Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Jothah

Skylords Reborn Soundtracks

Hello Skylords and Skyladies,

This post is for recruiting a group to write and play some music.

NOTE: This is not organized by staff!

So what is this about?

Thinking of the future, after the open beta, eventually there will be a need for new sounds and music, be it for maps, card animations or even videos (like a trailer for the official launch).

I was autorized to prepare a music sample. If it is good enough it might (being might a important word) be used for the game.

Well then, why am I posting this?

I was in music school for a few years and can sing, play the piano, guitar and cajon.

But a soundtrack (specially if we want to make it sound BattleForge like) needs much much more then that.

If you have music skills and are still reading this, odds are I got your atention...

How to participate:

If you would like to be part of this project, all you need to do is reply to this post.

The info I need is as follows (I'll do a example using miself):

- Guitar (4 years)

- Piano (7 years)

- Cajon (2 years)

- Voice (Tenor)

I can read and write music sheet and chords

I have a good mic and a way to record my instruments

My discord user is: Jothah#2282

If I dont see you around,

May we meet up on the Forge :)

Edited by Jothah

I know nothing about music but this is so great form your part! I hope you will get some people to help you with it.

i can try to spread this topic for my friends, they may have something to help you (:

Jothah likes this

1 minute ago, Roguzf said:

I know nothing about music but this is so great form your part! I hope you will get some people to help you with it.

i can try to spread this topic for my friends, they may have something to help you (:

Thx mate :D appreciated!

Edited by JfPegasus

2 minutes ago, xHighTech said:

Great Idea & goodluck 👍

Do you have any references to listen on?

Best regards,

xHighTech

Thanks and yes, but the music I have is far from "battle forgy"...

It will be a first time for me to do music of this style. That being one of the reasons I'm looking for people to team with ;)

From the "goodluck" I assume you're not interested in participating?

Keeping the game fresh after the initial nostalgia kick will maintain the games longevity. Good idea mate, I am sure there are many creators out there with outstanding stuff which can be added at later dates! :)

Jothah likes this

I am doing  mixing & mastering for quite some time (about 3 years), if you need someone to master a soundtrack, just send me a raw Mp3 and i can send you a test sample.

If it satisfies you, (in terms of quality etc.) I can help out with it, only problem is that i dont have too much time atm (Final school years).

Have a nice day, hopefully i can help you with your plans to get our beloved game back better than ever!

Jothah likes this

2 hours ago, mepsi2001 said:

I am doing  mixing & mastering for quite some time (about 3 years), if you need someone to master a soundtrack, just send me a raw Mp3 and i can send you a test sample.

If it satisfies you, (in terms of quality etc.) I can help out with it, only problem is that i dont have too much time atm (Final school years).

Have a nice day, hopefully i can help you with your plans to get our beloved game back better than ever!

Do you have any tracks you've made? Add me on discord ;) JfPegasus#2282

As I do not have any experience in writing music I wouldnt be able to help but i'd absolutely love to see the outcome of this :D 
Best of luck @JfPegasus REALLY hoping this turns out well :) 

Jothah likes this

17 hours ago, DawsonTheFish said:

As I do not have any experience in writing music I wouldnt be able to help but i'd absolutely love to see the outcome of this :D 
Best of luck @JfPegasus REALLY hoping this turns out well :) 

Thanks for the reply! You can always share this with your BF friends ;) maybe one of them might be interested! See you in the Forge

Just for the lols. 

Little project i knocked together a fair few years ago. still have the project file somewhere.

Edited by Necrospaz
Jothah likes this

10 minutes ago, Necrospaz said:

Just for the lols. 

Little project i knocked together a fair few years ago. still have the project file somewhere.

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

Hit me up on discord: Jothah#2282

Lets chat ;)

Posted (edited)

Hey man just saw this post.

Would be happy to help out.

Expirience with Music:

Piano (2 Years) (last played 11 years ago so it doesnt really count)

I have no expirience with any other instruments.

I am a Music/Beat Producer though and do that since 2 Years now. (My skill at it gets better on a weekly basis as its pretty much all i do at the moment aside from my actual job).

As time goes i will hopefully be able to make clean Mixing/Mastering aswell.

If you are interested let me know.

BR, steezy

Edited by steezy
Jothah likes this

7 hours ago, steezy said:

Hey man just saw this post.

Would be happy to help out.

Expirience with Music:

Piano (2 Years) (last played 11 years ago so it doesnt really count)

I have no expirience with any other instruments.

I am a Music/Beat Producer though and do that since 2 Years now. (My skill at it gets better on a weekly basis as its pretty much all i do at the moment aside from my actual job).

As time goes i will hopefully be able to make clean Mixing/Mastering aswell.

If you are interested let me know.

BR, steezy

Hello! Thx for the reply!

Send me your discord username, or add me there ;)

23 minutes ago, Jothah said:

Hello! Thx for the reply!

Send me your discord username, or add me there ;)

i am not using discord :/

you can contact me through soundcloud or here though

Hey, nice post! Really like the idea.

I've been a violist in orchestra for 7 years, and I study with the professor of viola at my local university which I will be attending next year. I also have played piano for 3-4 years, and I actually DO compose regularly! I've had multiple works performed by my school orchestra, and I'm having another piece being performed in May. I do have a few concerns with this, as far as helping score music-1.) it's not very easy to do stylistically, matching the magnum opus that is the original BattleForge soundtrack, 2.) the devs are first attempting to restore the game and I think they mentioned somewhere that they aren't attempting to add new cards/content, so I don't know if there is any practical application to scoring more music to the game, and 3.) BattleForge has a live orchestra performing their original soundtrack recordings, and even with the mixing talent in the community, it would be hard to replicate an actual live performance. That being said, I don't think we have the collective resources to assemble a live orchestra.

