Important: Open Beta Status Announcement

MrXLink

Waiting, as always :D 
Does we need to send food to Fiki? :P 
Hype train is going to speed up even more :o 

Please confirm that if Patreon grows big Dev's can take at least a portion of money. Or it will be other way to pay some love to dev's. 

steezy likes this

Dear Skylords Team,

1st Time i will say Thanks for your Work, i played BF and i loved the Game, and iam pleased that you bring it back on PC.

Then i will say that you take the Time what you need, i waited so long, so i can wait longer, thats no Problem.

and at last, sorry for my English, iam from Germany and its very Hard for me to write in English.

Thx

It's fine, for sure ! Also we have no choice but waiting.

The only thing i would add: 

Don't make promises and spread expactions, in the end, this way leads to big dissappointment !
I guess, that's not the way you want to do.
For future releases: Concrete Dates only when you finished all the work.

This way you can delay the release to get some free time, prepare everything and get some other stuff done.
(Like Hearthstone, they introduce the new expansion for mid April, even though im pretty sure they already finished everything.)

Gigach likes this

Message to the staff: I dont even care when the beta is released but i have gotta tell you some thing at this point. 

1. In like every monday update thread you always made excuses telling us why you were not able to make progress and telling us every little exam, tests and RL stuff in details (to be honest, nobody cares about your RL obligations. everyone with an iq above 60 knows, that you do this for free and have other things to do, so please cut it out in the future because its unprofessional as hell)

2. why do you keep us telling dates and times? just keep it internaly and tell us maybe 2 days before release that we can download the files. you can only disappoint by not holding your promises and you still keep doing it by saying 3-4 weeks 

3. we got your back so please just give us necessary information like on your streams

Thank you

Edited by Ultrakool
Obscenity
Barei and pabi like this

I work in IT tech support myself, and I know the perils of putting a date on a fix for a problem. You can almost never accurately tell how long something like that will take. Our managers wanted to implement a system promising fixes faster the more you paid, but thats just not how it works.

I am extremely grateful that people are voluntarily putting in their free time to create this project. Just make broad statements on when you think stuff might be finished, take more time just in case and if it is done sooner, that's just great for us. 

I think I only really care about getting updates on what is happening. We've waited 3 years, it doesn't really matter all that much how much longer it takes now. Good luck!

Tahnks for the update!

And keep up your good work. i m a little sad that i can t play battleforge today, but it s rly okay. this 3-4 weeks...pff no problem :D The Hype neverdies!

Take the time you need and don t overwork yourselfs!
We can ez wait for the OB.

Best regards and have a succssesfully and healthy worktime!

It's been over 4 years since BattleForge was closed. I'm pretty sure this community can easily handle one more month.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: It's my first post since I've made the account in July 13, 2015. The hype is real!!

Edited by kYwzor

I'll be honest. I totally understand your situation and that it comes with a lot of anxiety, repeated questions and a lot of other things that slow down the process and sabotage your motivation and work. The fact that is difficult, not just to recode the game, but to pay attention to a whole community it is hard indeed and you have my respect for all your work and motivation. But there is one thing that bugs me and I'd like to share. My opinion is that you shoul've never announced any date until the game is completed to a stage to be able to run the open beta. No matter the circumstances, until that point it's uncertain, mostly for the developers and no one should ever say a date until the game is completely finished for the open beta. This way ppl have lower expectations while they can also keep their hype up, since there are no way to dissapoint them. In this situation, for the players is more than enough to know how is the process going, what things are fixed, whats left on the to do list, thats totally fine. Even there can be some estimates that are not official, only opinions which can be incorrect, but it is not clever to annouce a date while the game is not ready completely. Only when it's complete and playable, there should be a week, where developers and a small group os testers look for final issues that need to be fixed and THEN it is okay to announce. I don't blame anyone, no one of us could've known whats the best strategy to play with the community, what to do, what to announce. Thats none of your fault. I can only say that you should learn from it, and you did as you mentioned in yhe primary post which is important. The only thing I'm sad about that it took years to understand that you can keep your supportive community waiting, without taking risks in promises.

I admire your work, teamwork and motivation toward the game and the community and I wish you the best luck. Don't ever feel that the community is against you. Being dissapointed after you're waiting for something it's normal, being upset is normal. Sometimes you just need to ignore the negative feedback and move on because you all know you're on the right track. Keep it up guys. May the force be with you

9 minutes ago, Lightrex said:

This piss me off...why the hell announce the open beta  if it needs more WEEKS to work??? Nobody test it before or what the hell? WEEKS,not hours or days WEEKS! Its like to lie the people its ready and its far from it and you waited to say it until the last day? You thought you can do the work of weeks in hours or what? Why let the people hype and check the site 10times a day? Yeah you work for free and dont get anything for it,but still you never should do something like this,now you lost the trust of the whole community,who beleived in you. Kinda sad....

