Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
MrXLink

What the heck?! My rep is gone!

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies, and Skythings,

As a lot of you have probably noticed, a massive amount of reputation has disappeared from the forums. This is due to a forum software update that happened a few months ago. Some of you may remember that we simply had an upvote and a downvote button button under posts. A few months ago, without our consent, the reputation system got updated to a "reaction" system, where you could input multiple reaction types besides upvoting. I soon set this up to be upvotes and downvotes as you are used to, but there was something else that this reputation update brought upon us.

All individual reputation points have been completely erased since that update, to make room for the new Reaction system, for some inconsistent reason. You can notice this by looking at the forum rules or FAQ, which respectively had over 10 and over 50 rep at the time, but now only show recent upvote reactions. However, what stayed, was the total amount of reputation everyone had, and upvote reactions influenced this. Now, there have been some severe cases of rep spamming lately, and it is according to our regulations that we remove the spammed reputation after a severe spamming case. This has been the first heavy rep spam case to be handled in months.

Apparently, despite me explicitly having turned rep recalculation off, changing the rep values of said rep spammers have forced the forum software to recalculate all rep. Since the old rep points no longer exist, everybody has lost all progress since three months ago. "But uncle XLink, why do you still have so much then?" The answer to that is simple; forum giveaways. They all happened after this change, so I retained a lot of that.

Now I do not know if it is possible to revert the forum database entries for reputation, and it might take a while to do that or to figure that out. Obviously, I want to help you out to regain your reputation that you have worked hard for, so I've got a solution for some of you. Luckily, for the most recent forum giveaway, I have used the forum database to calculate winning chances for active participants. Therefore, if you want your forum reputation back, you have to do the following:

If you are ONLY a memberyou may reply to this topic, writing down the number of rep that you last recall having.
I can and will check if this number is accurate. If you lie to me about your rep, you will not regain it. If you make up a fake number for joking around, you also risk not regaining your original rep number.

If you are an ALPHA or BETA tester, a SKYLORD OF HONOUR, or a STAFF MEMBER, please contact me directly through PM or on Discord with your rep number.

Any rep earned between now and your recalculation will be VOIDIf I manage to find a way to restore rep for everyone, I will lock this thread and revert the process. Until then, I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience, #BlameIPS, but I will try to get your rep sorted out soon enough. Mind that this can take a while, as I will probably stack some requests together.

As a symbolical apology, have an angry Blight face! :blight: 

Washu, NedDeppat, sylvix95 and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, ImaginaryNumb3r said:

I am pretty sure I had around 70-80 rep. I think it was 78 if I remember correctly. 

I was very active in the guides section and contributed a lot to the daily card discussion when it was alive.

Mentalomega what did you do with your name :o 

55 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Mentalomega what did you do with your name :o 

Honestly, I never really liked my BF name. I was clueless at the time when I made my BF account and just named it after some random RTS mod. I never would have thought that I would stick so much to Battleforge as I did when I started.

At first, I wanted to keep my name so people would recognize me, but now that the open beta will start I thought it is "now or never". I guess I see Skylords as a fresh start and really wanted something else.

Actually, I'm a modder myself (of an RTS game) and didnt want to be mixed up with the Mental Omega mod too.

Edited by ImaginaryNumb3r

Damn.. This really sucks. I'm not 100% sure what my rep was but pretty sure it was around 49. I haven't been that active in a bit on the forums so that's why I'm unsure about the number.

6 hours ago, EonBen said:

Damn.. This really sucks. I'm not 100% sure what my rep was but pretty sure it was around 49. I haven't been that active in a bit on the forums so that's why I'm unsure about the number.

It seems you got 51. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:g1aaYfTEQJ4J:https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php%3F/profile/6368-eonben/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=de