Important: Open Beta Status Announcement

MrXLink

As it is to much of TL:DR in Discord i guess, I'll leave it here:

So after following this project in silence for a litte while and not being into hypes/spamming around in channels for days/weeks/months/whatever, maybe you are interessted in my point of view...

first of all its a really big project for such a small dev-team that wants to do it in their free time and u have my respect for that. But delaying the whole thing over and over again with the excuse of "This and that doesnt work as intend" is not the way to go here. Its Beta State so reasonable ppl will understand it doesnt work as intended. other ppl will always complain even if u bring it out with like 0 Bugs. But u would give the Community vastly more Insight, maybe 1 or 2 solid feedbacks and even 1 more helping hand on the way.

Like now it seems u want to polish the whole thing before presenting it. Thats never going to work. There will always be Flaws/Bugs and Stuff up to the release candidate. and even after that. But it would make ppl happy to see how u progress from day to day on a project they would love to finally play themselfes. a weekly dev note is nice but without seeing and playing it yourself, only a few ppl will understand what u are doing while most getting frustrated, turning salty/ full rage mode or what would be the worst: Pissing off the Devs with flame. But anyways, thats just my thoughts.

So good luck, keep it up and maybe consider this.

(English is not my primary language btw)

fenixfiress and Nikita-San like this

Thank you for the update, i am not mad, just disappointed...

If the game is not ready to be released for the public, it is understandable and acceptable, but making promises and then failing them is something else. If You are not sure about the release date then better not to say anything about it, because this way I believe I'm talking in others' name as well when I say we are just losing hope...

I still support the project and still can say I can hardly wait for it - we could say I'm part of the #f5sect if you know what I mean -, so heads up and don't worry about the time you need to fix it, just don't make false statements...

I am sorry devs but my hope is dead now as well as my hype. I think that giving any release dates was a big mistake in the first place. Everyday I come back home and hope for some good news related to the game. I wanted to play it now because in a few weeks I won't have any time to do so. From then on I won't have time to even sit on my PC probably. I really wanted to play and was hopeful but...guess it was not meant to be...

That's the right thing to do. All the enthusiasm existed because you gave us a fixed date, and I think you've made the best decision right now. 

I wish you all the best <3  Let's protect  the lands of Nyn together!!

according to my point of view, if you release the open beta on the spot, it is true you will have many problems / bugs / crashes, but sure you have a lot more hits with crash errors etc to fix, and going on so arranged in a very fast, with a few users selected for the closed beta, however, you see these findings, but much less than an open beta, and then just say that the open beta is open in testing with probable crashes / bugs etc, and so is satisfied.

Edited by mettium

Oh high skylord i was really hyped to play the game today again after it  has been down so long i even took a Day off... Ich Feel sorry for your programmer Team they might even be more dissapointed then i am. Good luck for further work on the Project guys .

Gotta admit, i'm pretty massively disappointed - but there's no blame in that.

sounds to me like dev team need to stop being so excited about release and look at it more logically.

There's a lesson to be learnt here: Trying to make us all happy can have the opposite effect - so stick to what you should be: 

it's ready, when it's ready.

no more self imposed deadlines please guys, you'll over work yourselves and you'll frustrate the community.

thanks for the continuing work, i saw you all online extensively yesterday, so i'm sure you guys are being completely truthful in your hopes, but it's time to relax and get the job done.

best of luck to all of you :)

Nikita-San and rittindentod like this

Honestly take all the time you need, although I don't agree with the promised dates I am glad to hear that it wont be happening anymore since it just causes back lash on the community.

We all really appreciate what you do and most of us understand how hard it is to revive and rebuild a dead game. Honestly its a miracle that we even have such amazing people like yourselves working on something that was thought to be dead. Its awesome how such a community exists for battleforge and we are lucky to have it.

Cant wait for the games re-release and would like to say you have our full support!

A Project as Time Consuming as this and you are Apologizing for a delay ? wow...thats very cute....just take your time and keep calm. Youre doing this for free if i understand that correctly. I would wait months or a year if i had to. Youre bringing back an awesome game for free....so stop apologizing....youre giving us an awesome gift...we can wait until it's wrapped up nicely ;)

Hey guys!