By reading other people comments i can say that you are the only one who expresses such an opinion. I understand that announcing and then postponing the release is more than annoying, but if you have experience in battleforge server reverse engineering that could help fix current issues and bugs then everyone including staff would gladly accept it. I compare reverse enginering to changing car engine sparkplugs... trough the exaust pipe.. (it is not designed to be done this way). :D 

Otherwise i can only suggest to take a deep breath to let your emotions cool, because this isint the first time when OB has been delayed. Most of the people here are making jokes about it and being positive about whole situation. And enjoy next 3 weeks, becausee after them we will have far less time to spare for other activities than Skylords. ;) 

Graaf_Markus, Gunilia and NedDeppat like this

No worries guys, 

Been here since 2015 if i'm right and haven't been that active on the forum. I do watch all the announcements and all.

On college I learn coding and the biggest thing that my teacher has learned me is that I don't need to rush any codes that we have to write. He always comes up with a story that when he was younger, he had a project for a big company and he had forgotten 1 zero. He said that they had to custom made 1 new part of the machine and that that costed the company 500.000 euro's.

So whatever people say on the forum, please don't rush and keep your head cool.

Thanks for the voluntair help of the amazing game! I will be there when the open beta is released.

Look guys. This might be a bit lengthy, but Im just going to give my all here. What you guys are doing is amazing alright? I took a year of programming in college and that shit was honestly some of the most annoying things ive ever done in my life, the fact that you guys are doing even harder coding than that, on your spare time, for free? Is beyond me and you have all my appreciation and respect in the world for this. If there is one thing i see you guys don't get enough its respect. Yeah you're probably barely adults going through school just like me and having to live your lives at the same time you do this but that shouldn't matter. You've gained my respect forever. If i was good enough to help you code this i would but i can only make like rock paper scissors run itself through a program. I may have already said it before but if there is any kind of help i can offer you guys, let me know. Ive been on this forum for two years and just recently got back into it, graduated high school a year ago which took some time and my year of college took time as well. I know most of you guys don't operate in North america which saddens me as I will probably never get to meet you amazing guys who are making this project come to life but, know beyond any doubt you have gained my respect and admiration for what you guys do. Don't worry if you get the game out next month or next year. You keep at a healthy pace that is comfortable for all of you and don't kill yourselves worrying about this project. Live your lives first and do this second. We the community will always appreciate this.

First of all i hope i won't get banned for my opinion?

Guys we don't have to be mad at you just because of the delays ^^ if someone dares to blame you or abuse then they are really dumb people because they are too stupid to understand the pressure you have and how it's hard to program or to code files and espescially for students because you guys don't even have to bring this game no one forces you you have your own life to live you have hard studies and this project is like a hoby which you are sharing with us community :) i won't say just to ignore negative comments or other stuf cause i know it's hard but just keep what you are doing and you don't have to hurry with open beta release so it will be more stable ^^ i'm here since 2015 june and i have no regrets for waiting so long and i can even wait 3 more years just to het oportunity to play this game ^^ so yeah just keep it up and stay on good mood skylords wish you best ^^

The only thing I'm slightly mad about is the lack of sleep I've gained this week especially the weekend. Although that's on me for getting to hyped :rolleyes:

Just keep up the good work and try to relax more. I bet Fiki is going to recieve a heart attack (or several) soon :)

Glad to hear you guys learned from your mistake in the end.

Its a fact we have to face that concrete Dates disappoint everyone when it doesnt work out at said date. some People handle disappointment quite well, others don't.

And those People who can't handle disappointment are the ones who are putting you under pressure and Insult you and whatsoever.

So its best to just avoid said disappointment by not telling concrete release Dates. We are all hyped anyways ;)

I'm really happy that you made the right decision and i wish you, your health and the Project best of luck for the future, as always.

Stay cool, stay HYPED and take a break when you have to :)

You know what? You even trying to bring back this game is a miracle so any delays and unforeseen glitches isn't that big of a deal. Take the time you need to make this the way you want and nevermind the naysayers. Cheers guys

Don't think many people who closely followed some streams are surpised. Prefer a delay then being kicked out the game every 10 minutes. Thanks for all your effort and time so far.

A little disappointing that an official statement came so late though. 

Better late than never. Also , many games have delays on their updates like look at DayZ , they said they will go into beta with the game in 2014 or 2015 and its 2018 and still no beta so 4 weeks delay is a piece of cake , much love and faith in you guys keep up the great work , and if there are hate comments dont take them personal and ignore them , they only mean harm and no true thoughts :D

I'm not considered a programer just yet but i have taken classes and plan to get a degeree in computer science. as a project one semester we had to make a small unity game. that went horribly wrong multiple times so i do get it. if by some means of time i get more classes in i'll be able to help in perhaps a year or so. keep up the good work