Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Sign in to follow this  
gubaguy

You know why i cant wait for open beta?

Because i am so sick and tired of all the RNG bullshit in nearly every game i play now.  And the solution to this problem isnt "Just play something else" becuase theres ALWAYS a hidden layer of RNG in nearly everything, every game has some hidden RNG elements to it.  But heres the breakdown as it is now:

I quit playing LoL becuase power creep was off the charts, and people were winning games based entirely on whoever got first blood, which was based on the random chance on hit runes and random crit.

I quit, then got back into, and am about to re-quit hearthstone (after dumping $70 on the new set), because RNG was THROUGH THE ROOF, you could play 100% perfectly around your opponent, only for them to drop a card that creates a random card, that generates 5 new random cards that arent even in their class that are IMPOSSIBLE to play around and instantly lose the game from 30 HP.  Now its all aggro based entirely on whatever is in the mulligan, combo that takes 10 hours to finish and again relies on random effects are random sequencing, and bullshit arena runs where even though i had a perfect draw, played perfectly, and kept perfect control my opponent topdecks 3 wraths in a row and wins the game out of nowhere.  Added to this issue is the relience on legendaries, in my $70 i spent i got 3, and one freebie for the new set, all trash legends, meaning i CANT play competative, or win games, making it even hard to get cards without spending money, which i refuse to do now becuase i already spent $70 i could have used to buy 30 games on steam.  Screw hearthstone.

POE, path of exile, is literally ALL RNG.  RNG based drops, each drop has an RNG based stat system, bosses and enemies do a random amount of damage (like really actually, EVERY weapon and attack in game has "Deals between X-X damage" Meaning if you dont get lucky and hit top end damage you are going to die, plus the new league is a clusterf*** of RNG, half of the POE reddit is people complaining and the devs are too busy cramming MTX down everyones throats and dont care about the massive loss of players.  To give you a vague idea of how bad endgame RNG is in POE, you have to find 15 memory fragments, that can only spawn in the hardest endgame maps, which are so rare that you get maybe 1 every 3 you run, you have to have a MINIMUM of 20 completed in order to spawn the bosses that drop the memories, AND in order to fight the final boss you need a MINIMUM of 8 of the same T16 maps (the highest tier) which are SO RARE that i have only completed 4 of them, WITHOUT the 15 memory fragments, meaning i still need another 8 AND i havnt been able to complete the 20 maps i need, and cant afford to buy them in game because my luck is SO BAD i dont get returns for running endgame maps.  People will claim i jsut need to grind more, but if you play POE heres my RNG: Ive run over 600 shaped triple sextanted burial chambers maps, will full windripper MF (around 70 quant or so), and i have not found a SINGLE doctor card.  If you play POE you KNOW what that means, and you KNOW how shit that is.

Im in a fued with eternal, its far less RNG based, but still has RNG, and i have been getting paired up agaisnt all aggro decks nonstop and not drawwing ANY of my board wipes, i actually havnt played in 2 weeks beucase after 6 hours i lsot count of how many games i lost due to facing aggro and not getting removal.  Its stupid.

And thats jsut a few games ive had it with.  With battleforge (sorry, skylords reborn) i know that progression is fairly linear, and even though there will be RNG i know the RNG can be converted in points/gold/whatever and used to upgrade the stuff i already have, so even bad RNG can be used to progress, and grinding can ease the poor RNG.  And because grinding is easy, and will get easier the more i do it i can easily get over the bad RNG in game.

so i cant wait for beta, becuase i am so tired of RNG bullshit games, and battleforge was never an RNG based game.

Ruben, Eirias and LagOps like this

1 hour ago, gubaguy said:

Because i am so sick and tired of all the RNG bullshit in nearly every game i play now.  And the solution to this problem isnt "Just play something else" becuase theres ALWAYS a hidden layer of RNG in nearly everything, every game has some hidden RNG elements to it.  But heres the breakdown as it is now:

I quit playing LoL becuase power creep was off the charts, and people were winning games based entirely on whoever got first blood, which was based on the random chance on hit runes and random crit.