First of all I appreciate your effort to bring us a game that works at the time we can get our hands on it. This is already a huge improvement over a lot of AAA developers. Also you have done an amazing job so far and I (we) all hope you will continue to do so.

So... take some of my money, buy yourself some pizzas, re-energize from this week of stress and keep fighting the good fight.

Cheers and.... HYPU! :D

It's good to see, that the team is not giving up against all the negative people, and that they understand that "a delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad" (-Shigeru Miyamoto) and all I can say, that keep up the good work.

PS.: Sorry for ALWAYS using this quote, but in the recent days a lot of people don't seem to understand.

Edited by Beni123

Well i dont care if beta starts now in 2 weeks or in 2 months. Take all the time you guys need to finish it. For me personally i can wait as long as it takes just the knowledge of it at some point being a thing makes me happy enough to wait as long as it takes.

Nobody will blaim you for delaying (again) open beta, we are so happy to see one of our favourite game back to life after 5 years that we can wait weeks, even months until open beta.
I definitly agree with you about not giving precise date, this causes more problems than it solves, and more importantly it is a source of disapointment when delayed (I'm pretty sure everyone will agree with that). We don't need a precise date, you will open the beta when you will be ready, we trust you about that.
I feared in the last few days that the devteam went in the same situation than in january, when they (especially Fiki) spent too much energy on the project and eventualy undermined both their mind and body. And I have been moved when I read that it happened to the entire team. I (and nobody, I take that) never wanted that someone would loose his/her health in the process. We want everyone to ultimately see the world of Nym again busy with the war between the Twilight Curse and the humans, Blight and his Reavens chasing Mo, the Lost Souls invasion beeing driven off,... And for that, we need a project team. ALIVE AND HEALTHY!
At the end, I would say that you don't have anything to apologize about. Eventhough you had been too enthusiastic, we share this responsability with you, and I won't complain about that :) . You have done your best from the beginning, and nobody can criticize you about that. We won't request more, we won't request the impossible.
Take the time you need, keep up the good work, and we will keep the :hype: up while waiting!

14 hours ago, MrXLink said:

> During this upgrade, however, we almost lost the forum database because of all the problems linked to our server. We managed to save it just in time!

Oopsy, no more forum! Thanks to the skylords, it didn't happened :P

BFlove123 likes this

personally i dont care much about the delay. not because i have the ability to access the servers anyway but simply because my default expectation of developers is that everything gets delayed for quite some time anyway. it whould've heavily surprised me if you guys got this in time :P

this is quite the project for a small team like this especially considering that afaik most of you are students doing this in their free time. My only suggestion whould be to set more reasonable dates in the future. its better to to be done early and be able to announce that you're ready =)

Like many said:

You guys are just great for giving the chance to play no matter the time.

And even if it is dissapointing that the release date wasn't in time there are some things need to be said:

1. I (and as i read most other) are neither mad or sad or angry at the development team because I know you give it your best and if it isn't in said time than there is a reason for it and there's no doubt about it. I know the team giving it's all, that's why i have only deep respect and nothing bad against the team on setbacks. Don't overwork, stay healthy. I will love to count on you in future for patches, so don't kill yourself with the release, take your time.

2. There are biiiiiiiiig and weeeaaalthyyyyy gamining companies with lot of expirience that delay more than you guys. As i read your progress i still feel amazed even if you delay.

3. You work for free and want the game to be played for free, not for greed. Even if you will never (and i don't think that will happen seeing what you've done) be able to complete it the try in itself is an achievement worth mentioning. Every second you put into this project is a second build on the tower of respect for you guys. Don't make yourself crazy or think you dissapoint, cause you don't. The only people you dissapoint are those who are greedy or don't want to see what you are doing, don't feel burdened for them.

4. True strength is not winning without an opponent. Every setback you encounter and beat proves your strength. Grumbling won't help, smash the bugs and keep fighting as you are doing every day. Always stand back up, that's how i think you guys are and that's the only thing that counts.

In the end it won't change: You guys are great don't feel any other way. Your the heroes letting us common people reach for the sky for this game. You are the skylords :)... ... ... don't get cocky ;P