Important: Open Beta Status Announcement

MrXLink

5 minutes ago, rockoverlord23 said:

I'm not considered a programer just yet but i have taken classes and plan to get a degeree in computer science. as a project one semester we had to make a small unity game. that went horribly wrong multiple times so i do get it. if by some means of time i get more classes in i'll be able to help in perhaps a year or so. keep up the good work 

Trust me. You NEVER want to work on a game you want to play.

This triple-delay has one good thing. If only a few of that people that are getting completley mad now are quiting from this community as they promise, the average age raises a bit :P

Jokes aside: It is sad ofc, but if you are not ready for OB, then take the time you need. Really great work, thanks to the complete SR-team!!

:hypetrain::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype:

I got an answer maybe i will become the bad guy but i need to know.

I agree  with Devs to take their time to fix the game one game with bugs will lose people and we cant enjoy it.

But the real question is wtf beta testers do, we was needed a stream to see all this bugs?If they dont have time or get bored to join everyday to search for bugs remove them and add people who care even to stop this random method at discord

Edited by Simigr

Hey guys, 

it's a shame but the delay kinda loomed at the horizon and i think i'm not the only one having expected it. So don't worry too much about it.

Still, i feel like adding my two cents. First and foremost: Be more realistic if it comes to the time you'll need. Calculate accordingly, add about 30% as buffer and another 30% for test writing - this may initially dissapoint but will help you a lot with the pressure and leads to a better product in the long run. Make your announcment a concrete if possible. Avoid measurings like "3 - 4 weeks" as this makes it sees like you guys are maybe a bit overwhelmed. If things still can go 'suddenly wrong', it tells me that you're still in the process of reverse engineering and i'm not sure if an open beta is a good call in that phase of the project. But that's only me.

That's fueled by occasional glances at discord where i read stuff like "I reworked the entire database backend it should be a lot more stable now". Which tells me you either have very dedicated and skilled team members to pull this trough in one night or you don't have a stable backend to begin with. My best guess would be both ;) Also, please avoid positive news just for the sake of patreon. I think the core user base has been with the project long enough to support it even if things go on a tad slower. 

Edited by artisticMink
Nikita-San likes this

9 minutes ago, Simigr said:

But the real question is wtf beta testers do, we was needed a stream to see all this bugs?If they dont have time or get bored to join everyday to search for bugs remove them and add people who care even to stop this random method at discord

To respond to your question, we have an abundance of very committed testers testing everyday in the beta testers channel in discord. That is not the problem, as stated before it’s the critical bugs that unfortunately appear that is hindering.

3 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

To respond to your question, we have an abundance of committed testers testing everyday in the beta testers channel in discord. That is not the problem, as stated before it’s the critical bugs that unfortunately appear that is hindering.

Ok thank you

I am thankful that the team of devs working on this project are so honest and concerned for the community. Let's not forget they are working for free out of passion. As someone that has been disappointed by many gaming communities in the past, I'm more than willing to wait for open beta and I continue to support the developers in their efforts. Very well written explanation btw.

I couldn’t see Waldo. Where’s Waldo?

but all jokes aside; i’m sure the entire community understands :) you guys are doing a great job and we appreciate it.

Bests,

and make sure to no over-stress yourselves. It is not worth it.

I see you are very worried about this, and even though the released has to been delayed, I understand perfectly!!!

And also, I prefer that you guys delay the release, otherwise the game would have the bugs and issues that you are trying to fix, and that would ruin the experience for a lot of players here.

Thanks for the effort!!!

Im totally not mad at all . Doing this work for and dont even want anykind of profit from it is actually really cool !

I love reading the dev post and else its just cool that u guys came that far and ich looking forward to the game :D

See it definetly better then battleforge was :D

You know... You Don't have to feel sorry for us at all. All of you developer are amazing as you are already At least I personally understand what you are saying and think that all of you are amazing.

BattleForge is my number one (and still is) Online RTS Game, I love this game so much but when this game close my heart is broken into piece, but seeing all of you guy work hard to being this game back from the grave FOR FREE it give me hope. 

Don't worry about time I can wait forever to see this game come back. I'm not gonna tell you to work hard, destroy all the bug , build a perfect game or something like that but I'll tell you to work when you want to work and be happy. The last thing that I want to see is that you guy hurt yourself (physically and mentally) for us.

Good luck you guy Fight on, be happy and give us the best experience that you want give in BattleForge.

P.S.

Sorry if there are some mistakes in my post. English is not my first language also love from Thailand <3<3<3

We have been waiting for so long... And we can wait a bit longer ;). Dont worry about us, just keep working and once it will be ready, everyone will be as happy as they would when it would be released today.
You guy are doing great!

My advise if you don't want to lose too many users, do a open alpha or some sort of "open pre-beta" for a day at at time, seems scary, but it can be a great stress test and keeps users interested! Consider it. No one will be mad if something goes wrong, only happy that there was an attempt.

Nikita-San likes this

To be honest, Im just glad no one has given up on this project. The community has come very far and it's honestly inspiring somthing a group of people can expand to such a community. Keep up the good work :') And keep this project 'MO'ving :mo:.

No need to apologize, The fact that you bring this game back is crazy enough! And I am glad to be helping out with it.

Playing a game lagfree is much better than getting disconnected every few minutes.

-Mark

Edited by Graaf_Markus
typo