I quit, then got back into, and am about to re-quit hearthstone (after dumping $70 on the new set), because RNG was THROUGH THE ROOF, you could play 100% perfectly around your opponent, only for them to drop a card that creates a random card, that generates 5 new random cards that arent even in their class that are IMPOSSIBLE to play around and instantly lose the game from 30 HP.  Now its all aggro based entirely on whatever is in the mulligan, combo that takes 10 hours to finish and again relies on random effects are random sequencing, and bullshit arena runs where even though i had a perfect draw, played perfectly, and kept perfect control my opponent topdecks 3 wraths in a row and wins the game out of nowhere.  Added to this issue is the relience on legendaries, in my $70 i spent i got 3, and one freebie for the new set, all trash legends, meaning i CANT play competative, or win games, making it even hard to get cards without spending money, which i refuse to do now becuase i already spent $70 i could have used to buy 30 games on steam.  Screw hearthstone.

And thats jsut a few games ive had it with.  With battleforge (sorry, skylords reborn) i know that progression is fairly linear, and even though there will be RNG i know the RNG can be converted in points/gold/whatever and used to upgrade the stuff i already have, so even bad RNG can be used to progress, and grinding can ease the poor RNG.  And because grinding is easy, and will get easier the more i do it i can easily get over the bad RNG in game.

so i cant wait for beta, becuase i am so tired of RNG bullshit games, and battleforge was never an RNG based game.

Okay so first of all it is nice to hear that you are so happy to Play battleforge/skylords when it's up but still i have a (quite negative) opinion to your post.

I cut PoE and that other game u mentioned last because i dont know them very well and can only say Little about it.

Anyways i wanna take a comment on your description of LoL and Hearthstone being full RNG (especially Arena in hearthstone) because i think you are just really frustrated of getting beaten by Players better than you rather than the game being full RNG

1. LoL is in my opinion little to no luck (rng) needed if you take away the matchmaking and Performance of your teammates because that's always "random". But on average your teammates also should be on an equal skilllevel to yours.

New rune System (but also previous one) has nothing to do with RNG. also : you choose them yourself! so if you dont like them, Change them in a way you like them.

The only Thing with the previous runes where it Comes to RNG was critchance. And lets be honest : no Champion except Tryndamere and Yasuo would run a lot of critchance.

Also i dont quite understand how firstblood would win a game. A good Player could hold a lane even/Little lost when his enemy got firstblood. Then it is up to your Team (jungler) etc to Show how they perform. Firstblood basicly benefits one Player only with a good amount of starting Gold, but there are so many mistakes that can possibly be made to just make up for that, so since LoL is almost purely skillbased the better Team will win in the end no matter who got firstblood.

2. Hearthstone. I agree that there are a lot of RNG mechanics in Hearthstone. I mean the fact that it's a cardgame and you have to draw Cards makes it impossible to not have RNG in it.

But wait, there's more! Once again it seems to me like you are just raging because you cant handle aggro for example or expect aggro decks to win to a good draw by control decks. If Hearthstone wasnt RNG you would win 100% of the games with the "best" deck if you are the best Player.

But now it Comes to the part which i have to disagree completely with : ARENA. As a (almost only) Arena Player i wanted to let you know that a game like this could happen but it surely isnt normal. Yeah even if you picked the best Cards you could've gotten and played the best possible way it is possible to lose the match. but thats mostly the case at 9-11 wins. not at early rounds.

I don't call myself a really good Player but i have experience in Arena and i manage to get 5-7 wins in almost any run. and 7 wins gives you atleast your Gold back + a "free" cardpack.

What i want to say with this is that i think you are overreacting and badmouthing games that don't deserve it. It takes lots of skill to be really good in These games and if you are not good you blame it on the RNG cause that's easier for you to take than to say to yourself that you're not good enough for what you want to achieve.

Take a step back and recflect on yourself if it was your Performance that lost those matches or completely RNG and you could do nothing about it like your Hands were cuffed. I think the answer is quite obvious.

All in all take this more as an advice, than an Insult (because i didnt mean to Insult you) because i would tell this to everyone (if i had the time to) who complains about luck in These games. I have a lot of friends who like to complain about the enemy being lucky and i see it as the new trend instead of saying "damn, i think i missplayed this".

Might I recommend chess? :kappa:

I'm in the same boat. Not a fan of RNG. There's definitely an element of RNG in competitive games (for instance poker) and I think you'd find that Hearthstone is actually a game that rewards better skilled player, given enough interactions (i.e. given the same cards after a few hundred games, the better player will have a better winrate). And there's skill to that too--but imo games that rely on optimization/probability calculations that prove a skill gap over many iterations (and computers can probably play "perfectly") don't have the same magic as purely competitive games.

For example, computers cannot play chess perfectly. A human will lose to a computer every time (with a few exceptions), but the computer program built next year will beat today's. But for example, card games (like blackjack, for example) can be played perfectly by a bot now by calculating all the probabilities. The probabilities don't change, so the skill cap for perfect play is very small.

