow Orbs in T3, Fire Nature can't afford the deck slot, so you can just play it in a Fire Frost T3. I would argue that it's viable here, because it is definitely a good choice against all these double Frost splashes and it's spammable, since 50 power is almost nothing in the T3 stage. In addition to that there are more buildings taken, therefore there is a higher chance to get a great cliff position to build up your building, while distracting your opponent at othere bases. Especially in combination with Giant Slayers Voodoo Shack allows you to play a really aggressive T3, that even works against the double Frost splash meta decks. 

Treim, Razor656, Eirias and 1 other like this

A few months ago, I have written a guide for newer players, it's a little long, but you do not need to remember everything right away ;)

Generally, I recommend to take a look at a lot of good guides in the forum. And welcome to PvP :)

Razor656 likes this

I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge beforehand before bf starts so i have a good start i will definitely reading this guide

40 minutes ago, Morathyls said:

Just watch this, the winner of this match is the best PVP'er I've ever met. Watch and learn.

That's a real good showing of skills and timing.  Wowzers

Morathyls likes this

On 5/18/2018 at 2:16 AM, Swanea said:

That's a real good showing of skills and timing.  Wowzers

You make me blush...

But for reals tho, the guy did some real good commentary PVP vids back in the day. If you're bored waiting, give them a watch.

Just to add on to what @RadicalX said, termite hill and voodoo shack are potentially more useful in 2v2, where more options are available, power levels are higher, and deck slots can sometimes be looser because your teammate can support a particular weakness.

I usually played fire-nature (I guess I used termite hill in 1v1 when I was a beginner and didn't have better cards), but iirc I played 2v2 with a pure frost or stonekin player sometimes (idk, maybe it was even @Morathyls :) ). In that deck we tried some crazy combinations with buildings so he ran warden's sigil, and I'd try around with mortar, termite hill, twilight bombard, tower of flames, etc. I may have occasionally gone fire-shadow, too.

Even/especially in 2v2, there are stronger options than voodoo shack/ termite hill, but they are probably underrated and you can catch opponents by surprise by using these buildings. However, they are fun to play around with and useful if you don't have better cards. Just because they are not as strong as another option, doesn't mean it's not playable!

Razor656 likes this

On 5/19/2018 at 6:54 AM, Morathyls said:

You make me blush...

But for reals tho, the guy did some real good commentary PVP vids back in the day. If you're bored waiting, give them a watch.

Thank you good sir.