Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Tetroniks

Battle Forge How do you feel about the game? Personal opinion.

I personally believe that it had the most potential of any video game I have ever played compared to what its reality was. It was woefully mismanaged, not advertised anywhere but Europe,  and had several core problems that could have been fixed. I also believe that due to games like Hearthstone and Gwent now, there is far more of a market for games like this. On top of that, there has been a of good RTS game releases currently I personally think it would have been far better to release about 3 years ago instead of when it did. 

I would say that the void Battleforge left in my video game life convinced me to start a hobby in game design because if it no longer existed, I should just make something like it myself. I happily admit that I was fully crying when I watched the last 5 minutes tick down before server shutdown - it meant that much to me.

Back then when i was 13, i got a disc with about 20 games on it, battleforge looked the most appealing to me, so i started it. I fell in love with it in no time, i played it everyday and met people i still know today!

!BATTLEFORGE CONNECTS PEOPLE!

TBH the amount of PvE maps and the size of the whole card pool disappoints me still today. And its more saddening that that pool probably won't be expanded.

Like with many things in this branche, I feel a great lost potential on this game. Especially with its uniqueness. Remember, this game was the first to utilize dx10 too; this alone does not mean alot, I have some experience with dx - but this game seems quite optimized for its time to me

Guest Blamer

Best game ever created?! Like show me a battleforge copy no u cant!

Just found this project, because I was looking at my Battle Forge poster on the wall and was hit by a wave of nostalgia about how awesome this game was. Almost too good to be true to see it come back! I can't wait! Also want to thank everyone who invests their time in trying to get it up and running for all the fans. :)

Ironshaduw likes this

I played the game with many friends. it was a great time. i never was a very good player, but i loved the game. I loved my promos and trying cards not many players played.

i don´t know how it will feel to play again. My english is very bad and my girlfriend don´t understand any word in english. I am afraid that you can play the game only in english.

i was often angry because of bad behavour from the other players in pvp and i hope it will be much better this time. (lamer^^)

and i was sad that there were nothing new updates in the end. I think this will be a problem in the future too. especially for new players.

But I understand how many work is in this project to bring back the game and i am so thankful for it!!!

i will never complain about bugs, problems, old graphics or other problems...

i will enjoy the game like it is and thank the developers every day to bring me back my great memories.

I found out about BattleForge when I was just browsing around on Youtube and stumbled upon the Tutorial videos. I was then totally hooked! I waited and waited for each of the videos until release day finally came, March 27(?). It was so long ago but I still remember it, playing through the introduction with the basic deck. It was so much fun. I played it until I had both a LV120 PvE and a LV120 PvP deck. I never reached high in PvP since PvE was my main joy. But the new PvE maps were too far and too far between. :/ I also remember buying Fire Worms(?) for 100 BFP and then selling for 110 BFP everyday. How long was that ago? 7, 8 years...?

It was awesome, I sucked at PvP but loved to PvE with people, especially the large map if I recall correctly.

God, I still remember when I was there the first Christmas as a kid. Waiting with my brother for Santa to come by late to get a Santa Claus card, it was so exciting.

And Lords of Ultima or something like that, kill a moloch. Man, I thought the minotaur was badass.

Well, i thought 2018 was going to be Awesome with the new Battletech game coming out in April, but with Battleforge being re-released?  woohooo!!!  I used to play BF nonstop ages ago.  One of my favorites.  Just registered on this website, i could not find some BF over view info. 

Servers? 

Steam? 

Pay for packs? 

Paypal? 

What is different versus Skylords and BF?  What is being updated and improved upon.

How much PVE will there be?  I SUCK at multiplayer.

Price structure?

If open beta is good, i will gladly donate $50.

Any good gameplay videos of current build?

Edited by Kargoth

I got into the game from the start, because a friend was looking forward to play it long before it was released.

I liked trading card games and RTS cames as well as Coop Gaming.

The PvE was hard enough that you had to keep thinking about solutions and personally I relished the graphics and story a lot.

And PvP is yes unique. But absolutely brilliant.

Kind of slow movement and reactions of units (for an old starcraft player),

and strange (almost game of full information, well you don't know the opponents deck always, but unlike chess etc. not roundbased, bit like blood and magic),

however action packed from the very beginning (waiting time exists, but it's usually then lurking each others, lying in wait under full excitement) and

very less radomness (because of the high information you have).

Well there was the strong feeling of some (I say rather minor) unbalances, but usually that was due to a small lifetime of the game and the difficulty of balancing something which is used in PvE as well as in PvP. But i think it goes for Battleforge as well as for other PVP games rarely or long time not balanced: You need to get creative trying to solve major obstacles. And that was part of the fun for me.