But anyway, hit me up if you want to play chess, shogi, or smash, because those games have little to no RNG (in competitive play, for smash). Or if you know other non-RNG games (because battleforge is great but no one is on at this hour :) )

LagOps likes this

30 minutes ago, rittindentod said:

Okay so first of all it is nice to hear that you are so happy to Play battleforge/skylords when it's up but still i have a (quite negative) opinion to your post.

I cut PoE and that other game u mentioned last because i dont know them very well and can only say Little about it.

Anyways i wanna take a comment on your description of LoL and Hearthstone being full RNG (especially Arena in hearthstone) because i think you are just really frustrated of getting beaten by Players better than you rather than the game being full RNG

1. LoL is in my opinion little to no luck (rng) needed if you take away the matchmaking and Performance of your teammates because that's always "random". But on average your teammates also should be on an equal skilllevel to yours.

New rune System (but also previous one) has nothing to do with RNG. also : you choose them yourself! so if you dont like them, Change them in a way you like them.

The only Thing with the previous runes where it Comes to RNG was critchance. And lets be honest : no Champion except Tryndamere and Yasuo would run a lot of critchance.

Also i dont quite understand how firstblood would win a game. A good Player could hold a lane even/Little lost when his enemy got firstblood. Then it is up to your Team (jungler) etc to Show how they perform. Firstblood basicly benefits one Player only with a good amount of starting Gold, but there are so many mistakes that can possibly be made to just make up for that, so since LoL is almost purely skillbased the better Team will win in the end no matter who got firstblood.

2. Hearthstone. I agree that there are a lot of RNG mechanics in Hearthstone. I mean the fact that it's a cardgame and you have to draw Cards makes it impossible to not have RNG in it.

But wait, there's more! Once again it seems to me like you are just raging because you cant handle aggro for example or expect aggro decks to win to a good draw by control decks. If Hearthstone wasnt RNG you would win 100% of the games with the "best" deck if you are the best Player.

But now it Comes to the part which i have to disagree completely with : ARENA. As a (almost only) Arena Player i wanted to let you know that a game like this could happen but it surely isnt normal. Yeah even if you picked the best Cards you could've gotten and played the best possible way it is possible to lose the match. but thats mostly the case at 9-11 wins. not at early rounds.

I don't call myself a really good Player but i have experience in Arena and i manage to get 5-7 wins in almost any run. and 7 wins gives you atleast your Gold back + a "free" cardpack.

What i want to say with this is that i think you are overreacting and badmouthing games that don't deserve it. It takes lots of skill to be really good in These games and if you are not good you blame it on the RNG cause that's easier for you to take than to say to yourself that you're not good enough for what you want to achieve.

Take a step back and recflect on yourself if it was your Performance that lost those matches or completely RNG and you could do nothing about it like your Hands were cuffed. I think the answer is quite obvious.

All in all take this more as an advice, than an Insult (because i didnt mean to Insult you) because i would tell this to everyone (if i had the time to) who complains about luck in These games. I have a lot of friends who like to complain about the enemy being lucky and i see it as the new trend instead of saying "damn, i think i missplayed this".

The new rune system introduced a rune that gave free items and gold on auto attacks, and interaction that broke ezreal in half, then while he was dominating games the response to him was to nerf the runes attack range buff, which had 0 impact on ez becuase he proc'd it off his Q ability, which was NOT an auto attack (also his Q proc's other abilities as well, like hydra a MELEE ONLY weapon, same with GP's RANGED Q ability)  As for why first blood wins games, they nerfed towers so hard that getting first blood in the first 5 minutes of the game meant losing a tower, or even worse, the opponent being 2-3 levesl over you by the time you go back to lane, causing them to snowball out of control.  Nothing like getting first blooded by a pantheon, then being dove at levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...  Thats RNG.  Not to mention his random Q crit and aery combo.  And thats jsut to name a FEW champions.

