what is patreon money used on?

Vallon

i heard a couple people say that the devs and project workers dont get paid and do this work for Skylords in their free time, but I look at the patreon and Skylords is raking in ~ $1475 a month. I was wondering what this is actually used for? why not used for just throwing the devs, at the very very least, a hundred bucks every once in awhile to grab some pizza and beer and enjoy the day while they code up for the game. just a thought. nontheless, thank you for the game.

Any donated money will be spent on server upkeep, development and a lot will be saved up for future server upkeep. No money whatsoever will go into our own pockets, and must we have a lot of excess money (beyond our savings for future upkeep), we will make sure this excess money will go to a good cause rather than it being profit.

ForgeUrPath and Sekij like this

40 minutes ago, Vallon said:

i heard a couple people say that the devs and project workers dont get paid and do this work for Skylords in their free time, but I look at the patreon and Skylords is raking in ~ $1475 a month. I was wondering what this is actually used for? why not used for just throwing the devs, at the very very least, a hundred bucks every once in awhile to grab some pizza and beer and enjoy the day while they code up for the game. just a thought. nontheless, thank you for the game.

as the game grows and more players get to play they will need even more than 1500$ a month for the servers, i mean just imagine if this game gets to have 50k+ players, as well they may even after a while like year or two put new cards, sone kind of loot or anything new, everything will cost money time and resources to make.

i work in the industry. $1500 of hosting a month is insane. even if wildest dreams come true and you get 20k people logging in, $1500 hosting will be more than enough. that said, a more realistic # of people would probably be around 1-5k steady players, if that. @Piromanijak

Edited by Vallon

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, FredRichards said:

$1500 is too much.

image.png.3bca5c28afa1dd5ad45ee10e7f827623.png

What 1500$????

So you just made an account to make this post, that isn't even true? What's the purpose though?

Not to mention you breaking rules about bumping old threads.

If you doubt us, you can freely choose not to play on this server. Plenty of others are out there, right? The money is being saved for future usage and bigger costs because of pricier equipment that will be needed if we ever surpass the count of few hundred concurrent players to a few thousand.

There’s no point in speculating server cost guys. And the original question of this thread is answered: The SR team is in no way allowed to take any part of the money for themselves, also NOT as any kind of salary or payment. It's only to be used to maintain this project: (Servers, etc) Also hopefully if we ever get to the point where there are so many people playing concurrently that a much more expensive server is needed that the increased player base means increased donations proportionally. Anyway this thread is very old and it’s generally frowned upon to resurrect threads older than 30 days. This has been here for 1.5 years so :) I think it’s run it’s course. If you have something concrete to discuss, feel free to open another thread.

/closed