Shrine of War card

So basically i cant remember how this card works,

It says it refund 4% of current void pool in actual  power and lasts 20 seconds with 60 second cooldown 

So i want t ask  3 things:

1. Do the creatures that die need to be close to the shrine
2. Does it count 4% per creature or just one that dies in that 20 second time period (im guessing one)
3. Can i activate the 20 second timer or it starts random or when  the shrine finishes crafting itself 

Edited by Piromanijak

1 - No, its a global effect and team mates also benefit from it.

2 - Every unit (squads such as windweavers, master archers etc count as one unit) you kill while the ability is active will transfer the percentage (12% when fully upgraded)

3 - You manually activate the ability (60 second cooldown after building. can be reused every 60 seconds)

10 hours ago, Necrospaz said:

1 - No, its a global effect and team mates also benefit from it.

2 - Every unit (squads such as windweavers, master archers etc count as one unit) you kill while the ability is active will transfer the percentage (12% when fully upgraded)

3 - You manually activate the ability (60 second cooldown after building. can be reused every 60 seconds)

Thanks but is it kinda op, i mean imagine if u kill like 6 units and get 4x6 or 12 x 6 when upgraded that is a lot of money to use .

Shrine of War was one of the very best cards in the whole game for PVE/rPVE. It is certainly op, especially when you play it in decks that are spamming spells and therefor make full use of it. I would even say that after Amii-Monument, Lost Spirit Ship and maybe Shadow Phoenix it is the most broken card for rPVE for casual play. If you can somehow slot this card into a deck, just do it and you are never wrong. 

Edited by Treim

6 minutes ago, Treim said:

Shrine of War was one of the very best cards in the whole game for PVE/rPVE. It is certainly op, especially when you play it in decks that are spamming spells and therefor make full use of it. I would even say that after Amii-Monument, Lost Spirit Ship and maybe Shadow Phoenix it is the most broken card for rPVE for casual play. If you can somehow slot this card into a deck, just do it and you are never wrong. 

Normally I'd agree, but not sure if transfering power between players by Decomposer + Furnace of Flesh combo still works (I stopped playing about a year before closing of servers). If yes, that would be the most op thing here. Going into T4 after 2 minutes... Actually I never saw any info if that combination was a designed one or that it shouldn't work this way.

Edited by pabi

44 minutes ago, pabi said:

Normally I'd agree, but not sure if transfering power between players by Decomposer + Furnace of Flesh combo still works (I stopped playing about a year before closing of servers). If yes, that would be the most op thing here. Going into T4 after 2 minutes... Actually I never saw any info if that combination was a designed one or that it shouldn't work this way.

You can still do that. That is not exactly a combo used in casual play though but much more common and almost exclusively used for speedruns. 

My post was meant to address casual play as that is what the vast majority of players used. Otherwise you would have to count Mine and Eruption as one of the best cards at least for rPVE as well. 

And yeah gotta agree that powertransfer is a very powerful tool for speedruns on a lot of maps.

Isn't Embalmer's Shrine + Soul Splicer + Furnace of Flesh way more effective than Shrine of war or Decomposer + Furnace of Flesh? You get all your void energy back nearly instantly without any requirement. I even prefered it over Shrine of war in my bandit deck.

54 minutes ago, Chibiterasu said:

Isn't Embalmer's Shrine + Soul Splicer + Furnace of Flesh way more effective than Shrine of war or Decomposer + Furnace of Flesh? You get all your void energy back nearly instantly without any requirement. I even prefered it over Shrine of war in my bandit deck.

That doesn't work anymore, got patched out of the game together with Second Chance.
Also Decomposer + FoF is only used for energy transfer between players, so player A decomposes units from Player B to get additionall power, FoF for obvious reasons.
You can still use Cultist Master + FoF which is not very suitable for super spell heavy decks as it can not generate enough power from the void pool to constantly keep it very low.
SoW also has the huge advantage of being effective for team mates as well.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, Piromanijak said:

Thanks but is it kinda op, 

Think of it as 'useful' 

Its a very potent card and the reality is that in a high level rpve game, this card is a staple.

It's very risky to use in 2v2 (using this in 1v1 is not viable on an even skill level) 

Binding 150 power and ensuring it survives for the duration of the build time (no idea how long that is) and then 60 seconds for the ability cooldown and then killing enough units to make it worth using can be extremely hard to pull off at the power disadvantage you put yourself in. If you can easily do this then you have already won the match and there are better options to end the game quickly.

When asking if a card is OP the first argument (like it or not) is always whether it is majorly affecting the pvp balance. If not, does the card have a game breaking effect on pve? 

If it is blatantly overpowered (LSS anyone?) then yes it may end up on a watchlist.

At the end of the day, if the pvp balance is not affected, there would need to be a large outcry from the community to get the card considered for balancing.

Was SoW on the watchlist at one point? Seem to have a vague memory of it for some reason. if anyone knows it would be @Treim

Piromanijak likes this

10 hours ago, Necrospaz said:

Think of it as 'useful' 

Its a very potent card and the reality is that in a high level rpve game, this card is a staple.

It's very risky to use in 2v2 (using this in 1v1 is not viable on an even skill level) 

Binding 150 power and ensuring it survives for the duration of the build time (no idea how long that is) and then 60 seconds for the ability cooldown and then killing enough units to make it worth using can be extremely hard to pull off at the power disadvantage you put yourself in. If you can easily do this then you have already won the match and there are better options to end the game quickly.

When asking if a card is OP the first argument (like it or not) is always whether it is majorly affecting the pvp balance. If not, does the card have a game breaking effect on pve? 

If it is blatantly overpowered (LSS anyone?) then yes it may end up on a watchlist.

At the end of the day, if the pvp balance is not affected, there would need to be a large outcry from the community to get the card considered for balancing.

Was SoW on the watchlist at one point? Seem to have a vague memory of it for some reason. if anyone knows it would be @Treim

I can't remember SoW ever being on a Watchlist. At the moment it is definetly one of the most potent cards in PVE though. While the effect is conditional it is almost never problem to find units to kill, especially in rPVE. I think the card never was on a watchlist as it was greatly overshadowed by other cards that were flat out stupid - second chance + decomposer, fof + embalmer's shrine + soul splicer, WoG stacking just to name the ones that were nerfed. Amii-monument especially is still stupid and LSS is at least way to good for casual play. Shadow Phoenix is probably at the same level as SoW as it is not flat out overpowered but definetly to strong compared to other choices at least in rPVE.