Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Tetroniks

Which was most exciting for you, PvP ot PvE

What was the most fun to play PvE or PvP. I'm pvp person and since i have never played the game before, i asked my friend who actally got me into waiting for the beta now. He said that the PvP wasn't great at all. So i wanted to get your opinion on this Skylords.

Edited by Tetroniks

Your friend is probably not a pvp person then. PvP is very competitive and has a steep learning curve. Part of this is due to it being very different from other games in the genre RTS. It is very fast paced but at the same time macro is important as well. 

PVE on the other hand is about knowing AI behavior and figuring out some special strategies or tricks to exploit that. For example power manipulation is very important for PVE which means you can be very efficient in your power use that will help you beat the AI who on expert modes either a) has more resources faster than you or b ) easily outlast your total power that you can gather at any given time.

For me, I never really took the time to think about or learnt the strategies of PVE therefore I am quite a horrible pve playe. PvP on the other hand I really liked because of the fact that two matches will never be 100% the same. If you compare this to other rts one factor is that your opponents Deck can contain so many different card variations that you will most likely never face 100% the same Deck. I think you should check out some PvP on YouTube of BF. There you could get an idea of how it is roughly. You can check that out here: http://www.youtube.com/c/BFRebornCommunity 

Edited by Ultrakool

Man The best for me was using my favorite cards.. but i was so young that i didnt know the good strategies in pvp, otherwise i knew how to play a good pve deck (idk how XD).

But it was a good experience, i started to play in 2013, the worst year of battleforge (i think), since there were a lot of pro players winning against me. Now it will be better for me, and i think for everybody (: .

and people started stopping to play so... rooms were a little bit empty

@TetroniksI figured you wouldn’t really wanna read a wall of text so I briefly summarized :P if you got some questions feel free to pm me or shoot me a msg on discord. 

It is always been fascinating for me to meet those that join the wait for this game having never played before and I would gladly explain the game clearer to you ;) 

2 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

@TetroniksI figured you wouldn’t really wanna read a wall of text so I briefly summarized :P if you got some questions feel free to pm me or shoot me a msg on discord. 

It is always been fascinating for me to meet those that join the wait for this game having never played before and I would gladly explain the game clearer to you ;) 

Thank you very much :)

Even though I like both ways of playing the game, PvP was the most exciting part for me. It was hard to get into it because there was no source, that actually tells you how the gamemode works at the beginning, but the endgame was outstanding and still the best experience I've had with any game. You can show off your skills with great micro management, yet APM are less important compared to other RTS games, which makes strategic knowledge even more important (especially with no fog of war in pvp). 10 different factions (nearly all of them viable in high ranked) offer alot of strategic diversity and alot of possibilities to find the deck, that fits to your playstyle. 

PvP all over it. I remember starting with a pure Nature Deck and losing a lot. Then the Micro became better and the void Mechanic became clearer..the overall Skill and experience grew and so did the Fun and excitement. The opponents became better, the Tactics and Playstyle Advanced. My Goal was to reach the "green" ranks ;) Managed to get quite High, cant remember exactly what Rank it was..there havent been a lot of High Ranked at that time. It was such an awesome Experience to improve with the Meta and all the Opponents.

Best Game ever  :)

for me PvE, because i never got into PvP. i didnt play for a long time before the servers shut down. i think i started a month before they went down. and i didnt understan it all cus it was in english and i didnt speak a word english back then. but im sertanly going to play pvp on this. im so exited for it.

back in the day used to play mostly pve , but after completing all the maps and getting most upgrades started pvp and it was enjoyable until started to face very experienced players xD but in the end didnt get the chance to learn more because of the shutdown 

I almost exclusively played rPVE speedruns. I always enjoyed pushing a map to its limit. Due to Map of the week and later on Map of the month i got 3 new maps of the highest difficulty on a regular basis. A month was still a rather long period of time to figure those maps out as decks were often very similar, so i started doing personal challenges like soloing the map of the month for 2 players or doing the 4 player map with only one mate and try to push it to the limit. Later on i also enjoyed doing some of the regular PVE speedruns, but for the most part it was not a focus of mine. PVP i only played very little when i was still rather new to the game - i probably never played more than 150 ranked games.

4 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

@Treimanything you would change this time around? Or back to rpve speedrun for you?

Mostly just that yeah. I probably will mostly play with my old colleagues and play the rPVE speedruns and maybe some of the PVE speedruns which are fun for all of the players - meaning noones just feeding energy. In addition i will maybe play some goofy fun decks or complementary decks and that will probably be about it. 

I definetly won't put as much time in as i did before, but more so enjoy a great past experience with old friends casually now and then again.

Maybe i'll play more if there is more competition for the top spots in rPVE speedruns but nothing to excessive.

Anything you would change?

On 4.02.2018 г. at 6:55 PM, RadicalX said:

Even though I like both ways of playing the game, PvP was the most exciting part for me. It was hard to get into it because there was no source, that actually tells you how the gamemode works at the beginning, but the endgame was outstanding and still the best experience I've had with any game. You can show off your skills with great micro management, yet APM are less important compared to other RTS games, which makes strategic knowledge even more important (especially with no fog of war in pvp). 10 different factions (nearly all of them viable in high ranked) offer alot of strategic diversity and alot of possibilities to find the deck, that fits to your playstyle. 

You are making it sound exciting. I am looking forward to this.

I think both game modes had there own charm. PvP had the steeper learning curve of mechanics and understanding your cards, where challenging yourself at expert maps solo would test your abilities to reason and strategise and therefore a feeling of accomplishment was welcome at the victory screen. Battleforge is one of those games that didn't have a preference in game mode. Both were equally enjoyable and I think that adds a nice charm about it.

I wasn't much of a PvP player, for reasons I've been into before (in summary, I don't like starting out from behind and the upgrade system and limited playtime meant I usually would) but the actual PvP gameplay was pretty good in my view. I like that there was no fog of war, unlike most RTS games, so you know what your opponent is doing and it becomes more about countering their moves and using what you could to get the most value against their stuff. Was also great for pushing you to learn about power and void manipulation, which is even helpful in PvE - especially when you play as shadow master race.

I was basically F2P so never touched PvP on the grounds that the people I would be up against would probably have bought better cards, so would just have an advantage over me. But I'm guessing that wouldn't be such a thing in Skylords, so I'll probably give it a go.

On 4.2.2018 at 5:55 PM, RadicalX said:

Couldnt write it better.

i found pve more exciting because you could use weird strategies that wouldnt be viable in pvp like root nexus or insta build structures. That and i never had the micro or the playstyle for pvp,

PvE all the way for me. Especially in Co-op together with friends and family. :$

But not because PvP was bad or anything, I just don't like to play PvP in any game in general.

PvP was basically always the best mode for me since i am very competitive :D but i have to say that even tho i played both modes very often in BF and was pretty good, i never liked the principe of the PVP. It always annoyed the hell out of me that anyone that saw that your Imperator or even higher either instantly left or left after 1-2 fights. The Surrender-leave system in this game was pretty bad for me and i also didnt like how hard it was for anyone to do a comeback it was pretty impossible in BF so therefore a lot of my games took in BF only about 2-3 minutes, that sucked to be honest since i waited longer than ive played :D but even after all this negative aspects i still love pvp :D