Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Tetroniks

Which was most exciting for you, PvP ot PvE

I mostly played PvE as the PVP was weird for me. Its so fast and rushed and also alot of people had very expensiv cards for PVP which made it hell. 

I allways loved good competitiv PVP in games, from Fighters to even Fly Simulators i liked it hardcore but RTS and MOBA thats where im a Potato :D... well maybe beside Total War but even there i prefer PVE (Total War Arena was awesome tho in PVP).

Back when I played I was always more of a PvE person, but tbh that might've been just because I wasn't exactly the best PvP player around and didn't have the drive to learn either. Since then I've started playing a lot more PvP based games and started to love the competitiveness of it, as well as a drive to improve so who knows this time around, I'll definitely have my swing at both :]

On 4.2.2018 at 4:23 PM, Ultrakool said:

Your friend is probably not a pvp person then. PvP is very competitive and has a steep learning curve. Part of this is due to it being very different from other games in the genre RTS. It is very fast paced but at the same time macro is important as well.

If you compare this to other rts one factor is that your opponents Deck can contain so many different card variations that you will most likely never face 100% the same Deck. I think you should check out some PvP on YouTube of BF. There you could get an idea of how it is roughly.

Agreeing on the PvP part. Given the "limited" play time in PvE, after the introducing grinds and pve hours of the game, we played PvP mostly. It is a lot of fun in this game, but weird at the same time. Some things may seem really overpowered at first, but as decks are dynamic you can play around most things .... sadly some cards were behind a 'pay' or 'luck' wall. Also PvP was rather empty all the time, I wish more ppl played.

However, altough the pvp proved to be quite competetive it is enjoyable on a newb level and while losing too. Micro takes practice.
What would you consider Macro in this game, Ultrakool ? I quite wonder ... is it the decision if and when to take power wells?

Anyway, I think you guys should team up with someone in the future and keep the PvP lobbies saturated so everyone gets a taste of their own

I'm looking forward mostly to PvP. PvE was always fun to do challenges with friends and will be nice to get dailys and quests done. But PvP is the thing that keeps me playing forever. I hope there will be a nice ranked system in the future :D

I do somewhat understand when people mention that they didn't like to go into PvP because of not having the cards or upgrades yet.

BUT I DID play PvP also to get those.

And I enjoyed playing the tutorial deck (learning to micro the heck out of 3 firestalkers) in ranked PvP :). Sure it makes a difference, but I was like only 5 ranks worse (and there are 33) with the tutorial deck than with my main deck ;). So it was fun nevertheless.

Posted (edited)

Man I wrote a lot just to delete it but here is the short story: pvp was pay2win... there is no way ignoring this and hell I'd say even some of the expert pve maps were unbeatable with standard cards. I think pve was better because coop games overall dont make you as angry as a pvp ever could and just playing pve in this game is fine, you have the battlegrounds if you want to farm those points to upgrade cards so pvp is mostly an ego boost for those who have the right cards. Also if you farm bg and have a good pve deck you are still shot in the leg as pvp needs cards that are useless in pve like that curse monument. Its good sometimes but its useless in pve and you can basically throw most of your t3 and t4 units to the trash moving from pve to pvp so you have to decide what you want to do in the game before you actually do. How about that?

Edited by sanyavok9

@sanyavok9

Paying did help obviously, but it was enjoyable without it.

I didn't spend money, but was gifted some cards, mainly commons. Played t1 frost always, and for long time without cards like homesoil and ice guardian,

so I had fun playing imperials etc.

4 hours ago, sanyavok9 said:

Man I wrote a lot just to delete it but here is the short story: pvp was pay2win... there is no way ignoring this and hell I'd say even some of the expert pve maps were unbeatable with standard cards. I think pve was better because coop games overall dont make you as angry as a pvp ever could and just playing pve in this game is fine, you have the battlegrounds if you want to farm those points to upgrade cards so pvp is mostly an ego boost for those who have the right cards. Also if you farm bg and have a good pve deck you are still shot in the leg as pve needs cards that are useless in pve like that curse monument. Its good sometimes but its useless in pve and you can basically throw most of your t3 and t4 units to the trash moving from pve to pvp so you have to decide what you want to do in the game before you actually do. How about that?

PvP was definitely not pay to win (if you were a master at trading there was no need to invest one cent). Once you've got one decent deck with upgrades it's more than enough to hit the highest PvP rank. Someone who invested 20€ for instance had no disadvantages compared to someone who invested 500€. Some of the Strongest Decks in PvP like Shadow Frost were playable without a single expensvie card.

But I can see how some people thought PvP is pay to win, because there used to be an entrance barrier (you actually had to get a proper deck with upgrades and that takes time), so everyone who ran into PvP immediately, just saw himself running with his U1 werebeasts against all these fancy and powerful cards. But if you managed to overcome this entrance barrier there were no advantages given due to money and the winner in PvP was decided by skill.   

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, sanyavok9 said:

Man I wrote a lot just to delete it but here is the short story: pvp was pay2win... there is no way ignoring this and hell I'd say even some of the expert pve maps were unbeatable with standard cards. I think pve was better because coop games overall dont make you as angry as a pvp ever could and just playing pve in this game is fine, you have the battlegrounds if you want to farm those points to upgrade cards so pvp is mostly an ego boost for those who have the right cards. Also if you farm bg and have a good pve deck you are still shot in the leg as pve needs cards that are useless in pve like that curse monument. Its good sometimes but its useless in pve and you can basically throw most of your t3 and t4 units to the trash moving from pve to pvp so you have to decide what you want to do in the game before you actually do. How about that?

pve expert maps were possible with the starter deck, i beat the most of them with a standard deck that i improved from time to time, nothing special just cheap cards like shamans which I have exchanged with someone for gold. This guy even beat the most multiplayer maps solo with a play4free deck. https://www.youtube.com/user/MrAcesofspades/videos

In pvp everyone had at least a 100+ Decklvl. and i know alot of people that reached that without spending money. In the early Battleforge Stage where I was not ready to spend money i had a small income with selling gold, and have multiplied that by trading. Sure later on i spend alot of money to be able to trade better stuff like promos, to build up my smurf armee but my first deck i completely upgraded without spending anything.