As for hearthstone, my last arena deck was shaman, i dont remember the full list, but i had 2 earth elementals, 3 lightning storms, 2 zap!, 2 abusive seargents, and 1 bonemare.  The last game i played i had COMPLETE board control, all of my minions were too big to die to removal, i was at 20+life, double earth elementals in play.  Opponent randomed into back to back blizzards off their topdeck, into a bonemare on a earth elemental they copied from a copy of a card that discovered a taunt minion that coulnt be targeted by spells...   Theres no skill in using layer after layer after layer of RNG to WIN A GAME.  He LUCKED into an impossible answer, he did not have ANY answers in his deck, and instead found a roundabout way to literally cheat himself one.  In MTG, and even eternal you and rig the game in your favor, using tutors and draw spells, as well as building the deck to suit all possible issues, but in hearthstone you jsut lucksac into 3 removals off a tome because sure, skill.  You totaly planned that skillful play when you RANDOMLY got the EXACT spell you needed.  Hearthstone is not a game of skill, its a game of having a bigger wallet and being lucky.

And, i didnt even mention my OTHER game, in which i had to sit through 45 minutes of shudderwock animations, only to die to a 600 double damage cthun cast.  totaly skill there, so skillful to play a card that mkes you unkillable and instawins you the game.

39 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Might I recommend chess? :kappa:

I'm in the same boat. Not a fan of RNG. There's definitely an element of RNG in competitive games (for instance poker) and I think you'd find that Hearthstone is actually a game that rewards better skilled player, given enough interactions (i.e. given the same cards after a few hundred games, the better player will have a better winrate). And there's skill to that too--but imo games that rely on optimization/probability calculations that prove a skill gap over many iterations (and computers can probably play "perfectly") don't have the same magic as purely competitive games.

For example, computers cannot play chess perfectly. A human will lose to a computer every time (with a few exceptions), but the computer program built next year will beat today's. But for example, card games (like blackjack, for example) can be played perfectly by a bot now by calculating all the probabilities. The probabilities don't change, so the skill cap for perfect play is very small.

But anyway, hit me up if you want to play chess, shogi, or smash, because those games have little to no RNG (in competitive play, for smash). Or if you know other non-RNG games (because battleforge is great but no one is on at this hour :) )

You act like jsut anyone is allowd to play right now, in reality its a select few, meanwhile the rest of us have to sit here and watch while you all stream and post videos of a game no one else gets to play, check your privilege at the door when you start saying things like "no one is on at this hour"

16 minutes ago, gubaguy said:

The new rune system introduced a rune that gave free items and gold on auto attacks, and interaction that broke ezreal in half, then while he was dominating games the response to him was to nerf the runes attack range buff, which had 0 impact on ez becuase he proc'd it off his Q ability, which was NOT an auto attack (also his Q proc's other abilities as well, like hydra a MELEE ONLY weapon, same with GP's RANGED Q ability)  As for why first blood wins games, they nerfed towers so hard that getting first blood in the first 5 minutes of the game meant losing a tower, or even worse, the opponent being 2-3 levesl over you by the time you go back to lane, causing them to snowball out of control.  Nothing like getting first blooded by a pantheon, then being dove at levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...  Thats RNG.  Not to mention his random Q crit and aery combo.  And thats jsut to name a FEW champions.

As for hearthstone, my last arena deck was shaman, i dont remember the full list, but i had 2 earth elementals, 3 lightning storms, 2 zap!, 2 abusive seargents, and 1 bonemare.  The last game i played i had COMPLETE board control, all of my minions were too big to die to removal, i was at 20+life, double earth elementals in play.  Opponent randomed into back to back blizzards off their topdeck, into a bonemare on a earth elemental they copied from a copy of a card that discovered a taunt minion that coulnt be targeted by spells...   Theres no skill in using layer after layer after layer of RNG to WIN A GAME.  He LUCKED into an impossible answer, he did not have ANY answers in his deck, and instead found a roundabout way to literally cheat himself one.  In MTG, and even eternal you and rig the game in your favor, using tutors and draw spells, as well as building the deck to suit all possible issues, but in hearthstone you jsut lucksac into 3 removals off a tome because sure, skill.  You totaly planned that skillful play when you RANDOMLY got the EXACT spell you needed.  Hearthstone is not a game of skill, its a game of having a bigger wallet and being lucky.

And, i didnt even mention my OTHER game, in which i had to sit through 45 minutes of shudderwock animations, only to die to a 600 double damage cthun cast.  totaly skill there, so skillful to play a card that mkes you unkillable and instawins you the game.

Okay so i didn't think about cleptomancy which for sure speaks for RNG. On the other Hand it got nerfed though so it's really not that powerfull early on. Additionally Ezreal has to HIT YOU with his q to proc it, meaning ist not just free loot or something. he has to "outplay" you.

And even if it wasnt nerfed by now a rune doesnt make you a better Player. Or are you going to tell me cleptomancy ezreal on a Gold elo Player would win every lane against a platinum adc who doesnt Play cleptomancy ezreal ?

