How to Enter Giveaways

Kiwi

Hello Skylords,

As many of you are aware we were doing giveaways daily on our Discord #giveaway channel. Giveaways for Closed Beta Access is currently closed! It appears that some of you are confused by how to participate in these so I have decided to make this thread to help explain it.

First of all ALL giveaways happen on Discord in the #giveaway channel or on our forums here: https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/forum/66-giveaways/

Giveaway Information

How do I enter a giveaway?

During our Discord giveaways you will get a notification as our bot will do an @everyone tag. The bot will already add all the possible needed emotes to the message so that you only have to click the emote which is needed. The needed emote is located under the "WHAT WE NEED" field. (see photo below)

5a949445cac75_PreparingGiveaway.png.6eb1d3a282c434d7bfd4ad5cf2f747b8.png

NOTE: If you have two or more, or one invalid emote then your vote isn't counted.

What are the possible emotes needed?

5a949426ba2fc_Possiblyneededreactions.png.9b1c6024e48baf15dbde13b25ab5033b.png

NOTE: These are just a few examples of some of the emotes that you may need to react with during the giveaways.

Participants?

The Participants field shows the number of Discord users currently participating in the giveaway. However, this does not mean, that all the votes are valid. Maybe there are some users who added more than one emote or the wrong emote which is not needed at the current time. (see photo below)

Participants.png.406eca047845b7cf252c5d7635f69650.png

Valid votes?

The Valid votes field shows the votes which are actually valid. (see photo below)

Valid.png.edd08a954ca67611a68597357764fea1.png

Valid votes are the votes of all the users who reacted to the emote which is displayed in the message. (see photo below)

5a94987dcc127_Onevalidoneinvalidvote1.png.4f6f26980683849911278995cf6b14f1.png

NOTE: In this example the emotions in the red square are incorrect as they are not the same emote as the "What we need". Whereas the emote in the green square matches the "What we need" emote therefore it is correct.

What is my chance at winning the giveaway?

You can see your calculated chance in the field Chance which is a percent. Everyone has the same chance to win the giveaway on our Discord server. (see photo below).

Chance.png.a8afe34d205a2a2450dd798f86314986.png

Giveaways on our Forums we try to give those who are more active and contribute to the project a bit of a higher chance.

But you can be happy... There will soon be a big update to the giveaway system where active players will have a way higher chance than inactive or AFK players. But it could still be the same chance if everyone is on standby to see if the needed emote changed. At the end of each giveaway you will be notified if you won the giveaway. (see photo below). The bot will mention you in the giveaway channel and automatically adds you to the Closed Beta Testers Discord group. You will then have access to all the needed files and discussions of the closed beta.

5a9495d710bff_Winnerannouncement.png.24ad4a3ac2a7822b2f64a7242dfb7e18.png

Timer?

The timer could be set to be visible for all (which makes no sense at the current state of the giveaway) and is currently hidden during the whole giveaway. (see photo below)

Timer.png.e4a80344d977639a2d477c681a5ca7f6.png

Who can enter giveaways?

Only Discord users who are not a member of any of the staff groups (Administrator, Community Manager, Moderator or Developer) can take part in the giveaway. Of course users who are already a Closed Beta Tester (CBT) are excluded as well.

How long do the giveaways last?

They last around 5-7 minutes.

Are giveaways rigged?

No, the giveaways are only started by staff the bot does everything else, it picks what emotions are needed and even picks the winner at random.

Can you start a giveaway?

This dreaded question. Staff are constantly getting asked to start giveaways even though it has been said we will do them randomly. Please have patience we are human and have other commitments. Also note if you keep annoying staff in pm or in chats we will just eventually ignore you or even black list you (which means you will be banned from all giveaways). We also require InsaneHawk's computer to be online in order to start giveaways (as the bot is ran from his computer and it is needed for the giveaways).

Feeling salty?

We get that not winning a giveaway is upsetting but that doesn't mean you can go around being rude to one another or even towards the staff and project. We are doing our best to make it as fair as we can for everyone. We hope you understand that.

Didn't win this time?

If you didn't win this time don't give up, we are doing more than one giveaway each day at random times to try and meet every time zone possible. Keep up hope it could be you next time.

Being naughty?

If you're caught using multiple accounts to enter giveaways, they will all automatically be blacklisted so please don't. Let's make it fair for everyone. If you keep spamming and harassing staff asking for giveaways you will automatically be blacklisted so please don't.

• Kiwi pinned and featured this topic
2 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

But why are the required emotes changing? It's too difficult to keep up :'(  (was asked in a PM)

I'd guess that works as an afk check alongside the limitation that you can only have one and only the right emote selected to be eligible to win.

Do they really say that it's too difficult to keep up :D thr icons actually sit there around 1 min each so just watching at their screens and they will have 1 min to react to the change lol. I am shook

The changes are random but in the last two ones they did not change. Ok, that wont make a huge difference but there are people that put the watermelon emoji and leave the #Giveaway chat and may win even whithout paying attention. -.- I dont know why to make that changes but if the point its to make the user pay attention, sometimes doesnt work.

Im not being rude i think right? Just my bad english

3 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

But why are the required emotes changing? It's too difficult to keep up :'(  (was asked in a PM)

I'd guess that works as an afk check alongside the limitation that you can only have one and only the right emote selected to be eligible to win.

Yeah thas is a fair idea (:

I was in last few giveaways and I did saw bots, for example, emote change 100-150 are always left in old one. bots are set to pick emote but can't change it, or at last, I think so.

Out of those 150 most probably are bots. it can also be seen when a giveaway starts, in first 1-3 sec somehow suddenly there is too much emotes

Edited by Zwyrtek

58 minutes ago, Roguzf said:

Im not being rude i think right? Just my bad english

Yes, I know that as well. But Google translator is my best friend

I also noticed and think that there are emoji bots here on discord on it.
But we can not do anything about it. Then I prefer to win Fair or wait for the Open beta

29 minutes ago, Zwyrtek said:

I was in last few giveaways and I did saw bots, for example, emote change 100-150 are always left in old one. bots are set to pick emote but can't change it, or at last, I think so.

Out of those 150 most probably are bots. it can also be seen when a giveaway starts, in first 1-3 sec somehow suddenly there is too much emotes

Yeah i saw it too. There need to be more changes on the emojis and cant end on the watermelon since this botting thing

Maybe create some sort of 'fake give away' or 'test giveaway', which is just open for a few seconds. (So it closes to fast for a human to react). This way you easily see if a reaction is a bot. (probably only works once, as the botusers change their bots to react 10 sec later or something)

7 hours ago, Mariji said:

I have a question ._. When i Vote and pick one emoji, before i pick another have i to decklick the last emoji? Or only pick it one time and then just redo?

The order is not important but you can only pick one emoji at a time for your vote to count. You do need to declick the last emoji :) 

Mariji likes this

I don't want to really complain about it, yet i wanted to give a small info : lots of These giveaways are at around 00:00am or even 01:00am in the western european time Zone (Berlin etc.) which is really late for the People that have to go to work the next day. I know you cannot please everyone because there are People from many different timezones, but i think the majority should be in europe and would maybe appreciate if These giveaways would be an hour earlier or so.

nielsjuh33 likes this

• Ultrakool unpinned and unfeatured this topic