A friend of mine was even more lucky cause someone ingame gift him alot of common and uncommon cards.

Edit: Back to topic pvp was the most exciting game mode. A human is not that easy to trick as a computer.  

Edited by ImperatorSK

18 hours ago, sanyavok9 said:

Man I wrote a lot just to delete it but here is the short story: pvp was pay2win... there is no way ignoring this and hell I'd say even some of the expert pve maps were unbeatable with standard cards. I think pve was better because coop games overall dont make you as angry as a pvp ever could and just playing pve in this game is fine, you have the battlegrounds if you want to farm those points to upgrade cards so pvp is mostly an ego boost for those who have the right cards. Also if you farm bg and have a good pve deck you are still shot in the leg as pvp needs cards that are useless in pve like that curse monument. Its good sometimes but its useless in pve and you can basically throw most of your t3 and t4 units to the trash moving from pve to pvp so you have to decide what you want to do in the game before you actually do. How about that?

Shaman + windweavers in PvP was good and not expensive. It wasn't necessary to buy ultra rare cards. Most of the cards for PvP were not expensive. And if some deck requires some rare cards which you think they are must have cards.. take another coloured deck. There are some cheap options.. saying it's pay to win and it's just an ego boost.. just wow.

It's so much fun playing PvP (for me 2v2)

2 hours ago, HeroPat said:

Shaman + windweavers in PvP was good and not expensive. It wasn't necessary to buy ultra rare cards. Most of the cards for PvP were not expensive. And if some deck requires some rare cards which you think they are must have cards.. take another coloured deck. There are some cheap options.. saying it's pay to win and it's just an ego boost.. just wow.

It's so much fun playing PvP (for me 2v2)

still shaman was like 90 bfp and back then you couldnt get any bfp. They only made that 1 bfp/day in like the last year or I dont know. I remember being completely new to the game and even the gold I farmed, they just scammed me with the mail trading so I had to start again.Also I wasted at least a year worth of play time just selling and then buying new cards I never had just to try them out myself as the game never gave me a chance for it but even if I had decent cards later like... indeed shaman, frost mage and other not too expensive cards, I just didnt have them max leveled and stacked but someone always had the top pvp deck and cards I never even saw before and as I said there are pvp only cards in the game and man if you dont PAY there are no way its worth it. The curse monument seemed such a huge waste of 100-160 bfp but yet ppl always tricked me with it. So I still say its pay2win. Yeah you can beat enemies with the starter deck, sure but good luck beating one with promos and only lvl3 cards. I farmed the daily bpf with multiple accounts but I ended up just playing on my main because it was boring and didnt worth it. I just started playing on my brother's account if I wanted to play pvp because he had almost every cards. I remember he had avatar of frost at lvl3 and man once I managed to summon it, I had to be very bad to lose with it. What it was, like 900 bfp? I could never farm that out without going crazy. I still say pvp is pay2win. If the ranked would give you the chance to fight with all cards on whatever level/stack that would be ok and fair but it wasnt so I dont see why it wasnt pay2win. I liked it too when I managed to beaat someone with my bad cards but that was too rare for me to keep in the game for a long time. I just downloaded some custom pvp maps and played it fair with friends, the fancy ranks didnt bother us. Even now if the game comes to open beta man I'll be rusty in the game and its gonna be funny to get back there yet some ppl are already rocking in pvp so I think I give up the pvp for a long time again. I'll just go and enjoy the pve with the other hyped guys, the chatbox always make me laugh as they really cant wait for the game

I understand what you say to some extent, however it sounds exaggerated to me and only valid if you only care for a top rank.

Why don't you just play some other high skill level RTS to train for SR PvP? That can give you micro skills not many of those playing in the closed beta have, so you can be on the top from the start.

I also wonder why you mention t3 to be of so much importance. I didn't even have t3 in my main deck PvP ;)

Some PvP only cards were in the game.. but same to pve I think. If you play at higher level rvpe/ expert missions you need cards like shaman too 

And I saw many nice player helping out with some cards for beginner

Posted (edited)

I always liked building my t3 t4 army and then smash the enemy lines :mo: so I highly prefered pve since  t4 was useless for pvp x) but eh I also liked pvp but I was kinda bad :D

si3g.png.1596588325639a30c62b4b15a908ad1f.png

Edited by Groping

I always loved PvE. Especially the missions with at least four people. I tried PvP as well, wasn't really for me. So yeah, PvE it is.

Can't wait to finally play this game once again :)

I enjoy the PVE to play with friends. When I played BF I loved to follow the storyline, I felt invested in Mo and Rogan's shoes ! 

But I'm more of a PVP player, the games feel more alive. As long as the meta isn't too stuck in the game ! 

I enjoyed both PVE and PVP but i mostly played 2v2 with a friend of mine (Top 20 once *proudface*). It was so much fun to test  the different fractions together and to try cool T1 combinations (Don't we all hate Roots + Mines :D). So yeah PVP for me!