Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Fauchderial

Random giveaway start

The idea is to make bot do giveaway randomly on discord but limited to 3 time a day.

Some people I hope will stop asking for when it will happen.

This is my suggestion :) 

Fauch, the daily cutter

Well... time is quite relative for most people here. I'd guess a majority of people are Europeans, but then there are Americans, Russians, and members from many other countries. Hard to say when it fits everyone, probably never... you just gotta be in luck and be online at the moment of the giveaway, whether its 3AM or 3PM at your place. Tough luck, but there is still a lot of people participating at the times I check giveaways.

I don't think it's worth it. Why would they bother making all this automated bot system for closed giveaways, if soon Open Beta might happen anyways?

Many people I think are overexcited, I was too, but then I found out that servers are down anyways. So if we look at this it's really nothing that you should be so excited about, the main reason you should be excited about is that Open Beta is getting closer and closer. To sum it up the whole giveaway situation right now looks like this:

It's 12th of February, the end of February is the time when Open Beta might happen. If we will be optimistic enough then we could assume that it's going to happen that time. However like I mentioned it's 12th, soon 14th and that is going to be already a half of February, so there isn't much time left. All closed beta testers that have been selected so far, didn't even launched the game once (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure), because servers were down and all developers are trying their hardest and best to fix everything up for Open Beta, so we won't have to wait another month for it. So overall I think we shouldn't make such big deal of giveaways, because:

• The chance you will win is usually around 0,2% - 0,3%, that's very low. Usually it's like 300-600 participants, there is very low chance that you will win or me or someone.
  • Even if you get access to Closed Beta, it's really not access. Sure It would be awesome to have nice rank Beta Tester beside your name that would stay forever, I would love that, but other than that you get nothing, because like I mentioned servers are down anyways and they probably be for a while. Of course I don't mind that at all if that will mean that Open Beta will be more complete and free from bugs or at least most of them. 
  • We don't know when servers will be up. For now all we know is that there is no doubt servers won't be up until another week, that's 19th of February and that is going to be just 2 weeks left before Open Beta (if it happens), so it's really not much time, there is even a chance that they will all fix up and have finnaly time to put servers up when actually Open Beta should happen and who knows, maybe Closed Beta won't really happen, because before it happens, game will already be able to handle Open Beta start, but who knows.

I'm not developer of this proejct, I don't know their plans or what they are thinking, or anything. All I know is that they are hard working people that are doing this out of pure passion and I respect that, they are working a lot and they really want to deliver this game to us in the best form as they can.

I think we shouldn't really bother them with constant requests of making giveaway or making automatic giveaways or anything like that. Instead of spending time on making such things, they should take that time to work on this project, because it's more important and if they aren't working on it and they have a bit of free time for themselves, they still shouldn't spent that on making some auto Discord bot, but instead take a rest, so they won't get bored of this project or they will just not be able to handle everything, because of exhaustion and amount of work and I slightly know about this, because I am working on some project of my own and I would like to call myself amature developer, but I don't have much to show now, because it's still to early in development, but all I can say is that from my experience I know that if you just work so hard on something and you would just spend too much time on it and you would force yourself or do it even if you are exhausted or something, that will only make you hate this project even more and that's really not what projects are about, they should be fun, but also something to be proud of, instead of something that you will hate.

Sorry for writing such long monologue, I just wanted to express my opinion like everyone here did.

Edited by Wampire

On 10.2.2018 at 7:37 PM, Fauchderial said:

Some people I hope will stop asking for when it will happen.

Guess this questions will never stop - though its kinda sad

Imagine how many people ask in the shoutbox when the open Beta starts or if the game is already aviable...where the asked information is only a few lines above in really big letters.

Edited by Volin

9 minutes ago, Volin said:

Guess this questions will never stop - though its kinda sad

Imagine how many people ask in the shoutbox when the open Beta starts or if the game is already aviable...where the asked information is only a few lines above in really big letters.

makes total sense XD.

Edited by Roguzf