Anyhow, despite these three potential issues, I'm really happy this was brought up. Here's a link to the piece I mentioned earlier (on an online notation software), so you can give it a listen and let me know your thoughts. I'm willing to give scoring original soundtracks for this game an attempt, if you think I'm at the level you're looking for in terms of orchestration ability. https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/de2f1b7522cc970b37a40a3c77dc54198c89d526

Jothah and Wormas like this

59 minutes ago, Schlurp said:

I've been a violist in orchestra for 7 years, and I study with the professor of viola at my local university which I will be attending next year. I also have played piano for 3-4 years, and I actually DO compose regularly! I've had multiple works performed by my school orchestra, and I'm having another piece being performed in May. I do have a few concerns with this, as far as helping score music-1.) it's not very easy to do stylistically, matching the magnum opus that is the original BattleForge soundtrack, 2.) the devs are first attempting to restore the game and I think they mentioned somewhere that they aren't attempting to add new cards/content, so I don't know if there is any practical application to scoring more music to the game, and 3.) BattleForge has a live orchestra performing their original soundtrack recordings, and even with the mixing talent in the community, it would be hard to replicate an actual live performance. That being said, I don't think we have the collective resources to assemble a live orchestra.

Anyhow, despite these three potential issues, I'm really happy this was brought up. Here's a link to the piece I mentioned earlier (on an online notation software), so you can give it a listen and let me know your thoughts. I'm willing to give scoring original soundtracks for this game an attempt, if you think I'm at the level you're looking for in terms of orchestration ability. https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/de2f1b7522cc970b37a40a3c77dc54198c89d526

to 3. with music technology right now you dont necisesarily need a live orchestra - here is an example i like to link

obviously this guy is a professional and its hard to get to his level but its not impossible. things you really need are good sample libraries to imitate all instruments needed.

In BF's case those where mostly brass for the heavy impact tracks and woodwinds for the more soft tracks. And not to forget good Percussion libraries

ForgeUrPath and Jothah like this

Hey fantastic idea, been making bf covers in the past and id like to work on skylords reborn if it needs new music or custom maps would like to put in custom music

- Guitar (8 years)

- Music Production (4 years)

I can read and write sheet music, i can record my guitar in multiple ways. I have translated some BF tracks to piano to train my ears and also covered some tracks with different instrumentation.

My discord user is: Skytrias #8787

Some of my music

BF Themed individually:

A light of Winter (BF Ost Cover) - https://soundcloud.com/skytrias/darkness-of-winter

Unfinished Theme - https://clyp.it/vk5uhzeh

BF themed Lyrics made by @Eirias - https://clyp.it/hbooxdle?token=8379fb58e1f1ea8c8b2c1a796d2b9748

Unfortunally i deleted the translated tracks which i mentioned above. If anyone still has them download feel free to upload

General:

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/skytrias/tracks

Jothah and Wormas like this

Feel free to check out some stuff i did: https://soundcloud.com/steezywave (you can also contact me there)

I am aware that the music currently up up there is not in anyway similair to what would be needed for the game. I am pretty much open to do any kind of music except Pop and "Chart" Music.

My main focus is currently on Atmospheric/Ambient Sound but basicly i am pretty much experimenting with different kinds of sounds at the moment.

BR, steezy

Jothah likes this

On 24/03/2018 at 12:39 AM, steezy said:

i am not using discord :/

you can contact me through soundcloud or here though

I have a discord channel for the group, are you sure you don't want to create an account?

Its so easy and you dont even have to download the file, you can just use the website ;)

Its the best way I have so far of sharing the files and ideas with the team

2 minutes ago, Jothah said:

I have a discord channel for the group, are you sure you don't want to create an account?

Its so easy and you dont even have to download the file, you can just use the website ;)

Its the best way I have so far of sharing the files and ideas with the team

aight man will look into it

Jothah likes this

On 24/03/2018 at 12:58 AM, Schlurp said:

Wow was not expecting someone in an orchestra to be interested! That is great news :)

I completly agree with the 3 potencial problems you brought up, even though the 2nd isnt much of a problem since I was told it was a good idea from the devs themselves.

My idea for this potencial project is to understand the BF style and give it a change of flavor so that (if new maps and lore are added) SR style music could be born... But still trying to make justice to the originals. Does this make any sence to you? :P

I loved the track you sent, I use Flat.io myself as it is free and easy to get. But I'd be more then happy to learn and use Noteflight.

Do you have discord? I have a group for this project, I'd be happy to have you there :)

On 24/03/2018 at 2:38 AM, Skytrias said:

Hey fantastic idea, been making bf covers in the past and id like to work on skylords reborn if it needs new music or custom maps would like to put in custom music

- Guitar (8 years)

- Music Production (4 years)

I can read and write sheet music, i can record my guitar in multiple ways. I have translated some BF tracks to piano to train my ears and also covered some tracks with different instrumentation.

My discord user is: Skytrias #8787

Some of my music

BF Themed individually:

A light of Winter (BF Ost Cover) - https://soundcloud.com/skytrias/darkness-of-winter

Unfinished Theme - https://clyp.it/vk5uhzeh

BF themed Lyrics made by @Eirias - https://clyp.it/hbooxdle?token=8379fb58e1f1ea8c8b2c1a796d2b9748

Unfortunally i deleted the translated tracks which i mentioned above. If anyone still has them download feel free to upload

General:

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/skytrias/tracks

Hey, thx for the reply!

Great stuff, I added you on discord ;)