Important: Open Beta Status Announcement

MrXLink

8 hours ago, Eonir said:

Hi there...

For those who are whining, I just want you to remember Skylord reborn is not a company, neither staff and dev areĀ professionals.Ā 

They give their free time for this project, for us all; that we can again play this game. I don't think most of you have any idea how big, hard and complicated this work can be, and if you do and keep whining, then sorry but you are stupid.Ā 

As i see most people don't whine about a late release, but more about passed deadline just like this:

19 hours ago, badbosspt said:

i dont care . dont give us a date if you cant make it

Ā Hoenstly, i expected the first deadline to drop, because that's how projects work :). But now i got disappointed that they could not deliver. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they are doing and i know they are no big company and don't earn money an bla bla, but if I see them make a mistake i feel free to say it. Letting a deadline pass hurts the community and even more the deveopers, thus the project. Of course setting a date pushes your productivity beyond limits, but it's just not worth it in my opinion.

Ā 

P.S. Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Edited by Slon
P.S.
Sheepmonster and Burlia like this

Guys, you are real awesome

And i'd like to add tomething to people who don't know about programming or alike as far as i know you can compare estimating the project finish date to unloading a car

First you realize that it is not a small car

Then you realize that you don't have any instruments

Then realize that you have to do it underwater

In another country

And so on

And to all those crybabies .JustĀ shut up .Guys are spending almost all their time working for something that doesn't give them any stable salary just be satisfied with the work they are already doing

and thank you for bringing back one of the greatest games ever seen

:hypetrain::hype::hype:

Coffee812 likes this

At least you aren't pulling a WOTC and releasing a full game littered with known bugs and 3 years later not one of them are fixed.

Much rather wait for known issues to be fixed than to deal with the frustration of constantĀ  crashes, etc.

Keep it up guys mad props.

Has anyone here actually ever considered that :hype::hype::hype: is the actual reason people are really bummed out?

People as a whole can't manage expectations already, so if you foster an environment where everyone is even more pumped up and then something happens to bring things back down to reality, the backlash will be all the bigger. Everyone who constantly explodes in excitement and is getting all fired up over something that doesn't even exist yet doesn't really have a right to criticize people that are disappointing when expectations are not met because they collectively created those unreasonable prospects in the first place.

The devs aren't innocent in that regard either. Of course they need people to get invested because they also want it to be a success and earn some money but it blew up into their faces recently. In a situation like this the divide in the community between the disappointed people and the ones still riding the wave will get apparent.

I just sit back here and whatever happens happens. I would love to play BattleForge again but if this entire project bombs, I'd still go "Oh, well. Would've been nice. Moving on."

People (both the "SO FKING DISAPPOINTED IN THE DEVS!" and the "SO FRIGGIN HYPED ABOUT THIS, GO DEVS!" ones) get emotionally and personally invested way too easily. Don't forget, a lot of the people now complaining were once just like the ones still celebrating.

Bkingn and Necro Harvester like this

@CocofangI agree completely. Being full of hype like what you said functions similar to a burnout situation. Like do you know that scenario that you work so hard for hours everyday and then one day your mindĀ just shuts down? Itā€™s similar:Ā you get :hype:d up way too much then when it doesnā€™t actually turn out how it was promised/expected, youĀ shut down and some do it in different ways than others. Some just leaves, some loses hope, some areĀ dissapointed but still hopeful, some people get angry. Of course we are blamed to the extent that we created that expectation, and we failed to deliver on that.

Due to that, we have made this thread for the goal to try to alleviate any anger you may feel by trying to explain and apologize, even though we realize weĀ canā€™t really cancel out the dissapointment. And to perhaps convince you that there is still hope, we havenā€™t given upĀ on this project at all, the opposite is true, we have howeverĀ managed deadlines badly.

Exactly that is one of the reasons why we have been lenient withĀ peopleĀ ventingĀ within reason, but not to the extent that theyĀ severely insult or offend.Ā 

In any case, we realize the exigent circumstances in which people may lash out, and we do keep in mind that in other situations you might have very well beenĀ our biggest supporter or fan!

As a final word, I would like to say that we can understand any dissapointment, feeling of hopelessness and even anger and we are here to address and to attemp to further alleviate any further ill feelings whatsoever you may have. :)Ā 

Well, we have waited, we wait, and we'll continue to wait until it's done. Better to make a good entrance that's late than a terrible first impression that'll put everyone off. There'll always be some disappointed because they rode the hype train too fast, but it's better to disappoint them and please the rest than disappoint everyone including them.

Ā 

Better it's later, really. I've been damned busy, this coming out would screw me.

Battleforge was one of the best games of all time, so I do not understand EA why they took this ingenious game off the market. I'm sure I was not the only one who invested x hundred of dollars to get new cards. This game is simply unique in its kind of real-time strategy games, so I'm all the more looking forward to the time I come to play this wonderful game again.Ā 
That's why I wait as long as I have to wait and thank all those who sacrifice their free time to make this game playable again. Thank you for your tireless efforts!Ā :')

Ā 

I hope it has been translated correctly in English..Ā ?

Edited by Sp33d0v3r
spelling mistakes through translation
BATTLEF0RGE likes this

22 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

Being full of hype like what you said functions similar to a burnout situation. Like do you know that scenario that you work so hard for hours everyday and then one day your mindĀ just shuts down? Itā€™s similar:Ā you get :hype:d up way too much then when it doesnā€™t actually turn out how it was promised/expected, youĀ shut down and some do it in different ways than others.

so kinda the same as if u take crystal meth, 3 days party and then a break down. or softer thing drinking to much alcohol and next day u get a headeck.

and for those that arent devs its like ordering something in a online shop but when the package doesnt show up at the time u get mad and maybe want a refund for the delay alldo here u dont pay so u cant be refunded