Multiple Accounts

Hollwie

itd be nice to have multiple characters with shadow-ranks like mentioned abovve where the main rank would be there, but then 1-2 others in parenthesis to show additional characters, and sharing the card pool too, that would likely prevent multi-accounting from being used to boost a persons collection

plus with how this version of the game works, its gonna take longer for i would guess the majority of people to really max out their collection, back in retail BF, boosters had editions so getting specific Rares or Ultra Rares wasnt quite as difficult cus the booster editions narrowed the card pool, but now its just a single booster that draws from all Editions but also the Promo cards meaning getting that one Rare or Ultra Rare outside of using the auction house is gonna require a bit of luck if not alot of time, and im ok with that, tbh itll probly keep people playing longer cus they cant just zero-in on the Edition of the card their after so they WILL have to buy alot of boosters

btw kind of a side question and unrelated: i noticed my results with the Booster Simulator had similarities with at least 2 other people - Satanael seems to be a really easy to get rare, out of like 50 boosters it showed up very frequently and that mirrors what ive seen other people post when usin the Simulator, and Kiwi and MrXLink did the youtube vid in 2016 opening a ton of boosters and i noticed Kiwi got Satanael quite oft en to but that was in-game, wondering if the math is off for Satanael cus with it being random rares, i find it surprising how consistently that card shows up in boosters, andm aybe its just weird luck, hard to say

ANYWAY back to the topic at hand: i agree largely with DuellLord, for the sake of deck diversity and keeping people wanting to play, we have to find some way to address t he issue of a stale metagame which would be ONE of the results of not allowing multi-accounting which makes it harder for people to branch out and experiment with new decks, cus when rank is involved most people will gravitate with what they can win with consistently, meaning your not gonna see alot of diversity

granted, another solution to that is rebalancing cards, but im not sure how much of a priority if at all that is for the devs

On 3.4.2018 at 2:13 AM, MrXLink said:

Please do not abuse the rep system, e.g. negative repping because you disagree with a statement, or because someone else does. Use your rep responsibly.

I am really sorry for the offtopic, but this statement made me curious how this Upvoting/Downvoting should be used. Cause I used it so far as you discribed, to show my (strong) agree/disagree with a post.

Ofc I used it responsibly, what means for me: I would use a Upvote much faster, then I would use a Downvote (in never downvoted so far iirc).

But after your post it seems I got this system wrong, how was it intended @MrXLink ?

1 hour ago, Volin said:

I am really sorry for the offtopic, but this statement made me curious how this Upvoting/Downvoting should be used. Cause I used it so far as you discribed, to show my (strong) agree/disagree with a post.

Ofc I used it responsibly, what means for me: I would use a Upvote much faster, then I would use a Downvote (in never downvoted so far iirc).

But after your post it seems I got this system wrong, how was it intended @MrXLink ?

Should anyone write big bullshit, or insult other Users feel free to downvote. But if he just call his own opinion and you just do not agree, discuss, but do not expect that he will change his mind. 

In a forum everyone is free to express his own opinion, as long as he behaves politely and does not violate the forum guidelines.

Lavos2018 likes this

• 1 month later...

So my perspective on this is :
Side A - Smurfing is will hinder the experience for lower ranking players but most importantly, it has a possibility of turning away new incoming players testing and trying out the game.
Side B : Smurfing should be allowed on the basis that the account is the owner's own (Not Shared obviously) and allows different type of decks to be played, different playstyles, and won't ruin personal ranking with a Meta or secret deck especially used in Ranked Play. This has a chance to allow high skill players introduce various playstyles that are solid in both theory and presentation as it's used in game by a strong player. 

Personally, I side with Side B because of the wide variety of cards that are going to be brought back and introduced throughout the game can cause a change in the meta. If I open a new pack and see some cards that fit into my playstyle or cards that make/break a deck, I will want to use them. The environment of a practice is, again my opinion, not the same as an intense ranked environment where people give it their all. 

TL:DR It's a yes to Multi-Accounts

Maybe propose a leveling system or prerequisites for ranked play so someone can't just make a new account and shift his whole library to that new account for play? Or Maybe finish the campaign or some complex Matchmaking Rating system that can analyze play and difference in score to detect smurfing?

• 3 months later...

I just want to make another case for smurfs...

As I see it, the optimal solution would be to have smurf accounts that share cards, quests, etc with your main account. And if knowing your "true" rank is so important, than perhaps the rankings could be adjusted so that smurf accounts appeared on the side. In other words, there's be a ranking that only factors in the highest character for each account, and other ranking that shows all accounts. (or possibly some smurf that can change the name? idk if "stream-sniping" is really an issue in BF, but I know hearthstone streamers change their account name a lot to avoid it).

Just want to re-emphasize this because I tried to join some 2v2 pvp games the other day (with barely any deck to speak of) and was immediately kicked several times. Since we don't have any rankings yet, and my deck level was much lower than theirs, I can only assume that they recognized me from YouTube and thought I was too good. So I couldn't do any pvp quests.

While it's nice to be "famous," it is a little strange that any time I post something in global (like WTT, LFG, etc) a half dozen people PM me with something like "omg its Eirias from YT!!!"

Again, while it's cool for now, if battleforge expands I might get an overwhelming number of PMs. I mean you can only fit like 6 lines of text in the chatbox, so if 7 people PM you at once you can't even see all of them.

It would be nice to play with the option of anonymity.