On the firstblood part as i already mentioned above : a good Player wont feed his lane Opponent just because that one got firstblood. sure you might lose some cs, some exp and maybe the turret. But what you Forget is that you also could have help by your jungler at this Point of the time because LoL isnt a simple 1v1 game. Additionally its not "RNG" that someone gets firstblood before laning starts. its your Team misplaying if it dies to a jungle invade (for example).

Now lets skip to hearthstone : As i mentioned earlier and you just stated it again you are talking about 1 single match. 1 single match that u were overrun by RNG. Even though i cannot see how the game went i am sure it wasnt impossible to Play around one or another Card (maybe not flooding the board completely etc).

What i would like to Point out aswell is that unlike you said it is not a game of bigger wallet, neither of being lucky. How else would you explain to yourself that the so called pro Players Keep hitting legend every season with different decks. And now please don't say that other Players don't have to Cards to participate. they do, they just Play worse.

Please Focus on your mistakes in such games rather than looking for a cheap excuse like "all rng q.q only stupid games" because thats ridiculous.

24 minutes ago, gubaguy said:

You act like jsut anyone is allowd to play right now, in reality its a select few, meanwhile the rest of us have to sit here and watch while you all stream and post videos of a game no one else gets to play, check your privilege at the door when you start saying things like "no one is on at this hour"

Erm, I meant in general. There was something like 29 people online when I wrote that comment. When it's out, I expect something similar. Not need for such hostility. I was just trying to be friendly.

I wasn't bragging about my ability to play because the game right now not "playable" for me either. We're testers and in the past, when development was slower because of other things, we had time to play. Now, with a combination of the changing server state (due to good development progress), my time zone, and my insane school schedule, I haven't actually "played" a real game of battleforge since January.

8 minutes ago, rittindentod said:

Even though i cannot see how the game went i am sure it wasnt impossible to Play around one or another Card (maybe not flooding the board completely etc)

Not that I'm disagreeing with RNG only affecting one game not being a big deal (I play hearthstone very casually so I don't really mind, but I'm not interested in competitive play, for this reason among others), I've totally seen some games turn around because of RNG, in ways that you can't play around. Just as an example that comes to mind easily, the recently-removed Barnes could pull Y'shaarj into Y'shaarj by the end of turn 3 (with a coin). Or there was one time I played against taunt quest warrior and, despite my full board to keep his fireballs out of my face, he managed to hit face 3 times in a row. Or what if Blingtron is played and you get cursed blade and now you're at lethal? That's not typical--I just want to point out that sometimes the things that can happen are dumb and you can't just play around them...

I semi disagree on the Path of Exile part, yes there is a lot of rng in that game but a lot is fairly consistent, if you die because you didn't get a lucky hit or the enemy did get one then you're character just isn't good. And to me rng in loot is fun as long as it stays limited, You get a consistent amount of currency just by playing and its the best feeling in the world getting an expensive item drop. Yes there are some gambling currency things you can do like running breach domains or elder shaper but you can choose to do that, its not like you're forced into it.

Other then that I kinda hated this league aswell, didn't even reach tier 10 maps and got burned out quickly and I do think its stupid the endgame is gated behind RNG and you need to get a lucky spawn to be able to even complete the main quest but since that is the end of the end game I doubt more then 1% of the playerbase reaches it and if they do they most of them time are dedicated enough to do a couple more tries.

11 hours ago, rittindentod said:

Okay so i didn't think about cleptomancy which for sure speaks for RNG. On the other Hand it got nerfed though so it's really not that powerfull early on. Additionally Ezreal has to HIT YOU with his q to proc it, meaning ist not just free loot or something. he has to "outplay" you.

And even if it wasnt nerfed by now a rune doesnt make you a better Player. Or are you going to tell me cleptomancy ezreal on a Gold elo Player would win every lane against a platinum adc who doesnt Play cleptomancy ezreal ?

On the firstblood part as i already mentioned above : a good Player wont feed his lane Opponent just because that one got firstblood. sure you might lose some cs, some exp and maybe the turret. But what you Forget is that you also could have help by your jungler at this Point of the time because LoL isnt a simple 1v1 game. Additionally its not "RNG" that someone gets firstblood before laning starts. its your Team misplaying if it dies to a jungle invade (for example).

Now lets skip to hearthstone : As i mentioned earlier and you just stated it again you are talking about 1 single match. 1 single match that u were overrun by RNG. Even though i cannot see how the game went i am sure it wasnt impossible to Play around one or another Card (maybe not flooding the board completely etc).

