Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Is that deck for rPVE/battleground or for the standard PVE missions?

Either way i got some problems.

For an rPVE deck your t1 units are to much. You maximally want 2 t1 units. You can get by with 1 as well though. Pick either Nomads or Sunderer and add Sunstriders if you want to have an easy time with Lost Souls. Add eruptions to take out key targets. Don't use decomposer - it is generally not worth the slot, especially when you got Cultist Master + FoF anyways. The deck is very spellheavy which i like so Shrine of War is a good choice, however I'd prefer having Offering so you can get back charges for spells with low charges - such as Cluster Explosion. Therefor you should probably get rid of Overlord and add Rifle Cultists and Offering(instead of Decomposer). Nether Warp is not really necassary in that deck as the bases will basically explode if you use every spell anyways and you definetly won't want to be in the middle of it as Soulshatter will definetly deal substantial damage to you and the heal is probably not worth having it for. With Offering and void manipulation you shouldn't have any issues with charges anyways, so respawning something shouldn't be much of an issue. Therefor you could add the other Cluster Explosion affinity or Unholy Hero. Also Grim Bahir is nice but I'd prefer another Bloodhorn over it. You can use the purple ones as boss killers( 100% damage bonus with ability). Another advantage of using Bloodhorns only is that you can still heal them midfight for a substantial amount with Stampede.

For an allround PVE deck your probably to focused on t3 and t4. You probably want a swift unit in t1 as well. No towers is an issue when playing on a defensive map. I'd probably use Darkelf assassins as a t2 fallback unit. and would use makeshift tower t1 and Necroblaster t3. Can't make up a deck from the top of my head though.

If you want to use decks in both PVE and rPVE then I'd advise you not to do that. The focus in PVE and rPVE is generally very different and you'll definetly get at best good results in one and mediocre results in the other. Just clone the deck exchange a few cards and you'll get very good results in bothl, but you simply lack deck slots to make it work perfectly in both modes. Ain't much work and you'll have a much easier time.

Oh btw i really really like the spellheavy style and the general idea of the deck. It's one of my favorite deck types :)

Edited by Treim
SonnenBerg likes this

Thank you for this long expert view of this Deck my Friend :). And yeah you are right. I would take this not for Mission but for normal PVE. I love this type of Decks too and maybe is my first Deck i will Build in Beta. I hope i have enough time :D.

I would not plan decks with ultra rare cards.. especially if they aren't really necessary (grim bahir), 10 rare cards.. well it's possible but it will take some time imo

If you want to play T2 with just shadow phoenix I would use embalmers shrine as well 

Edited by HeroPat

just a suggestion and a question. Instead of nether warp as it seems rather out of place in this deck if you ask me, embalmers shrine seems like i would make more sense considering overload, shadow pheonix and FoF would all benefit from it. Also is it worthwhile to run both frenetic assaults, never run that spell before so not sure how useful it is. Other than that The guy above is correct you need some sort of other t2 unit in case something goes wrong.

On 01/02/2018 at 7:38 AM, erakus said:

just a suggestion and a question. Instead of nether warp as it seems rather out of place in this deck if you ask me, embalmers shrine seems like i would make more sense considering overload, shadow pheonix and FoF would all benefit from it. Also is it worthwhile to run both frenetic assaults, never run that spell before so not sure how useful it is. Other than that The guy above is correct you need some sort of other t2 unit in case something goes wrong.

I agree with that. Warp is something I would use in the middle of a PVP fight. but again I don't know I only did Nature+Frost decks. Otherwise a decent deck.

2 hours ago, Lelgi99 said:

I agree with that. Warp is something I would use in the middle of a PVP fight. but again I don't know I only did Nature+Frost decks. Otherwise a decent deck.

On 1.2.2018 at 8:38 AM, erakus said:

Netherwarp is a very situational card in rPVE especially. If you reach a dead end and would have to run across the whole map it is often possible to warp over walls into the next base if you have a mate on the other side. Again very situational and needs a little bit of coordination. If you are simply running maps for fun you'd want much rather something that is usefull in a lot of different scenarios and as netherwarp basically kills your own units in that kind of deck you'd probably want another damage spell or buff.

Also i agree that Embalmer's Shrine is a must have card when using Shadow Phoenix, kind of overlooked it in my first post.

i thought it was possible to warp troughh closed gates simiar to the way undead army in combination with skythe fiends where used (in order to generate ground presence in certain areas )

8 minutes ago, Anonymos said:

i thought it was possible to warp troughh closed gates simiar to the way undead army in combination with skythe fiends where used (in order to generate ground presence in certain areas )

That is possible yeah. Actually in Canyon speedrun you use both of the mentioned strategies.

For a pure PVE deck it probably is good to have it as you want to play around units more than spells - generally speaking and the utility it provides helps. It is still a situational card though, so i am not sure if i would put it in a PVE deck used for all kinds of maps. There probably is a card that would give you a better value on a lot of maps. Netherwarp is definetly super usefull on a few maps because you can basically skip a big part of the map - or atleast make it drasitcally easier. That probably also a case for personal preference :)

7 minutes ago, Treim said:

[...] That probably also a case for personal preference :)

i guess this it what it comes down to atleast while not going for speedruns or no-affort-needed-when-lss-spamm strategies