Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

[Important] Open Beta Delayed   01/21/18

We made an important announcement about the open beta, please read it carefully : https://goo.gl/nnSfpN  
indubitablement

Twilight transformation questions

1: Does the initial unit die? (important for unit like slayer)
2: Does the initial unit bind power?
3: Does the unit transformed into bind power?
4: Does it cost card charge to transform into a unit?
5: Does Enlightenment work with transformation? If so, does transformation "consume" Enlightenment?

I'll add this information to our wiki.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, indubitablement said:

5: Does Enlightenment work with transformation? If so, does transformation "consume" Enlightenment?

I'll add this information to our wiki.

Thank you.

Heavy questions mate.
bth. I'm not sure I know the anwsers to all your questions if we are talking technically but, I will try (and please correct me if I'm wrong)...

1.yes, the unit are removed from the game (not sure if the old unit leaves corpses for shadow players)
2,3. the first unit releases its binded power and the new unit will have its own binded power (as you would summon it normally)  
4. yes (and also note that the new unit only cost 85% of the original cost when you transform) 
5. yes, the enlightenment card work and transformation will consume enlightenment

Just remember, this is most of the top of my head and some searching. I haven't played this game since it was shut down. :) 

On 25-1-2018 at 9:47 PM, indubitablement said:

When you transform a unit into another twilight unit, the bound power will move to the voidpool. I am not sure, but I thought that the new unit did not have bound power, but I might be wrong there as it sounds overpowered.

On 26/01/2018 at 3:58 AM, nanke said:

Even though.
from the http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Power#Void_Power it states that:

As with all abilities, 90% of the power required is returned immediately and 10% is lost immediately. Creatures summoned with abilities do not bind any power; no power is returned to the void when they die.

so i might be wrong about your question 2,3 :/ 

I'm not certain, but it seems this apply more specifically to cards which create units such as Plague, or even Nox Carrier and Grim Bahir when they spawn Rippers/Crawlers. An example for Twilight would be the Infected Tower and its ability to make bugs appears out of a dead unit corpse.

In other words, you might be wrong about being wrong. But what do I know...

Edit: I think it might have more to do with the Mind Control and Charm section of the Wiki : http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Power#Void_Power

My hypothesis is that the power is given back directly thought the ability activation of Transform, and the bound power of the previous Twilight creature still remain until it dies.

Edited by Alstar
Clarification