What i would like to Point out aswell is that unlike you said it is not a game of bigger wallet, neither of being lucky. How else would you explain to yourself that the so called pro Players Keep hitting legend every season with different decks. And now please don't say that other Players don't have to Cards to participate. they do, they just Play worse.

Please Focus on your mistakes in such games rather than looking for a cheap excuse like "all rng q.q only stupid games" because thats ridiculous.

Mages have a dozen spells that add RANDOM spells to their hand, evolve shaman is the definition of random, priest sunshard decks, taunt warrior, random random random random... Theres no possible way you can claim there is skill involved when every single deck has so many insane RANDOM effects.

If you are this frustrated with playing those games how about just playing different types of games. There is a bunch of games that are totally predictable with no RNG. Take Jump'n runs like Ori and the blind forest or Super Meat boy f.e. or play RPG's like The Witcher, Skyrim, Divnity 2: Original Sin, Rise of the Tomb Raider or whatever else you want. Your drops might be rng in there but i never felt i lost a fight because of rng. If thats still to much i enjoy a little game of Poly Bridge from time to time or try simulations such as City Skylines, Factorio or Planet Coaster. A good old strategy game might also be to your liking: I still find enjoyment in playing old games such as Age of Mythology, Age of Empires or you could try something newer like Stellaris, Europa Universalis or Civ 6.

I stopped playing the games you mentioned mainly because i didn't enjoy grinding them for hours to keep up with Meta's or just to get minimal improvements for characters and such. Nowadays i enjoy myself much more in the kind of games mentioned above. Hell from time to time i actually play puzzle games like hexcells infinite.

If you complain about RNG mechanics and never played BINDING OF ISAAC, you are a salty [EXPLICIT CONTENT] and your thread should be automatically deleted / pruned / closed.

On 23.4.2018 at 7:01 AM, gubaguy said:

(like really actually, EVERY weapon and attack in game has "Deals between X-X damage" Meaning if you dont get lucky and hit top end damage you are going to die,

Please just stop already. Does not seem like you have played many RPGs (including non-MMO ones). Damn.

koribofog likes this

Posted (edited)

If you really want to live by the Edge of RNG-esus Play Xcom... after that you know that everything that is not 100% is close to 0%

Edited by Rondine

@Eirias In terms of non-rng games, what about trackmania nations and dark souls?

the only random things in dark souls are drops (still no need to grind for anything, really), when you get invaded or the consistency of hitboxes sometimes (especially in dark souls 2...).

trackmania is a completely level playingfield and there are servers without any "lucktracks" out there that focus on pure skill. no random trafic, no random points that give you boosts, just you vs the clock, where the best lap in 6 minutes counts.

Og yeah... D&D where the only time you wish someone not to be lucky... when you are DMing and they natural 20 a check they WHERE NOT SUPPOSE TO PASS UNTIL FINALY... Damn those Moments are funny.

I mostly agree with you. I quit Hearthstone a while ago for almost the same reason. Too much RNG and after a year of playing for free i couldnt keep up with the release of expansions, so i didnt have the core cards for most of the viable decks. 

You should definitively try Starcraft 2. I just started a few weeks ago and the learning curve is insanely steep but the reward is that theres almost zero RNG involved. If you loose a match to another player it is 100% your fault. The maps are symmetric and you always start with the same conditions. It can be a bit frustrating at the beginning but i like it a lot.

Posted (edited)
On 23.4.2018 at 7:01 AM, gubaguy said:

Because i am so sick and tired of all the RNG bullshit in nearly every game i play now.  And the solution to this problem isnt "Just play something else" becuase theres ALWAYS a hidden layer of RNG in nearly everything, every game has some hidden RNG elements to it. 

so opening Boosters isnt rng? if ur looking for non rng games play egoshooters like CS:GO, Titanfall 2 or whatever. no grinding prepair needed direct competitive PvP only userskill does the diffrence.

or the old rts games doenst have rng in it as well, like C&C series 

theres many games without it but u have to stay open minded and not focusing on a small gab of game genres. or u play cardgames in rl but stay away from dices or u will have rng again.  

and if u search for a non + ultra rng game play the F2P MMORPG Aion where u can grind mseveral months for your gear and weapon and u need 2+ sets for both pve and pvp and every item can be upgraded by adding magic stones alldo they can also fail while upgrading or even detroy the item on a fail. and nice lovly godstones that have a proc chance down to 1% aldo if they proc on the right skill u may getting 1 shotted in pvp. and some pvp gear u can only wear if ur under the top 100 pvp players in your fraction on the server and to get there u grind like 12h a day for the next 6-12 month. happy rng

Edited by Asraiel

I must disagree about League of Legends.

First of all - power creep. A lot of older characters was, are and probably always will be in play. Examples? Kog'maw, mf, ahri, brand, kha'zix, maokai, garen, darius, zed... List is long, but its pretty simple rule - there is no new>old character, only one type>second type. For example, if we got meta where most teams got 2-3 tanks, then adc like kog'maw are the best. And opposite - if in most teams are no tank or 1 then mf, jhin or kha will be much better. Its logical.

Second, sure, there is RNG (its impossible to avoid it at all). But dont even dare to said that win or lose is RNG. Its easy to blame RNG bcs tryndamere got 3 crits in row... but in reality it was YOUR fault bcs you let him stack rage (it give him more crit chance), and then you even pick a fight, instead of wait till rage go away. This one and much more is just lame excuses to cover your mistakes bcs you are too proud to admit it was your fault.

Third - first blood is nothing. Yup, you read it right. Its NOTHING. Sure, if you are plain stupid then probably it can be the most important thing in game. But just ADMIT you make a mistake and play safe. Its that simple - play SAFE. But sadly most people cant do even that. The worst scenario is when enemy got first blood, then you back on lane and pick a fight with him bcs you want so badly to kill him that you are blind on obvious things and bcs of that you gonna do stupid mistakes and feed him more. Wait for jungler, take minions, build few items, wait for roaming part (here you can beat him by surprize, or even bait him to your team, make a trap or anything), then for team fights (anything might happens, maybe for once your team will carry you? Maybe enemy are good at micro game (you know, dodges, how to use skills etc), but cant play macro (how to position in tf? What target must get down at first?) at all?

4) remember simple thing, you cant get win ratio at 90+%, so there must be some loses. Just dont be angry of it, get fun. Easy to say, yea? I always get the least dead count in my team, and mostly in game. And what can i say when i get 9/2/0 (all do by myself, no jungler, no help), but other team members got 2/4/1, 0/7/0, 0/9/3? Nothing. I just play and do my best. If i can see how i can win game then i try. If dont... then just play for me. You know - farm a little here, a little there, take few kills more if its possible etc.

5) If you dont see a reason to play... just do one good action. Just do one amazing move. Just change lost game into win one. For moments like this you will know why are you playing :). You might said i screw it, but for me it was pretty nice, check kills (enemy are blue, we are red), enemy got pressure to end fast, tryndamere go back for me... If we won this, then its no game to give up :). Just watch :

MidniteMoon and Ultrakool like this

7 hours ago, Larikal said:

I must disagree about League of Legends.

First of all - power creep. A lot of older characters was, are and probably always will be in play. Examples? Kog'maw, mf, ahri, brand, kha'zix, maokai, garen, darius, zed... List is long, but its pretty simple rule - there is no new>old character, only one type>second type. For example, if we got meta where most teams got 2-3 tanks, then adc like kog'maw are the best. And opposite - if in most teams are no tank or 1 then mf, jhin or kha will be much better. Its logical.

Second, sure, there is RNG (its impossible to avoid it at all). But dont even dare to said that win or lose is RNG. Its easy to blame RNG bcs tryndamere got 3 crits in row... but in reality it was YOUR fault bcs you let him stack rage (it give him more crit chance), and then you even pick a fight, instead of wait till rage go away. This one and much more is just lame excuses to cover your mistakes bcs you are too proud to admit it was your fault.

Third - first blood is nothing. Yup, you read it right. Its NOTHING. Sure, if you are plain stupid then probably it can be the most important thing in game. But just ADMIT you make a mistake and play safe. Its that simple - play SAFE. But sadly most people cant do even that. The worst scenario is when enemy got first blood, then you back on lane and pick a fight with him bcs you want so badly to kill him that you are blind on obvious things and bcs of that you gonna do stupid mistakes and feed him more. Wait for jungler, take minions, build few items, wait for roaming part (here you can beat him by surprize, or even bait him to your team, make a trap or anything), then for team fights (anything might happens, maybe for once your team will carry you? Maybe enemy are good at micro game (you know, dodges, how to use skills etc), but cant play macro (how to position in tf? What target must get down at first?) at all?

4) remember simple thing, you cant get win ratio at 90+%, so there must be some loses. Just dont be angry of it, get fun. Easy to say, yea? I always get the least dead count in my team, and mostly in game. And what can i say when i get 9/2/0 (all do by myself, no jungler, no help), but other team members got 2/4/1, 0/7/0, 0/9/3? Nothing. I just play and do my best. If i can see how i can win game then i try. If dont... then just play for me. You know - farm a little here, a little there, take few kills more if its possible etc.

5) If you dont see a reason to play... just do one good action. Just do one amazing move. Just change lost game into win one. For moments like this you will know why are you playing :). You might said i screw it, but for me it was pretty nice, check kills (enemy are blue, we are red), enemy got pressure to end fast, tryndamere go back for me... If we won this, then its no game to give up :). Just watch

I wished more Players were like you :( i trashtierdiamond or high plat everyone thinks he's the best and doesnt make any mistakes. I miss the times when i was better than this but now i have to get along with all those insane People.

Why aren't you in my Team 4 times every game :D ? a sane Person with sense of logic and not being tilted from Minute 1 :) thats what i wish for Christmas this year mommy xD

On 4/24/2018 at 7:13 AM, LagOps said:

@Eirias In terms of non-rng games, what about trackmania nations and dark souls?

the only random things in dark souls are drops (still no need to grind for anything, really), when you get invaded or the consistency of hitboxes sometimes (especially in dark souls 2...).

trackmania is a completely level playingfield and there are servers without any "lucktracks" out there that focus on pure skill. no random trafic, no random points that give you boosts, just you vs the clock, where the best lap in 6 minutes counts.

I haven't played those games actually, but are they PvP? I thought Dark Souls was a campaign-style game only?

trackmania is entirely pvp-based and dark souls has a pvp scene and random pvp even for pve players in the form of invasions when playing coop.

if you care about the pvp, dark souls 1 is not very balanced and the meta consists of broken builds and backstab-abuse. In terms of pvp, dark souls 2 is by far the best in the series, followed by dark souls 1 and dark souls 3 is clearly the worst in terms of mechanics (very casualized, op instant parrys, op low stamina rolls, can't get backstabed when chugging estus and walking etc...) and well as in terms of the invasion system (you pretty much only get ganksquads against you, not very fun).

Overall dark souls 1 is still the best game of the series by a long shot. even if you are not particularly interested in the pve, it is well worth playing and one of the best games ever made imo. There is a dark souls 1 resmaster coming out, which is going to revive the pvp scene. if you have any interest in pvp, that is the version you should be getting.

EVERY game has some aspects of luck in it even Chess. You think of a strategy that is several turns ahead and give you an advantage. Your enemy overlooks so much things and does a stupid move without realizing this move is actually the perfect move to counter your strategy.

So because this thread turns more into a "What games do you think have less RNGs?" I throw in some fighting games like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear. There are no characters based on luck in those games or crit chances as they are in mobas. Just the character you and your enemy pick and lots of mind games and skill. The only disadvantage for most people:  There is too much skill. You have to play and loose for like 100 hours until you can win reliably against real opponents.

Im just playing dota 2 in the time who i whait for the reborn :) the game is pretty good and almost the same as LOL. I playd both of them, but i think dota is harder to play.

By waiting vor the reborn u can also try the open beta of ART OF WAR: RED TIDES. its a open beta in Steam. almost the same like the one gamemode from Warcraft 3.

If sombody like singleplayergames i think NieR: Automata is a good choise. its pretty hard to play and fucking anoying sometimes (if the boss is so fu*** hard to beat that u have to try 20times) Some people say, darksouls 3 is ez game vs NieR ;)

have a nice time

Well I'm playing LoL now since Season 2... Also spent like 1100€ into it caus it's a cool game, but the only point that's pissing me off is the community! 

Flamer, Feeder, ... everywhere. That's why I cant play that game for a long time a day... 

I was looking for a game like Battleforge after EA closed the Server... also spent like 200+€ into Baattleforge, because when I like games, I also spend money into it. 

I didn't find any game like that... because there's no game Like Battleforge. BAttleforge has so much options to spend your time on and that's what it makes awesome!

Played a lot of games since the day the Server were closed. Guild wars 2 , Maplestory, Fiesta, Titan Quest, Destiny 1 & 2, Silkroad and much more... but all of these games didn't "catch" me like BAttleforge did and I Quit playing them really fast. 

All in one I',m looking forward to play Battleforge again. To play this awesome game with this awesome community!